Video Chat with Elliot Mellow from Bridgestone Golf

Love listening to the explanation of the Impact Modifiers that affect the compression of the golf ball, and the Reactiv core and how it reacts.

Gosh i'm getting hungry... Big meat, funny he said that, because that's what I always tell my wife when I'm cooking on the grill haha. What are you cooking, she asks. Big Meat!

That was fun as always!!!

Thanks @JB. Nice interview.

that was fun, and he got my hopes up about the J40's

Thanks Elliot, fun watch.

Guess I need to look at a Green Mountain Grill!

As always, another fun podcast. I love hearing about the ribs and BBQ. Damn, I need to get down south and try some BBQ choices.

The sandwich I was planning for lunch now seems woefully inadequate.

Fun podcast and Elliot is great! We have to know how many balls got cut at PGA show...

When does BBQ get delivered.... hmmmm

That was good, thanks.

interviews are always great on here!

I like soft balls and I often play the B330-RX. I have three questions:
- BS is the only manufacturer who has balls that cater for specific swing speeds (w the driver). What is the reasoning behind this design?
- I read (on MygolfSpy) that higher compression balls travel farther regardless of swing speed, and that they also spin more on approach shots. Is the current fashion with softer balls just about the ball feeling good to hit (thus accepting shorter and less spinny flight)?
- Do driver spin correlate with ball compression numbers?

All of this was addressed in the video and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that the 2nd one is absolutely false.
I am hopeful that honesty and facts eventually trump narrative and glad that we are able to make sure that correct info is out there regarding golf balls and how performance is impacted by compression.

Thanks Elliot, fun watch.

Guess I need to look at a Green Mountain Grill!
I was looking at their website while listening haha

Me too! I need a good grill...... so I'm happy to have recommendations!!!!
Same here. Especially from a professional!

This was really good.
Went through vfit and received my results yesterday. Was an easy and effective process, and alternative to more extensive or costly testing.
Bridgestone is really doing good things this year, considering the issues. Excited to hear more from them in the future.

Loving it. Nice job. Always love hearing gear and food talk

this has been fun to learn the faces behind quality work. This ne platform has made this so much easier for US, to learn from OEM experts...Thank you @JB for putting so many of these together in this time we are going through. I know those i have been able to catch, have been awesome. the couple i have mossed due my work being more during this time, i have been able to go back to and watch later...thank you

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Couldn't watch it live ( damn work ) so I will have to watch this later.

Back