Late Night Musings w/ Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have way too big of a house? I have a guitar room (freaking soundproofed’ish). I have a golf club room. I have an instant decarboxylation room. I’ve got rooms I haven’t been in in three years.

I’ve gotta get out of here while I stand to make 100% on a 3 year investment.

Frick, 6.5 is too stout for me in most profiles. I’ll have to hit a real range though. I can never do good off the tee inside. They have a tee that’s too low and a tee that’s too high. Even if they’re not, it’s in my head that one is too high and one too low.

I did get the swing up to 114 on Trackman 4 the other night, highest I’ve recorded since the accident.

I didn’t take a pic of a single one of them. I wasn’t within 10mm of the center of the club even once. As long as my swing is and as violent as it is, a yellow 6.5 76g is too much for 114. Granted clubs were cold (sorry babies!) but even at 114 I can’t feel the head.
I picked up a set of rubber tees that you'd see at any given driving range. They move up in 1/8" increments and I'm able to find a tee that I'm happy with no matter what range I'm at... Not too expensive either - maybe $15 CDN on Amazon.

You mentioned trying the Yellow. I'd like to do more testing with a CB shaft. I think that's again why I'm so intrigued by the RDX Blue.

What's the swing weight of your woods? I've noticed that adding a few grams weight to my driver has had a significant impact on quality of strike!

Anyone else have way too big of a house? I have a guitar room (freaking soundproofed’ish). I have a golf club room. I have an instant decarboxylation room. I’ve got rooms I haven’t been in in three years.

I’ve gotta get out of here while I stand to make 100% on a 3 year investment.
Definitely not a problem I'm having. We have a decent sized house, but not enormous at 1950 sq. ft. It's a split level, but does well enough for us and three dogs. I'd love to have a room specifically for my sports equipment!

I picked up a set of rubber tees that you'd see at any given driving range. They move up in 1/8" increments and I'm able to find a tee that I'm happy with no matter what range I'm at... Not too expensive either - maybe $15 CDN on Amazon.

You mentioned trying the Yellow. I'd like to do more testing with a CB shaft. I think that's again why I'm so intrigued by the RDX Blue.

What's the swing weight of your woods? I've noticed that adding a few grams weight to my driver has had a significant impact on quality of strike!

Well, I haven’t shipped anything yet and you should get a toy out of this. You want a 6.0 or a 6.5 thrown in? I’d suggest the 6.0 if between on this one. The 6.5 held up when I could hit 133 CHS. If I was under 120 or so it was a rock.

Definitely not a problem I'm having. We have a decent sized house, but not enormous at 1950 sq. ft. It's a split level, but does well enough for us and three dogs. I'd love to have a room specifically for my sports equipment!

Mines not much larger (2500ish) but it’s just me. I’m cool with 100sf. I need a cot, a stove, and a pot.

I’m living bonus above that.

Well, I haven’t shipped anything yet and you should get a toy out of this. You want a 6.0 or a 6.5 thrown in? I’d suggest the 6.0 if between on this one. The 6.5 held up when I could hit 133 CHS. If I was under 120 or so it was a rock.
My PX custom is a 6.5 as is the Riptide tester they sent us... DB said that the extra stiffness was because of my mechanics - something about how a hockey player swings the club oftentimes needs extra tip stiffness. I have aspirations, but I'm nowhere near a 133 CHS right now!

Mines not much larger (2500ish) but it’s just me. I’m cool with 100sf. I need a cot, a stove, and a pot.

I’m living bonus above that.
I can relate to that. I lived in a 6' camper for a year and was completely happy other than lacking space for my hockey gear and golf clubs! Didn't have a SO or dogs at that time though... I do have a canvas tent pitched in the back yard though. Complete with cot and wood stove...

I have a pistol, archery, and wedge range in my basement. One wall to the next is 75’. I can hit wedges if I keep them in the 100- range. Basically knee to knee. The pistol range part is cool. I never thought I could train in my basement in the city. Yup!

Archery is cool too. I haven’t shot a bow since my accident 09/19. I can hit a paper plate with my 195# draw bow 99+% to 75 yards.

I think I’m good. I need to downsize, lol.

I have a pistol, archery, and wedge range in my basement. One wall to the next is 75’. I can hit wedges if I keep them in the 100- range. Basically knee to knee. The pistol range part is cool. I never thought I could train in my basement in the city. Yup!

