Kirkland Costco Golf Ball Thread

Are they going to be available in Canada this time?

Maybe you could have one of your A$$ Clown friends in the States pick up a box for you and get it here in a couple weeks? :thinking:

Mine should be delivered today :) Excited to try them out.

I thought i would give it a chance and go. Maybe will need to keep my eyes on the webpage from time to time. Thank you for the information.Unsure. A playing partner said he got some here. Seems like no

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

You should be able to call Costco with the item number and have them do a search of local Costco's if you ever want to check store availability and aren't real close to a store.

Had a sleeve of the 4 piece, decided to try them out for 9 holes. Not a big fan of the seam. Distance seemed ok, and holding the green was no problem. But it was pretty soft out today. It was also windy, and this ball does not cut through the wind at all. Really have to take that into account if you’re playing on a windy day.

Played the original Ksig ball for 9 holes today. Thought it was OK but would not replace my 2 normal gamers. Thought the ball held really well when hitting into greens and was predictable when chipping/pitching the ball. Was not overly impressed with it off the tee though. Fitrst of all felt a little harder than the normal balls I play. Higher compression possibly? Seemed a little shorter and dispersion was not as tight off the tee either.

Maybe you could have one of your A$$ Clown friends in the States pick up a box for you and get it here in a couple weeks? :thinking:

Cresticles bought some. I will take some when he isn’t looking. Haha. :alien:

Just opened mine...smelled super chemically. Balls don’t smell though. Raining a ton so maybe tomorrow I’ll putt and chip with them. Went with the 4 piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two rounds in with the 3 piece. Pretty impressed with the green side spin. Distance not longer or shorter than the Chrome Soft (for me). Solid off irons. Sound is a little clicky and feels harder than the 4 piece. Durability seems good.

I have played the 4 piece before but they were gone fast again, i bought 4 dozen of the three piece i want to see how they feel. they still haven't sold out online so it looks like people are waiting to see the reviews on the new ones,. the 4 piece were made in Korea then new ones are made in China.

I wasn't planning on getting any of these but had told the wife back last winter if she saw the Kirkland balls for sale buy a bunch. She saw them and ordered me 2 boxes of the 4 piece so I said what the hell and ordered 2 more boxes. I really don't see these knocking the 2018 CS Truvis out of my bag but I will try them out and and can always sell them on EBay since they are sold out again!

I was putting with them earlier along with a Truvis and could not really tell any difference using the Putt Out mat but the true test will be on the course.

I know there's been lots of talk about the ability of these balls to perform in the wind.... I played this past Friday is a steady 20-30 mph wind and they came thru fine. I only can recall 2 shots that ballooned into the wind, but they came up about 10 yards shorter than I expected...so overall, not a show stopper in the type of wind we played in.

I've been playing these balls for awhile, so I'm not new to them. I'm playing the batch that came out just before the 3 and 4 piece offerings, which I believe were available around the end of 2017.

I honestly have to say I was a little surprised by the performance on Friday...partly because I have not played much recently and expected my swing/contact to be off, but more due to the high winds.

Driver / 3w - as long as any other premium ball, no issue with side spin.
Irons - more spin on shorter irons, so something I have to consider when selecting a club...but this is not to be interpreted as them being shorter distance-wise.
Wedges - ironically, this is where I don't get the spin I would expect. They roll out a little more than I'd like, so again something to keep in mind on chips.
Putter - in the past I have commented that they are clicky and don't have the feel I like...but in this most recent round I putted well with them and felt like I was in control.

Obviously these balls have been polarizing and opinions are all over the place. I would not make these my #1 ball, as I'd still put the Z-Star XV, TP5x, and Chromesoft on the tee before anything else....but otherwise I'd say these are equal to several other in-store and online options out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have played the 4 piece before but they were gone fast again, i bought 4 dozen of the three piece i want to see how they feel. they still haven't sold out online so it looks like people are waiting to see the reviews on the new ones,. the 4 piece were made in Korea then new ones are made in China.

