LIV vs PGAT.....There can be only ONE.

Who has the best players? It’s pretty damn close at the top imo. PGA is deeper for now.
Who has the best format? PGA for now. I think LIV is likely to make some changes and challenge here.
Who has the best TV coverage? PGA only wins because of the majors. If LIV gets a tv deal and it becomes easier to watch, they probably win this category.

Why is LIV the absolute worst? They’re not in my book.
Why is the PGAT hypocrites? Jay Monahan

My stance on this is I really dont care who is with or goes to LIV, I will not watch it as it currently is. If others like it, fine.

scared cat GIF

I am actually feeling really good in the "who cares" camp right now.

I'd rather watch something else and talk on THP.

My buddy and I just had this conversation literally. Outside of the majors and big tournaments, not sure how much attention we would pay to either

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

I like golf, I will watch it if it's compelling in some sort of way. End of story!

Wow, we’re not even playing around here, it’s gloves off.

But I’ll bite, I’m cool with either but I like the superstars on LIV and I find the format refreshing vs the antiquated PGAT commercial beat down with way too much putting coverage. 1980, 2023, it’s the same boring product. I like the team angle of LIV too. I feel the “PGAT are hypocrites“ horse has been beaten into a paste at this point so no need to go there.

I just hope they don't merge... but do hope they have a few PGA vs LIV tournaments. (allowing one hockey type fight per round)

I just hope they don't merge... but do hope they have a few PGA vs LIV tournaments. (allowing one hockey type fight per round)
I just don’t see how they would compete vs each other in Tournaments?

Crossover events, maybe? I have no clue what the solution is.

I've tried to stay out of coversations around this for the most part. It's a very polarizing subject with intensity on both sides. I have my thoughts but really I just like watching good golf. I like the changes that have come with all of this on both sides. I personally think they could coexist with better leadership on both sides.

The world has about a dozen professional golf tours so I see no reason why LIV and the PGA Tour can't each do their own thing.

I think there can be both as long as there is sponsors and money to fund it. They have plenty of world class golfers to play the tournaments. There are major winners and multiple PGA tour winners dogging it on the Korn Ferry and trying to find a tour to play on. Pro golf is very deep right now.

PGA Tour has much better depth and is probably stronger at the top but it’s closer. No doubt LIV has some great players now.

I prefer the PGA format.

PGA is a much better broadcast. I’ve only watched a little LIV but my bias aside I really didn’t enjoy the broadcast (or format) at all. The tour coverage could no doubt be improved but I have always enjoyed it and think they do a pretty good job on the whole.

I miss watching some of the top players who have gone to Liv but otherwise not much there for me. I’ll give Liv the nod on dress code, just let the guys wear shorts.

I just want the best golfers in the world to be playing against the best golfers in the world again, and make it mean something.

That's one opinion.

I enjoy watching golf on TV. You don't need marquis players, or only one tour, to see compelling golf. The LIV promotions tournament last weekend showcased some very exciting golf. Not only did it come down to the wire, it exceeded it.

Last edited:
My stance on this is I really dont care who is with or goes to LIV, I will not watch it as it currently is. If others like it, fine.
This is how I feel.

I’ll see Rahm and Koepka at the majors, otherwise, I pretty much forgot about anyone who jumped to the LIV.

I may watch more LPGA and Senior events. PGA Tour is now very diluted. Losing interest so may just watch majors. Totally agree on the commercials. LPGA events are horrible wrt commercials. I like to watch tournaments that mean something. LIV tournaments are meaningless and are really just exhibitions

Golf is not one-size-fits-all and there’s no sense in trying to make it that way.

Both have broacasting and announcer problems. The split of talent between the two makes me not want to watch either. I'll definitely watch the majors, but the rest will mostly just be on in the background when nothing else is on, not sure i'm tuning in to watch anything other than the majors. I'd definitely tune in to see a LIV vs PGA tour ryder cup style event.

I just don’t see how they would compete vs each other in Tournaments?

Crossover events, maybe? I have no clue what the solution is.

If i was grand chancellor of the parent company by far the easiest decision would be a year end Ryder Cup style event of LIV vs PGA....with several things at stake

1) More exemptions into majors for the winner (provided you can work with majors on this)
2) Ability to offer more generous terms/contracts to the top available amateurs the upcoming year (Think like Ludvig Aberg, winner can offer him guarantees to join their tour, loser can not)...
3) Perhaps, more favorable schedules for your events in relation to when majors are (assuming the parent company wouldn't want them competing same weekend too much)

Let's get it on!

I prefer the PGAT.

LIV is a joke of a “professional” league that basically discourages some of the best athletes in the world to work hard. Not a formula for a good product

Is there even a golf tour worth watching anymore?

Back