• Give me the Drip!!!

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So for years I was content with a coffee pot! Allowed me to brew my coffee as strong as I liked & have multiple cups if chosen. My wife convinced me to switch to a Keurig. Unfortunately I’m not a fan. The coffee isn’t as strong, I’m left having to use multiple cartridges if I want a second cup, & point blank coffee is more expensive.

what are your thoughts? Tips on the coffee to taste better? Brand preference for k-cups?

I’m a drip fan!!!

DAD21415-C9E7-459E-9031-6DE4D0DC21AB.jpegBang! Solved it for you. I like the single serve maker we use. We buy a French roast flavor from Amazon that is quite strong and tasty.

Not a huge fan. Was using them in our old office long before they were even a consumer product. Love the convenience, just not a fan of the coffee.

For pod coffee, the Virtuo from a Nespresso is very good. We grind and brew our coffee now and both like it more.

So for years I was content with a coffee pot! Allowed me to brew my coffee as strong as I liked & have multiple cups if chosen. My wife convinced me to switch to a Keurig. Unfortunately I’m not a fan. The coffee isn’t as strong, I’m left having to use multiple cartridges if I want a second cup, & point blank coffee is more expensive.

what are your thoughts? Tips on the coffee to taste better? Brand preference for k-cups?

Coffee that is already ground and sitting on a shelf is not good coffee. It's coffee but it's not quality. Good beans, ground in a quality grinder right before use is the way to go if you can.

I've used this one for 9 years - the first version. This is 2.0. You can set water temperature and altitude, pre-soak

Last edited:
You can’t go wrong with fresh ground coffee...the aroma & taste alone!!!

Now I’ve never seen that Hamilton Beach two way @SirShives

As said above a Keurig is all about the convenience. Caribou Obsidian K-Cups have some kick. I use a single serve at the cabin and just brew the Obsidian with a little less water to get the strength I want...

I've gotten used to espresso based coffee (Americano, cappuccino, latte, flat white, etc) so drip coffee tastes watery to me now. I guess I'm officially a coffee snob now.

15993948728291812316958258658910.jpg

I was not a fan until I started using the pods that you can put the coffee in yourself. So I buy a bag of dunkin doughnuts coffee and fill that pod up to the max. Taste nearly as good as going there. Change my thoughts on Keurig

I completely agree with you @mmaynard11.

I was rocking the Keurig for a bit for convenience sake. Then realized it was not worth it. Sacrifice so much flavor and goodness of coffee. It almost doesn’t seem like legitimate coffee anymore.

So overall I definitely prefer drip. In the summer months I have been making Cold Brew which has been amazing. I am able to brew coffee for the whole week which is actually very efficient and wow is it delicious.

Would say drip. Not a fan of the keurig except quickness.

I do iced coffee or cold brew - started doing it back in march and I won’t go back

I use it for convenience, but agree it is quite weak. I’ve found the Bialetti Moka to be meh (takes longer than I expect and annoying to clean).

I typically am at SBUX five times per week

Coffee is pretty weak so I'm not the biggest fan but with two under two the convince is for sure worth it

We have one just for the convenience. My daughter and her husband do pour over only and it is so much better. I don’t know why we don’t go that route. Doesn’t take that much longer.

View attachment 8962122Bang! Solved it for you. I like the single serve maker we use. We buy a French roast flavor from Amazon that is quite strong and tasty.
That’s the pot we have. It’s not the fastest but it makes good coffee.

we’ve also had this one

I was not a fan until I started using the pods that you can put the coffee in yourself. So I buy a bag of dunkin doughnuts coffee and fill that pod up to the max. Taste nearly as good as going there. Change my thoughts on Keurig
I’ve never even thought about this. How much time is spent filling the pods? Or are they reusable?

my preference of standard coffee, in order:

1: pour over
2: French press
3: areopress
4. drip coffee
5. hot water with two shots of espresso
6. Keurig

I would suggest that you look into the super automatic espresso machines. They are fantastic and make awesome coffee. I can make some suggestions if you want, and if you don’t mind a refurbished machine you can find some great deals. And since you are in Florida, I recommend Bustelo Supreme whole bean in one of the reusable pods if you are going to use a Keuirg. It’s not as convenient as the disposable pods, but I would rather work a bit more than have terrible coffee.

And if you want to change your life, I’ll show you how to make Cuban coffee from a Moka pot.

Keurig is convenient thats about it. I have one and never use it, I make drip coffee instead plus those pods can get expensive

Love my Kuerig. It’s good enough for me and it’s quick.

I've been using a keurig for several years, but I think I am going back to grinding my own and drip. I like to take a big cup of coffee to work and having to make 3 k-cups is a pain.

Drip fan here. Grind my own. My bank has the Keurig in the lobby and its OK for lobby coffee. But much prefer my own.

reusable filters are my preferred kuerig solver. Pack fresh grounds in and can control the boldness.

1599401541644.png

reusable filters are my preferred kuerig solver. Pack fresh grounds in and can control the boldness.

View attachment 8962156
I use something very similar to these fillable pods, and similar filters (makes cleanup much easier). I have also hacked my kuerig coffee maker so I can set the size higher if I want, and also modded to accept any pod.

I've gotten used to espresso based coffee (Americano, cappuccino, latte, flat white, etc) so drip coffee tastes watery to me now. I guess I'm officially a coffee snob now.

I'm definitely a Breville fan, have an espresso in the morning and one after lunch, but you can make an "americano" as strong as you like with this and also use whole beans, much cheaper than pods and nothing to go in the landfill after.
View attachment 8962126

Back