Lake Tahoe Open III - Nor Cal Outing

I still had my flight info in my Calendar on my Phone.
Got a notice this morning to check in to my "Flight"
Really bummed that I'm not going...
and don't forget about a Plaque case as well.....
1597940325856.png

So sorry that so many can't make it to LTO III, what a screwed up year. I still plan on being there though, for me this latest setback is manageable, it's just a little smoke!

The LTO is going to look a lot different this year. Who would have thought in 2020 when everything has gone so peacefully?

Unfortunately we are going to be without several key participants, including Two-Time Defending Champion @Nate and 2018 Co-Champ @Stemmy66

CA over the last week has received record number of lightning strikes... and with 100+ heat and high winds, there are hundreds of fires that are blowing right now. I have several huge ones only 30-45 minutes away. That smoke has made its presence all over, including Tahoe. It's not worth it for those who are taking their time out to fly across country in hopes that the smoke will be bearable to play. It will not be clear that will be a fact.

Over the past year planning this little outing has been a ton of fun and I am so bummed that 2020 had to happen. The LTO will not die in 2020. Corona, Fires, the plague, ya no chance.

All I know is we are going to play. Not sure how many rounds/holes but we are going to mask it up and hopefully crown a new LTO Champ? Who knows!
Yeah, this sucks! #2020SUCKS

The LTO is going to look a lot different this year. Who would have thought in 2020 when everything has gone so peacefully?

Unfortunately we are going to be without several key participants, including Two-Time Defending Champion @Nate and 2018 Co-Champ @Stemmy66

CA over the last week has received record number of lightning strikes... and with 100+ heat and high winds, there are hundreds of fires that are blowing right now. I have several huge ones only 30-45 minutes away. That smoke has made its presence all over, including Tahoe. It's not worth it for those who are taking their time out to fly across country in hopes that the smoke will be bearable to play. It will not be clear that will be a fact.

Over the past year planning this little outing has been a ton of fun and I am so bummed that 2020 had to happen. The LTO will not die in 2020. Corona, Fires, the plague, ya no chance.

All I know is we are going to play. Not sure how many rounds/holes but we are going to mask it up and hopefully crown a new LTO Champ? Who knows!
Waited till the very last day to see and in the end just too many negatives for me to get past. Hate it. If I was local and had a car it would have been a no brainer. Just too many things up in the air. Now.....on to getting my clubs returned back to me. :mad:

Waited till the very last day to see and in the end just too many negatives for me to get past. Hate it. If I was local and had a car it would have been a no brainer. Just too many things up in the air. Now.....on to getting my clubs returned back to me. :mad:

Where did your clubs go? I am here local and I can collect them and help get them sent back.

The bag is set, and the sky caddie is charging.

image.jpg

Have fun and be safe guys. Wish I could have came

Played Apple Mountain this afternoon (about half way between Sac and Tahoe), air quality wasn't that bad, but not that good either. Some more noticeable smoke rolled in at the turn, but a couple of holes later it was kind of clearing out a bit. If the weekend is no worse than today it will be a bit ugly, but not bad enough to be a problem, hopefully it gets better though.

Looking forward to following this weekend. Hope everyone gets there safe and sound and the weather and fires cooperate. Good luck all!

What course is that?

I need to play Grays Crossing next time I am in Tahoe.

It’s been a great time! Smoke is not too bad. So far some good good been not played.45D4193B-1AF4-4114-A61F-01EEF056148A.jpeg

The squad!1CA7DCFF-53CF-4784-AFC0-32E891620127.jpeg

Great round!!

Good playing boys. Hating not being there. I’ve been pouting around the house all day.

Good playing boys. Hating not being there. I’ve been pouting around the house all day.

it was a great round! Looking forward to tomorrow.

Solid day today!

Attachments

• F836EBF8-6F6A-4A0B-9042-38991B323772.jpeg
    F836EBF8-6F6A-4A0B-9042-38991B323772.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 14
Back