Last club to truly surprise you?

Paradym fairway woods. A ton of foreignness in such a wee profile

I’ll add Paradym TD, it might be the best driver I’ve ever hit.
Have ya tried the AI Smoke TD?
Even better I thought.

Have ya tried the AI Smoke TD?
Even better I thought.
Have one. It’s excellent, but the Paradym is the one that surprised me, it was a JUMP for Callaway

the UW is definitely the biggest surprise in my bag!

Cleveland RTX 64* L wedge.
Eye Reveal GIF by Game of Thrones

Wilson 5 hybrid that matches my irons; it’s really solid, mis-hits on the toe or heel lose very little distance and still fly straight

Last edited:
BRNR Mini Driver.
Edison 2.0 wedges.

Smoke driver. The face is way more forgiving than I expected.

King Tec Hybrids. With all the customization, I thought they’d be challenging to hit. Nope

I've been putting pretty well lately, so I'd have to say my putter has surprised the sh*t out of me.

TaylorMade BRNR Mini. I’ve never been a TM guy. I never hit a mini driver before. And, now I have 2 of them in my bag!

Cleveland Hywood 3+ (current one) with Tensei Blue 55R shaft. Every swing goes straight and a decent distance. Ridiculously easy to hit. I went to a fitting to add something else at the top of the bag and nothing could come close.

The most recent X Forged 24° utility…one of the most fun and coolest clubs I’ve ever tried.

The Apex UW (first one) continues to just amaze me with the shots I pull off with it. I also got my Paradym driver for the first time on Monday. First drive of the year (since October) and I hit it farther than I ever have on Hole 1 on my home course. And the course was soft with no role out. I only played 4 holes and didn’t hit anymore like that, but I’m super rusty right now. It has me hoping for good things to come though…

Paradym X, no question. The distance and forgiveness combine for an outstanding driver.

Nomination for original Stealth driver ,
Never have l had solid driving repeatably
Set at 11.5…. So much so , it’s gone now as had / and as posted in another thread galvanic corrosion …. I may have
“ Driver anxiety “ as l wish for the same results from the replacement Qi10.

High commendation for Mizuno wedge
@58 /8 deg bounce … a revalation and rebuilt negative confidence in anything near 60 deg …

Edel SMS 4i. As a 14 handicap at the time, it was a little intimidating. I was going to give it a shot to replace my 4 hybrid but wasn’t really expecting it to be the right fit. It blew me away how easy it was to hit and how good of a club it is. It’s solidly in the bag as the go to club on holes where the tee shot is tough and I need a fairway.

Titleist 906 F4. Putting these back into play, has me convinced that most modern fairway woods just do not spin enough for my game. So much more versatile for me.

My Paradym 6h is boggling my mind. Love how it looks and it's so easy to joy. It actually reminds me a lot of my UW, but easier to launch. Only problem is it goes 50 yds further than I was expecting.

Callaway Apex Pro 21s, given my lack of golf prowess... Not the results always but the feel is sublime.

A

I would say my T-150’s that I got fit into late September last year. At the time my current irons were the Callaway TCB’s but I was seeing 10-15 yards additional (same shaft) and they were so easy to hit compared to the TCB’s. Anyway I purchased them along with T-200 5 iron and re-built with my old shafts over the winter so hopefully they will have their inaugural launch at my home course in a couple of weeks. So far, I have been impressed.

Maverick Max 4h - my first year I couldn't hit my hybrid to save my soul, got some help and now it's one of my favorite clubs.

This statement may change in a year or whatever, but right now I don't see a reason for me to go back to a low iron - I would rather get multiple hybrids in the bag.

Betti Queen B 6. A random find in the used section of the store a few months ago. I wasn‘t looking for a putter, just messing around. One of those random moments - picked it up, hit a few and everything just felt automatic. It has a superstroke grip with a 50g counterweight in it - that might have a lot to do with the feel. Came home with me.

Aerojet LS 5W.

Really just the LS 5W in Cobra’s lineup every year. The head shape is amazing, it plays a little shorter length than a standard 5W and it’s very adjustable. For that slot in the bag it has a lot of pop and is quite versatile as well with the slightly smaller profile head. I would bet anyone who likes a UW would enjoy hitting this profile.

Back