Are you a Keuriger?

• Love them!!!

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Give me the Drip!!!

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
Keurig is great. Also, Panera has unlimited coffee for 9 bucks a month. Go in as often as you want with a 2 hr waiting period between visits.

I'm definitely a Breville fan, have an espresso in the morning and one after lunch, but you can make an "americano" as strong as you like with this and also use whole beans, much cheaper than pods and nothing to go in the landfill after.

I received that unit for Christmas a few years back. I had been eyeing a Rancilo Silvia but couldn't quite justify the expense. The Breville 870XL has been very good. When I moved to a new office at work, I bought a second one during boxing week sale to have at work. I figure it pays for itself in a year compared to a $4 Starbucks a day! Sorry if I sidetracked the thread a bit...

I love my Keurig. I'm not a coffee snob (except that I hate Starbucks coffee with a fiery passion), and the most important thing to me in the morning is getting that first cup quickly with minimal effort. Mine has a "strong" setting if I want it a little bolder, and it also makes iced coffee when I want it. There are tons of different pods available for Keurig machines, so plenty of variety to try - I've had both good and bad ones, just like drip coffee. We also have one of the reusable pods you can fill, if I want some coffee that I can't find in pods.

I’ve never even thought about this. How much time is spent filling the pods? Or are they reusable?
They are reusable....takes about 30 seconds to fill. And sometimes I will add some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. This is coming from a guy that hated the regular pods, i thought they were weak and tasted odd but now i love my Keurig

I received that unit for Christmas a few years back. I had been eyeing a Rancilo Silvia but couldn't quite justify the expense. The Breville 870XL has been very good. When I moved to a new office at work, I bought a second one during boxing week sale to have at work. I figure it pays for itself in a year compared to a $4 Starbucks a day! Sorry if I sidetracked the thread a bit...
Exactly, with 3.00 espressos, it pays for itself in 1/2 a year for me ;)

They are reusable....takes about 30 seconds to fill. And sometimes I will add some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. This is coming from a guy that hated the regular pods, i thought they were weak and tasted odd but now i love my Keurig
You have me googling this now!!!

I was not a fan until I started using the pods that you can put the coffee in yourself. So I buy a bag of dunkin doughnuts coffee and fill that pod up to the max. Taste nearly as good as going there. Change my thoughts on Keurig

Yep, I have a couple Keurigs that my wife found at Goodwill for pennies on the dollar, use the refillable K-Cups with Folgers Black Silk. Good cup of coffee. That said, nothing beats fresh ground Starbucks French Roast in the French press.

If you are getting reusable pods, get a couple. You can fill the second while the first is brewing. Also there a multiple uses for used coffee grounds, the dumpster deodorizer really works well when the weather is hot.
https://www.moneycrashers.com/ways-reuse-coffee-grinds/

This machine is not an acceptable replacement for real coffee

Not a huge fan. Was using them in our old office long before they were even a consumer product. Love the convenience, just not a fan of the coffee.

For pod coffee, the Virtuo from a Nespresso is very good. We grind and brew our coffee now and both like it more.
I was just going to suggest this exact nespresso machine - it’s what we settled on after buying a lot of the competition and trial and error.

No, but if you don't have the time to mess with a french press and don't want to spend 7 dollars on some coffee shop coffee, it does a great job.

I have one and it gets used for only tea now.

The nespresso is night and day better for single serve coffee

I was not a fan until I started using the pods that you can put the coffee in yourself. So I buy a bag of dunkin doughnuts coffee and fill that pod up to the max. Taste nearly as good as going there. Change my thoughts on Keurig
Been doing this for years. Got the gold plated ones and bought 2. Pack one tight and get 20oz out of 1 pod. And we save the grinds and put them in our compost pile.

I really enjoy my Keurig. Mine has a “strong“ setting, which takes a little longer than the normal setting, but yields a better cup.

I mostly use my own home roasted beans... I order green coffee beans off Amazon or Ebay, and then roast them at home in a Fresh Roast SR500. Guatemalan, Columbian, Mexican, Tanzanian, Ethiopian, Hawaiian... I’ve tried a bunch of different coffees.

Grind them as I use them, and fill a little refillable k-pod (snipped off 2 liter for a funnel works great).

I’ve tried some of the prepackaged ones... I like the Donut Shop one best, but Costco’s medium and the pacific bold are okay, too.

I switched to keurig because I was using an aeropress, and it slipped a couple of times making a scalding mess, and I thought this would be safer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used keurig forever from work to home. Went single cup pour over. Slightly more effort. Exponentially better coffee.

I pretty much only drink coffee when I am camping. As such, its french press for me.

My wife has a nespresso machine and has fallen in love with it. She used Keurig for years before.

anybody still using percolated? I used to have a nice corning ware and a few stainless steel? percolators with the glass knob where you see and hear it. Not to mention the jingle on TV (Maxwell House). Friend of ours has the Nespresso, I like it also, but kind of costly at around 98c a pod I believe.

1599695256839.png
This for convenience with Kuerig.
This for flavor.
1599695375409.png

I absolutely love the Keurig! It is so convenient. my wife doesn't drink coffee so it works great for me to have a cup or two in the morning . My favorite coffee right now is Starbucks Verona. I am a fan of strong black coffee and this really fits the bill! I will probably never go back to a drip coffee maker.

I like them better at work than at home.. at home I like my aeropress now, but also have French press and a ninja coffee brewer

Has anyone gotten a Spinn? I signed up for it back in 2017 and because of how long it took for the product to get released, ended up getting a refund a year later.

I absolutely love the Keurig! It is so convenient. my wife doesn't drink coffee so it works great for me to have a cup or two in the morning . My favorite coffee right now is Starbucks Verona. I am a fan of strong black coffee and this really fits the bill! I will probably never go back to a drip coffee maker.

I just bought some Verona K Cups tonight. Love the convenience and I usually only make 1 cup, maybe 2 on the weekend.

Ok, so I’m cheap. I use a 4 cup, drip coffee maker I bought for $10 about 20 years ago. I can have a 3 cups of Folgers coffee every day for a month for less money than what the Keurig coffee would cost me for just two mornings. I just can’t bring myself to use K cups.

I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to my coffee standards. That said, I can't stand Charbucks. I'm a Dunkin guy, or TJs, basically, for everyday. Green Mountain Coffee used to be really good before they went corporate. I can tolerate Keurigs at work when needed. They were actually halfway decent.

I'd love to know how they brew coffee in Germany. Two business trips, two weeks, and there were two things I could not find - a bad beer, and a bad cup of coffee. And I looked hard for both.

My kids got Keurigs, and they made halfway decent brew, just like at work. So with me the only coffee drinker, I picked up a higher end Keurig during one of Kohl's crazy sales. I tried different brews. I tried using DD coffee in the reusable pods. I could not get a good cup of coffee to save my life.

That 12 cup Cuisinart is very reliable and makes great coffee. I have the old Keurig and a pack of reusable pods somewhere in the garage, if we can ever have garage sales again.
I tried these pods:

Used keurig forever from work to home. Went single cup pour over. Slightly more effort. Exponentially better coffee.

What’s your setup and method for single cup pourover? And why is this better, do you think, than drip or keurig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back