Should I still order it now?
The wrap adjusts pretty big, but I can't guage how big you would need it to be right now from the picture.

I still use it to this day if my knee has been overworked. Just nice to be able to get around if needed. Everything just stays in place and can put as much/little compression on it as needed.

Hah, honestly I went back to work after 4 days. I got it done on a Thursday and went back in on the following Monday. I was not 100%, but I also get really bored really fast so my advice isn't always what I did.

Here's the deal though, I was working in a different place where I was the HRD and I had a big private office with a private bathroom and fridge and stuff so I never actually needed to leave unless I wanted to.

I offered to take off 6 weeks and just lounge around and enjoy my time but our COO was like "I'll do whatever you want" so I got some fun out of it.

I was also pretty good friends with the EVS supervisor so she told me she would get her staff to bring ice every couple of hours. They bought me a little stool to prop up my knee and I took time away to do PT (we had a PT facility in our building, so I just hobbled down there 2 birds with 1 stone since I was already at work).
I went back to make sure I read your post right......man you're unreal. 4 days out I was still having a tough time walking (with my walker) to the bathroom.

UNREAL!!!!!!

I went back to make sure I read your post right......man you're unreal. 4 days out I was still having a tough time walking (with my walker) to the bathroom.

UNREAL!!!!!!
Yep - no I get it. I was stubborn and if I could do it again I would have waited. I was in the mood of one of those "If I don't do my job no one will". I had gone on my honeymoon the year before and was out of the country for 2 weeks and I came back to an absolute nightmare that took me like a month to dig out of. I wasn't going to go through that again.

I had a large private office and people offered to bring me stuff (and assist) and I had a private bathroom in the office. My PT was down the hall. Everything was like an ideal situation. I was the HR director at a care facility so my place was uniquely set up to be able to care for someone in my condition to begin with. It was also my 5th knee surgery and I was pretty used to the discomfort and needing to figure out how to live life with only one leg that would bend for a bit.

Don't take my advice, stay out of work for more than 4 days - give it 6 weeks or whatever makes you comfortable. Just do not ever skip workouts or PT, you need those to get back up and running.

UNREAL!!!!!!
Everyone's recovery will be their own. What others are able to do cannot influence you. Listen to your doctor and your physical therapist. They'll guide you appropriately.

I read of guys being back on the course after just 2-3 weeks! My doctor didn't give me the 'OK' until almost 10 weeks after each surgery. His concern was me falling getting into or out of a trap, slipping on wet grass or when going up or down a slope. It had nothing to do with the knee not holding up while swinging, which I was able to do and start chipping, putting and even hitting balls at about six weeks.

I think the most frustrating thing right now are the comments I'm getting. People are "you're really in pain still" or "your not up and moving without your cane"...." I know this person that got it done and they were up and moving fine after so and so days" it's just SO F'ING FRUSTRATING. it makes me feel like I'm failing.

I think my meds are kicking in...lol

I'm struggling as much mentally as i am physically.

Sorry to vent on a golf site

Vent all you need as everyone is different when it comes to procedures. Much like our golf swings and what equipment we like.

Get it off your chest and keep grinding on that knee (physician/pt approved). Don't be afraid to ask questions about your concerns to either of them. They don't know how the healing/procedure is going/went without your feedback to them. It's your body and simply keep them posted along the process.

I get the mental thing, it's tough reading other experiences and you not being where you think you should be. Stay strong and diligent with the communication with your procedure support team.

Vent all you need as everyone is different when it comes to procedures. Much like our golf swings and what equipment we like.

Get it off your chest and keep grinding on that knee (physician/pt approved). Don't be afraid to ask questions about your concerns to either of them. They don't know how the healing/procedure is going/went without your feedback to them. It's your body and simply keep them posted along the process.

I get the mental thing, it's tough reading other experiences and you not being where you think you should be. Stay strong and diligent with the communication with your procedure support team.
Thank you

Don't let the mental part get you down too much because everyone heals at a different pace.My best pal had his knee replaced about 8 months ago and he had the same issue. A man he knew had his done the day before my friend's surgery,and the man did PT with my friend.My pal said that the other man seemed to be at least a week or two ahead of him on most of his functions such as walking with out a cane,driving his car etc., even doing the same type PT exercises.My friend got real depressed about it and even questioned his doctor on the surgery success. Now my friend is doing great,and working his part time job ,playing golf,doing his yard work etc. just fine.The doctor had to convince my friend that everyone's body is not the same and it's healing ability is not like the next guys.

