I pulled the trigger on a CB DF 3 on Monday from their outlet store. I didn’t think it would be delivered this week but the tracking info is showing delivery on Friday. I have our CC’s Senior Club Championship tournament this weekend. The temptation to put it in action right away is strong. I might need to knock off a few hours early Friday afternoon and head to the putting green to see if I should.

Anyone compare the DF3 to the df2.1?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Place where I get lessons has these.... they are still big, but they roll really nicely. I may do a fitting for one of their putters this summer.

I pulled the trigger on a CB DF 3 on Monday from their outlet store. I didn’t think it would be delivered this week but the tracking info is showing delivery on Friday. I have our CC’s Senior Club Championship tournament this weekend. The temptation to put it in action right away is strong. I might need to knock off a few hours early Friday afternoon and head to the putting green to see if I should.

I have spent a week on the change ... I had to relax completely and just trust the technology. I'd spend all day on Friday with it. Ball position is critical. Don't try to control it. Just make the stroke.

I have spent a week on the change ... I had to relax completely and just trust the technology. I'd spend all day on Friday with it. Ball position is critical. Don't try to control it. Just make the stroke.

If I was smart (which I am not claiming to be) I will wait and use my current putter for this tournament and start working with the DF 3 on Monday.

If I was smart (which I am not claiming to be) I will wait and use my current putter for this tournament and start working with the DF 3 on Monday.
I went out cold with mine and won THP league event.

Well I just decided to order the df2.1.
Tried the 3 and liked it but since it felt overly light and I would need custom to get 33 inch length, it would cost me 220$ Canadian more.
Also as a custom order I would have to wait 6+ weeks to get it and so wouldn't be until mid may and then time to get used to it.

Was able to get a stock DF2.1 at my 33 inches 69* lie which is stock and have it delivered tomorrow.

And frankly the DF3 is only better in the size department, but the DF2.1 is still the best in terms of moi and stability.

Since I have no issue with jts looks I didn't see the point for DF3.

That said, if I wanted a smaller head I much prefer the DF3 to the Mezz models.

I still want one of these but need to make one of the videos to make sure the lie angle would be right. The stock is def a smidge more flat than I’d prefer to keep my hands. Also really want the TPT shaft in it. Need to sell my Cobra King Tours first.

Rolled it. It looks so odd but man it just feels center of the face on every roll. It’s a hard ponder when I have the free money for it

Rolled it. It looks so odd but man it just feels center of the face on every roll. It’s a hard ponder when I have the free money for it
Best mallet I’ve ever tried and it’s not close

Well I just decided to order the df2.1.
Tried the 3 and liked it but since it felt overly light and I would need custom to get 33 inch length, it would cost me 220$ Canadian more.
Also as a custom order I would have to wait 6+ weeks to get it and so wouldn't be until mid may and then time to get used to it.

Was able to get a stock DF2.1 at my 33 inches 69* lie which is stock and have it delivered tomorrow.

And frankly the DF3 is only better in the size department, but the DF2.1 is still the best in terms of moi and stability.

Since I have no issue with jts looks I didn't see the point for DF3.

That said, if I wanted a smaller head I much prefer the DF3 to the Mezz models.

Hope you enjoy it.

I think you can't really go wrong with any of the lab. Putters provided, you have the right fit period truthfully. I tried the link and really enjoyed it. And if I wanted to just have something good, kept. A. Typical blade shape but have the technology that lab provides I. Would go that route in a heartbeat as I really enjoyed it.

I really liked the DF3 also. And I think have the stock model been available in a 33 inch? Without such a long wait, I may have just opted for that period however, I'm of the philosophy with my golf of going big or going home period might explain why I make so many birdies and so many doubles because I don't like to lay up. L o l .

Figure, I'll go with the big Beast period I have very vague memories of swinging at once or twice. Many years ago, before they were even lab golf and I remember thinking to myself. Wow, this putter feels like it is on rails period but I. Also, remember it being about 400 U. S dollars at the time when. Most putters were less than half of that and I moved on .

Best mallet I’ve ever tried and it’s not close
It comes off so solid. I rolled one at PGASS and didn’t make anything, but my speed was within 2ft. You mean I can go coast to coast and be within 2ft? Uhh ohhhhh

Guess he’s not a fan of his LAB Golf putter 🤯 yikes

Gave the new putter a quick test run before the rain started. Really impressed with the feel. It’s already in the bag for the tournament weekend. I will be going to the course an extra hour early to work a little more on distance control.

I find these ugly as sin, yet so intriguing. Have seen a couple people playing them but still not gotten one in hand. Would like to roll one sometime for kicks.

Guess he’s not a fan of his LAB Golf putter 🤯 yikes

He just hasn't taken the time to see LAB's videos on YouTube...

The more time I spend with it ... let's say I'm very pleased,

Last edited:
Yesterday was a struggle. I didn’t have a good swing working and the putting wasn’t the best either. I did see early potential with the new putter but had issues with distance control. But today was completely different, played much better (12 strokes better then Saturday). Switched from my normal left had low to a traditional grip and putted much better. I am smitten with the putter and can’t wait to get more time with it.

Back