Last club to truly surprise you?

I’m going to have to go with the tour edge 723 pro irons’s, to be honest i didn’t have any real expectations in liking these irons as much as I do. I could possibly just say my whole tour edge bag, the only one that didn‘t stick was the driver and it will get a chance come spring time

The T200 utility 2 iron. Long irons should not be easy to hit. This one is. Feels good, is forgiving, and I can miss hit it to 90% of the distance I want.

My PING BPS have been a big surprise as these irons are the most consistent set of irons I've ever hit plus a ton of forgiveness for such a compact head. I'm loving them. My yardages are so dialed in as I don't know if I'm as surprised or not my my Driver and 3W Ai Smoke were very easy to find the fairway for going out for the 1st time this year golfing. I can see a bit more forgiveness from last year Paradym models. Now for the club that I pretty much know is going to shine for me will be my new LAB DF3 as I've done several putting drills with it against my last years gamer the Evnroll EV2 and and it surprised me as to how easier it was find the bottom of the cup, they were all tested from 10-15 ft but Wow these LAB putters are the real deal. So as you can tell my golf bag is all set and ready for 2024 as every club is pretty safe.

There is so much good equipment out there right now. I have almost a bag full of equipment that both surprised and inspires me. For this thread, I am going to say my blended set of Titleist irons: T200U, T200 and T150 irons. The T150 irons are definitely an improvement over the T100S irons. As @MtlJeff posted, they create ball speed that is surprising, given their profile. The other two irons just fit in and give me the gapping I need up to 195 to 200 yards. I don’t think I have ever played a set of irons that fits my like this one does.

I would have to say the Aerojet Max driver. Such a fantastic club. I expected it to be decent but it far exceeded my expectations and really surprised me how good it is. Continues to make me smile when i hit it.

Bucktown putter. I look at “ newer and more expensive” but keep coming back. I’m just confident with it.
In a supporting role, Triad ball. It tracks so true to where I putt it.

My M6 3-wood. After my old R7 cracked, I tried so many different 3-woods, but none were as good. Until I found the M6; that's one of my favorite clubs now.

I hit a friends 225 7i last week. I'd just hit my FTx on a par 4 and he asked if I hit my 5. I told him no my 7i. He grabbed his and was showing it to me with his Project X LZ shaft and said I could hit it. Man it felt so good. Just a much more solid yet softer feel than the FTx. It also had a much higher launch than what I normally get with mine. I want to try hitting them again haha.

ZipCore XL irons. I know their target player (it's me), the lofts and tech in them but damn, the "ease" of use is eye opening... I will eventually go back (or will I?) into something like the 243 but for now, I'm gonna enjoy these.
Absolutely agree. I was stunned at how smooth the Zipcore XLs felt to me. It was hard to make a poor shot, or at least it seemed that way.

The Paradym driver. Jump in ball speed was unimaginable. With the combo of the LIN-Q Blue proto I couldn't ask for a better setup.

The most recent was the cut down to 7W length 300 Mini Driver. Man, that thing has been money for me. Only hoped for good accuracy with decent distance. What I've enjoyed is better accuracy than I hoped and more distance than I ever could've imagined.

Tied with that extreme surprise and only months before I cut down the Mini, my experience with the Cobra Radspeed One-Length hybrids. Ditto as to the above, I was only hoping for accuracy during a particularly down time in my fairways hit. But the accuracy and distance have very far exceeded any hopes or expectations.

Getting older, I wanted to try something on the lighter side… and the Wilson Launch Pad 2 3w - with a senior Even Flow shaft - has been amazing. I never envisioned myself with a Wilson fairway - but, it has really been good!

Last edited:
Paradym X driver, figured it would be more of the same but it was markedly impactful to my game
Thought I was an idiot for trading my Rogue ST Max for a Paradym X driver...until I got to the course. Have about 30 rounds with her and the love affair gets stronger every time out.

2 yrs. ago I got a Cleveland HB soft #11 cs putter and its been in my bag since -- I call it fang love it.
Picked up an HB Soft 2 CS about 2 weeks ago. Really enjoying it. Hadn't used a center shaft recently...if ever. Blades...Mallets... was in quite a funk with my putting. This past few days has made putting less fear and more fun

I’ve probably made mention that I have struggled with fairway woods. Getting the distance has been tricky. I’ve been able to lift but never the distance.

Found a Mizuno STG 3 wood on marketplace. Figured why not. So I started hitting it at the range. And it was just consistent. So I took it out to the course. And normally I’ll go to my hybrid if I’m more than 220 out. I was about 260 out. So this was the time to do it. And it made it about 15 yards short of the green.

This thing is like a second driver. It’s crazy. I’m going to keep hitting it. But it’s really becoming a weapon.

Apex uw. That thing was amazeballs

Back