Archery is cool too. I haven’t shot a bow since my accident 09/19. I can hit a paper plate with my 195# draw bow 99+% to 75 yards.

I think I’m good. I need to downsize, lol.
My nephew is very into archery. He's pretty good too...

Sounds like you've got a fun basement!!

I take that kind of stuff outside. We're sitting well on a 3 acre plot. Just enough to keep busy, while not being out of control with yard maintenance!

I can relate to that. I lived in a 6' camper for a year and was completely happy other than lacking space for my hockey gear and golf clubs! Didn't have a SO or dogs at that time though... I do have a canvas tent pitched in the back yard though. Complete with cot and wood stove...

Ahh I’m familiar with the concept, lol. She noticed a new club first time, right? Haha.

I have at least 3 dozen points on each side of the border that I know I can cross to get as close as I can (appx 5 mile) to my land if I drive up. That aren’t monitored. Y’all might wanna build a wall! Haha. I’m

Ahh I’m familiar with the concept, lol. She noticed a new club first time, right? Haha.

I have at least 3 dozen points on each side of the border that I know I can cross to get as close as I can (appx 5 mile) to my land if I drive up. That aren’t monitored. Y’all might wanna build a wall! Haha. I’m
Haha! Trust me, there are more than 3 dozen. We go berry picking, hiking, skiing up in the mountains and regularly cross in/out of both countries (no Mal-intent) but it still happens!

I have 3 dozen picked out. That’s as many as I can comfortably store on my phone before a Mountie kicks my door down. (or it’ll not go over well, 😂).

And if Reggie makes it that far there really doesn’t have to be a crossing, lol.

Shy of 3ft of water or snow he’s good to go probably can push that to 5ft with snow.

I ain’t the dude getting stuck.

What’s a hot take on tonight?

I think it’s hot garbage with freezing rain falling around me, my new(est) flame 50 miles away-she lives just off of MuirfIeld Village-haven’t had the heart to ask if she has membership yet- total deal breaker so let a guy dream for a week or two, and... help me out. I’m not feeling too old and grouchy yet.

Trying to decide best course of lessons for my kid. He’ll have a say but since I’ll be investing in them (he’s WAY better than I’ll ever be again, D1 type college player) I’ll make the ultimate decision. I think we’re leaning @TrueMotionMatt and his team as my kid can learn that way. But there is a local pro that I’ll back too if he’d prefer to learn that way.

I don’t like the idea of reinventing a very successful swing, but if that’s what it takes to get him playing D1 golf, this is the last year to do it. He has to be ready to play to max Level by 05/01. Whatever that may be.

He’s kind of hit a plateau. He could easily be +5 this time next year IF he wants to be (@TrueMotionMatt I’d never hold you to that, I just want to see him learn a proper swing-poor kid only hits it 285 as is, lol!). Which would give him the season of his senior year to play in a lot of amateur events and then play his season. He’ll be the #2 returning golfer (score wise) in his conference this year.

I’ll be upset for him (not in him) if he’s not the #1. He didn’t touch a club from the end of last season until the start of this one, outside of 2-3 rounds with me. Raw talent. I’ve coached hundreds of kids through the years. There are 3 that will move beyond high level HS /low level college with their talent. One has D1 scholarship offers to EVERY college. Another is a world junior gold medalist in the 200 in his age group. He might not have been the fastest in the world but he was the fastest to compete in his age group in the world. As a football coach, can you say “end around?” Left/right/straight, I’d take my horse. The onlyinteresting thing there was he took 60+ yards to get going. My fat ass could keep up with him for 60, one time I even had him at 100. No sir!

That kid beat me by 40 yards every time. He got faster. It was weird, almost like he spotted everyone a chance to make it competitive.

Last, the kid. He’s hovered between +/-5 for two years. This year his whole swing was fine. He hit it 280 with driver, 180 7i. (mB lofts) But life will be easier if we get him some proper mechanics and gain him xx CHS.

It’s always fun to rip a 4i onto a par 4?

Bring it THP.

Ok, new content and I’m basically a man child at 42 years old. I bought an old ass Trailblazer 4x4 a week after the last blizzard two years ago. Ohioans can thank me for the lack of real snowfall for two years. Today we got enough to be interesting.

So I’ve waited two years to play in the snow with it, nope. Not any more. Only scary thing looking back at this picture (yes the out of control was me taking a left from the road on the right-on purpose) was how close I came to taking out the road sign. I knew my ass end hit the snow bank.