4boxes(8dozen) of the 4pc I bought last week all say made in Korea

Played my 4pc yesterday. Lost the first ball but this one was used from 3-18. Found its way to a couple pebbly bunkers, maybe a cart path pr at lease really hard ground, etc

Had good flight but I don't think I could shape it as well, but I don't really recall trying to. No crazy spin off the driver, and I had a super nice 325 yd drive (with help from ridge and slope) and a few more at ~275

Putting was good with it. Spin greenside was meh, didn't really bite but then again no balls i use on my local course ever really bite
adfdd250b1d68426c6a6ddb300c97635.jpg
f5f232470bce5757a4dc382ee004fc75.jpg
47492054be44d34f73d24d304e360c46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4boxes(8dozen) of the 4pc I bought last week all say made in Korea

Yes the 4 piece balls are made in Korea the new balls I mentioned are the 3 piece and they are made in China.

Yes the 4 piece balls are made in Korea the new balls I mentioned are the 3 piece and they are made in China.

"I have played the 4 piece before but they were gone fast again, i bought 4 dozen of the three piece i want to see how they feel. they still haven't sold out online so it looks like people are waiting to see the reviews on the new ones,. the 4 piece were made in Korea then new ones are made in China."

They way you are wording it in your original post makes the reader interpret it quite differently; that 4 pc ball was originally made in Korea, and now are made in China. This is not correct; just pointing it out

Have not had a chance to play them yet but I have putted them around at home. They sound kind of clicky to me.

Have not had a chance to play them yet but I have putted them around at home. They sound kind of clicky to me.

I've used them since they first came out and they've always had a clicky feeling/sound off the putter...but that same issue does not exist off the driver, irons or wedges for me. The ball doesn't putt differently as it rolls true and I don't have difficulty with judging distance -- it's just the sound that is "off"....

I've used them since they first came out and they've always had a clicky feeling/sound off the putter...but that same issue does not exist off the driver, irons or wedges for me. The ball doesn't putt differently as it rolls true and I don't have difficulty with judging distance -- it's just the sound that is "off"....

Yah. Not a very appealing sound to me but I am yet to see how it plays on the course. Will give it a go sometime this week.

I am hoping to try out the 3 piece this weekend. The verdict is still out on the 4 piece since I lost my first sleeve so quickly.

I am hoping to try out the 3 piece this weekend. The verdict is still out on the 4 piece since I lost my first sleeve so quickly.

Course was empty this afternoon so I was able to play two balls per hole, Kirkland 3 piece v Titelst Velocity. Consistently Velocity averaged 15 / 20 yards longer.

Course was empty this afternoon so I was able to play two balls per hole, Kirkland 3 piece v Titelst Velocity. Consistently Velocity averaged 15 / 20 yards longer.

Com'on man, you're comparing a budget, low tier distance ball to a premium ball. Not even close. The K3 is leaps and bounds a better ball than the Velocity. If you were getting that much more out of the Velocity, the K3 isn't for you anyway.

I hit a 64° wedge, 74 yards, two feet from the pin, and it spun back 10 yards off the green. No distance loss.

I actually find it hard to believe you got 15 yards more out of a glorified range ball...

Com'on man, you're comparing a budget, low tier distance ball to a premium ball. Not even close. The K3 is leaps and bounds a better ball than the Velocity. If you were getting that much more out of the Velocity, the K3 isn't for you anyway.

I hit a 64° wedge, 74 yards, two feet from the pin, and it spun back 10 yards off the green. No distance loss.

I actually find it hard to believe you got 15 yards more out of a glorified range ball...
So the K3 is considered a "premium" ball? I've always found the Velocity to be one of the longer balls available so that distance difference isn't out of the realm if you're trading that for performance which it sounds like the K3 definitely offers.

So the K3 is considered a "premium" ball? I've always found the Velocity to be one of the longer balls available so that distance difference isn't out of the realm if you're trading that for performance which it sounds like the K3 definitely offers.
I think the influx of new balls into the market recently has made the "premium ball" description obsolete...or at least a bit vague. There are some cost-conscious options available that perform very well, so does that disqualify them from being a premium ball? Does premium relate to cost, performance, popularity/market share, name recognition, or all of those?

I don't have the answer, I just think the "premium" moniker is outdated now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back