Kirkland Signature 3 piece urethane V2

I am just excited for quality golf balls at a very reasonable price. Looking at tests of golf balls they stack up extremely well against other mid to high tier golf balls.
Check out some dtc golf balls. Cut is an affordable quality brand, this far.

I'd hit them yourself before going all in... and hit all 12, not just one one haha

Until Kirkland gets an R&D department, I'm just not that excited about it.
I would be lying if I didn't rely heavily one websites robot testing of the balls. I do have all the high and mid high tier balls in my ball collection. So a test could be done to see what I truly like most.

• WTF
Reactions: JB
Check out some dtc golf balls. Cut is an affordable quality brand, this far.
I have a dozen MTBx NIB and a couple Vice. I haven't run across Cut yet.

I have a dozen MTBx NIB and a couple Vice. I haven't run across Cut yet.
How do those companies compare to kirkland sigs? I've used the vice pro+ and smell, think they might be best if you are good with paying more.

I would be lying if I didn't rely heavily one websites robot testing of the balls. I do have all the high and mid high tier balls in my ball collection. So a test could be done to see what I truly like most.

annnnd that's where it gets interesting.. We ain't robots :ROFLMAO:

I also would bring them to a fun round and practice real life shots on a slow day. Makes a difference on drives/approach/chips/putter feel...

I forgot to look for these when we were last in Costco.

previous version had people buying them for more than Pro Vs they must be

magic.. there's some magic in there for sure..

I don't know how to even respond to that, there is nothing about that kirkland ball that would suggest anything as fun as your giphy LOL:LOL:

I don't know how to even respond to that, there is nothing about that kirkland ball that would suggest anything as fun as your giphy LOL:LOL:

More in response to the OG version where people were paying more for those than Pro Vs or any other premium tour ball for that matter.

Also, always fun to shock and awe people into silence ROFL

More in response to the OG version where people were paying more for those than Pro Vs or any other premium tour ball for that matter.
I did read awhile back people were selling them for crazy prices, I see some pop up on facebook from time to time for crazy money and sell!

If someone could help me get my hands on some of these I’d be glad to do a comparison video with them against the current Kirkland 3-piece ball on Trackman. We don’t have them in our Costco in Pittsburgh yet, and they are not available online yet. I’d be willing to pay face value plus shipping if someone can get me some. I recently did a video on the current ball vs. Pro V1 and Callaway Chrome Soft in case you wanted to see how I would compare. That data also showed I needed a driver shaft fitting cause I got way too much spin! Lol

Let me know if someone can hook me up!

Did you track impact location of those shots? In most testing you will see the Chrome Soft spin a bit less on full swings due to a lower compression.

We breakdown how compression impacts spin and speed here.

You know, I didn’t, but the Trackman could have totally done that now that I think of it. That could possibly be another data point that would rule out some of the bad shots. My spin doesn’t surprise me though as I have a slightly steep, and outside in swing. Going for a driver shaft fitting next week to hopefully help with my spin numbers.

Did you track impact location of those shots? In most testing you will see the Chrome Soft spin a bit less on full swings due to a lower compression.

We breakdown how compression impacts spin and speed here.

@JB, do I remember right that the Kirkland balls are very high-spin? I can't remember if I saw testing here somewhere or somewhere else, but I seem to recall reading that they were super-high spin.

Depending on your swing and swing speed they can be. They spin more with some of my friends that swing much faster than me. With my duffer swing though at 95 mph there really wasn’t much difference between it and the Pro V1.

@JB, do I remember right that the Kirkland balls are very high-spin? I can't remember if I saw testing here somewhere or somewhere else, but I seem to recall reading that they were super-high spin.
While most look to the cover for spin, the further you get away from the green, the less impact the cover has on total spin and more that comes from compression (and layer composition) similar to speed.

I cut open some Kirkland 3 piece balls(not V2) last summer if nothing else to show my son what they looked like inside and how fun a SawzAll can be. :)

3 of the 5 we cut open had cores that were off-center. I’m not sure that the batch I had is representative of the overall quality control for whoever is making these for them but it certainly didn’t give me much confidence. I know MyGolfSpy found concentricity issues with 22% of their samples of the same model Kirkland ball I cut open so that is one more data point.

Back