Let's Talk Bourbon...

collegefbfan

Reaction score
Visited a long time friend last weekend. He became a bourbon collector during Covid. Then, later it became more of the hunt than drinking the bourbon. I had some good ones. Just curious, if you were going to buy a bottle of bourbon to drink straight, ice or no ice, but no mixing, for $35 or less, what would be your go to?

His collection:
IMG_1412.jpgIMG_1413.jpg

That weller looks good to me. Think it's >35 though

Personally, I would find $10 more and buy a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel. Still generally easy to find and it’s a great value. You can also find Rowan’s Creek for near $35 in some parts of the country but not many.

If I was stuck at $35 on a national level, I would go with Woodford Reserve.

Last edited:
Woodford is my go to on the regular. I remember awhile back Bookers and Russells wasn't crazy expensive. Not so now. I like to find good/great bourbons that don't break the bank. Especially ones I am not familiar with.

That weller looks good to me. Think it's >35 though
Yeah, I never had Weller until last weekend. Pretty awesome stuff there.

Personally, I would find $10 more and buy a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel. Still generally easy to find and it’s a great value. You can also find Rowan’s Creek for near $35 in come parts of the country but not many.

If I was stuck at $35 on a national level, I would go with Woodford Reserve.
Sound advice

I would go with the very underrated Evan Williams.

Hmmm, $35 or less I would go with the Makers.

I can’t think of one I’d go to at that price or less.

My go to inexpensive bourbons are either Henry McKenna or Barton 1792.

4 Roses Small Batch

Under $35 go to would be Buffalo Trace.

All the answers are here already, my choices in no order:
Elijah Craig
Weller if you can find it
4 roses small batch
Buffalo trace
Maker's Mark

All of these are relatively smooth sipping sweeter (to me) bourbons.

For <$35, Wild Turkey 101. You can spend a lot of money for bourbon that's only a little bit better than WT101.

For $35
Four Roses Small Batch

For $25
Makers Mark
Buffalo Trace

For $35
Four Roses Small Batch

For $25
Makers Mark
Buffalo Trace
You're finding Buffalo Trace for $25? Is your bourbon market stuck in 2016? Can I come visit?

Knob Creek store picks are around $35 here. They’re hard to beat for the price and availability.

Elijah Craig Small Batch

You're finding Buffalo Trace for $25? Is your bourbon market stuck in 2016? Can I come visit?
Louisiana loves booze. We have good prices. Bought Buffalo Trace for $25 and Sazerac for $21 2 weeks ago.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 100827.png

Back