I think the most frustrating thing right now are the comments I'm getting. People are "you're really in pain still" or "your not up and moving without your cane"...." I know this person that got it done and they were up and moving fine after so and so days" it's just SO F'ING FRUSTRATING. it makes me feel like I'm failing.
The only person whose recovery should matter to you is yours. Procedures can be the same but how we tolerate and recover form them are not. My wife had a much harder time with hers than I did mine. She tried to measure her recovery against her friend's who had a much easier time than I did, looking back. Trying to measure your recovery against someone else isn't fair to you.

Vent away.

I'm struggling as much mentally as i am physically.

Sorry to vent on a golf site
That was my biggest struggle when I broke my leg last year. I was zero weight bearing for six weeks, that may be the closest I've been to actually losing my mind. In my case the mental aspect was much worse than the physical. Once you start seeing real progress it gets better or did for me but that six weeks was rough! Hang in there though, it's all temporary even if it feels like it isn't.

Everybody and every body is different.... if your Dr. and PT team are confident that you are progressing ok, go with that... do what you're supposed to do and keep at it.
Good luck!!

i am having knee replacement surgery next tuesday. i am nervous but very excited. i have not picked up a golf club in nearly 1.5 years, just can't swing through anymore, hoping this will help that. must importantly is being able to run around with my daughter, which i can not do right now.

just looking for some helpful tips on do's and don'ts from those that have had it or know someone who has. things you did that helped and things you wish you would have done or should not have done.

weird to think that i only have 5 more days of work then i am done for the year. lots of THP'ing coming up :love:
I had both knees replaced 7 years ago. Like you I had reached a point where each step was painful. At times I could not retrieve my ball from the hole. It was a game and life changer for me. Most important is the rehab, that was the key to my recovery. Go above and beyond if possible. I had mine at 60 yrs old. Still good to this day. Good luck.

I can see the look of concern in that little face. And yes they do know!!!! Thats why you have to keep going and healing so you can throw the ball again!!! My wife has torn her mediscus and is in PT. right now. A week later and she if doing much better because she is doing what they told her to do. Our world of microwave mentality wants us up and running now but take it easy and think about that first Tee shot and how good its gonna feel to be out playing again.

Getting better but still having problems sleeping....as you can see as I post this at 3am.

Pain can still be bad at times. I'm mainly still using the walker but can get by with just a cane. I just don't feel super steady yet, that's why I have been using the walker. Really ramping up pt....maybe a little too much since my hammy and quad are sore...lol

I have my first dr appointment tomorrow...well I guess it is today. Curious to hear what he has to say.

Lastly, I'm not trying to but I am giving myself a little anxiety over having to go back to work in 2 weeks. Right now I just dont know how that is going to happen. I guess I still got 2 more weeks to recover.

Thanks guys

Definitely think I have turned a HUGE corner. I am actually walking, sometimes, with no cane at all. Sleep is still tough but at least I'm getting about 5'ish hours a night.

Such a big thank you to all on here that commented and help me out. A couple of you went beyond that and texted and called me to talk me off the ledge.

Thanks soooooo much guys. I really hope I end up at a thp event with you. Drinks on me all weekend.

1. Out patient PT

2. walking with no pain at all

3. Get in the gym and get back in shape

4. Get back on the course....man, I can't wait for that day. It will be 2 years this summer since I hit a golf ball. That is TOO F'ING LONG

Definitely think I have turned a HUGE corner. I am actually walking, sometimes, with no cane at all. Sleep is still tough but at least I'm getting about 5'ish hours a night.

Such a big thank you to all on here that commented and help me out. A couple of you went beyond that and texted and called me to talk me off the ledge.

Thanks soooooo much guys. I really hope I end up at a thp event with you. Drinks on me all weekend.

Glad to hear your progressing!

Love it! Sounds like you broke through that wall...well done! Keep at it, especially when it starts to feel Strong, don't stop the PT even if insurance does. Don't have to go into them, just keep doing what they had you do at home.

Hope your range of motion is improving and rest comes easier at night.

Sounds like things are progressing. I am in complete agreement with @J4U don't stop the PT. Even when the therapist says you graduate and don't have to come back, continue to do therapy at home. You will be a lot better off in the long run if you continue. Keep up the good work. I know it's hard and painful at times but it will all be worth it.

Well done sir !!

Back