I had a couple times where I was a little more than 90* sideways on other roads, but with the big ass snow tires on it, never felt out of control.

So the snow, yup. KMA! No problems at 8-10” AT ALL. Even the untreated/plowed roads, no worries. I’m thinking 4’ or less and I win. CAE75D80-122E-44A5-B855-B2CEB5CD15F0.jpeg

Not much action. Glad my man @OITW completed his sober journey (??) and is now allowed to drink with us again.

I’m not singling anyone out (not here otherwise) but it’s aggravating trying to date someone that has the baggage I’ve been dealing with.

I got mine out of the way before I went to market, lol. Not that I’m looking for serious I just don’t want BS.

I’ve been told some pretty crazy things in the last couple weeks. Guys if you’ve got a keeper, keep her. Mine wasn’t but I’m inheriting a wounded soul most likely that I had nothing to do with creating. Yet if I want anything out of it I need to find a way to make it work.

I want to but I’m not going to be a doormat ever again. Told her tonight I want to enhance her life and to have her enhance mine.

I like her or I’d have ran already.

Ok, new content and I’m basically a man child at 42 years old. I bought an old ass Trailblazer 4x4 a week after the last blizzard two years ago. Ohioans can thank me for the lack of real snowfall for two years. Today we got enough to be interesting.

So I’ve waited two years to play in the snow with it, nope. Not any more. Only scary thing looking back at this picture (yes the out of control was me taking a left from the road on the right-on purpose) was how close I came to taking out the road sign. I knew my ass end hit the snow bank.

I had a couple times where I was a little more than 90* sideways on other roads, but with the big ass snow tires on it, never felt out of control.

So the snow, yup. KMA! No problems at 8-10” AT ALL. Even the untreated/plowed roads, no worries. I’m thinking 4’ or less and I win.
I had a Trailblazer for 8 years until the engine went in it. I loved that truck. It was AWESOME in the snow. First vehicle I bought from a dealer actually!

Weird 48 hours.

Have/had a flame. Dunno on that. Done figuring it out. She can figure it out or miss out. In her court.

Spotted something that I don’t want to share with the poster in RE: to a club, probably won’t, No I won’t.

Worked a lot. Took a nap. Had 17 other old interests express interest. Naaaa........

Typical night. I’m going to just enjoy it. There’ll be better and worse the rest of my days.

Winning the calorie battle today. 4200 burned (even with long nap) and about 1600 in. Another +/- pound once the water weight equates.

Next hot take, man purses. How do you feel?

Lol!

Man Purse - used one in Paris, FR in the late 80's. When walking that much or riding the Metro all day long, pretty handy not to have everything sticking out of your pockets.

Man Purse - used one in Paris, FR in the late 80's. When walking that much or riding the Metro all day long, pretty handy not to have everything sticking out of your pockets.

You’ve been on here long enough that I’ll respect your opinion, lol.

You are wrong, so RONG (forgot how to spell it, so rong).

But this is the argue in a fun way place.

So tell me about your purse. Crocodile or armadillo?

And congrats on 8K posts!

Uhhh. Thanks. Probably lights up other glaring issues, lol.

I had a friend. Welll I’ve had a lot but this one I liked, and I’m a bit upset about it.

Lol. I’d never admit if I was.

Back to regular commentary.

Uhhh. Thanks. Probably lights up other glaring issues, lol.

I had a friend. Welll I’ve had a lot but this one I liked, and I’m a bit upset about it.

Lol. I’d never admit if I was.

Back to regular commentary.
Sounds like things are still in the works though with the friend based on your previous comment... Here's to hoping things get figured out!

Sack me sideways, I did hit 8k.

I remember a caveman forum, my first ever forum, one guy in there hit 10k posts.

I remember thinking “what does it take to get to 10k posts?”

I’m not even that prominent here and am over 8k?

I should probably get the 6x multiplier as most of mine are worth 3 posts.

Sack me sideways, I did hit 8k.

I remember a caveman forum, my first ever forum, one guy in there hit 10k posts.

I remember thinking “what does it take to get to 10k posts?”

I’m not even that prominent here and am over 8k?

I should probably get the 6x multiplier as most of mine are worth 3 posts.
I remember thinking the same thing on a motorcycle forum I used to frequent... Just goes to show the community and type of engagement here.

And I'd support your multiplier! Rarely are your posts under 100 words, and they often contain photos to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back