CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

A light blue Peter Millar hoodie. Just wasn’t in the budget
Being financially responsible is not something that is encouraged round these parts

Before I get to go back and start reading through the last 6 thousand plus posts I want to just put out some initial thoughts on my experience. I'm sure there will be more replies and responses as I read through them.

@Bag Boy - they were absolutely amazing, they brought marketing and sales teams and a transparent response to every question. We peppered them with questions for 2 days and 2 nights and they were always more than willing to share anything. There's a new model / version of the Quad coming out later this year with some upgrades, getting into some growing segments with some new and exciting products and accessories. The history we heard was unbelievable, I am so excited to go back through the thread and see what great pictures they took. When I was asked to get a picture of my custom shoes and their custom bag with all of the matching swag I was absolutely elated. I may have texted my wife and made a joke about becoming a leg model - we'll see how well I performed my role. The swag was unreal, from getting the ZTF ahead of time to getting iced after dinner and everything in between. Every time I turned around at the event they were doing something else special, handing out cigars with lighters, to a very timely umbrella, custom scorecards or taking memories with photo's and video.

1715178593273.png1715179181708.png
THP with @JB and @GolferGal - this experience was amazing, the menu that was selected was out of this world. They put something in those pancakes that makes them some of the best I've ever had. Both nights the dinners were in a class of their own, it's not just the star of the show either; the sides are so well planned and picked out. I didn't get a chance to talk to JB much during the event, with so much going on we said the nice to see you again's and chatted for a minute. With that being said, the whole experience was amazing, you cannot pinpoint anything that was missing - when we were rained out, there were alternate things to do, we were kept on a great schedule, but there was always enough time to get together with break out groups and get to know each other better. We were asked to pick up the pace once, and by the end of the round we were starting the hole right as the group behind us left and second day we were a few minutes ahead of pace. I took 539 pictures at this event, I could share them all and they are all because of you two.

1715178662123.png
1715178732780.png

Onto the teams for me.

1715178963901.png

Dynamic Duo with Craig and Perry from @Bag Boy . I didn't get to play any holes of golf with them, but I know I asked a large number of questions to them, both from the forum and from myself. I had the privledge of sitting next to Perry during the meat sweats dinner, he asked if I was the forum spokesperson because I kept saying "Perry, another question from the forum..." hah They were wonderful during the night putting, they won their own contest two days in a row. Those two are putting sticks! Craig's company and industry knowledge that he was sharing was unbelievable and Perry's ability to answer any question we asked him about products was equally incredible. I'm sure there are a lot of posts with answers to questions asked in here (again, I'll be going back through - this is just my initial thoughts before I get into the thread) because they were very open and honest about everything.

1715179067455.png1715179081390.png

First in in (in) Fun: We only got to play a couple holes with them because our alt shot was rained out. The first thing that you notice with them is that they are absolutely a riot on the course. Right off the bat, we went into the back 9 and @JB put a shot up and high and @ddec needed the range finder, so JB tossed it to him from 20 feet away, Ddec catches it and yells "athlete", moments later he takes a (very short) hop that probably got him 3 inches vertically off the ground and JB yells back at him "Yeah, real athletic Dean". It only got better from there, anyone that's played with these two can attest to that fact the ribbing and the one liners are pro level.

1715179318914.png1715179509702.png
1715179613674.png1715179650209.png

Anime Gods: These guys, what can you say about them other than they are both amazing and unbelievable people. I didn't get a chance to play with them until Bonus Golf happened and even then it was only a few holes but we spent good time together with night putting and those few holes. @xThor sat next to me for the first dinner, and we talked about everything ranging from life to golf. Such an open and genuine person and talking about what he went through the last couple of years to build back up to the game where it is now. He's known as an infectious force on the forum for his ever lasting smile and big heart and that was showcased the whole event. The man can swing a club (and take a divot). @Muchmore was everything he was touted to be, and (forgive the pun) much more. From the hair to the golf game he was our de facto clubhouse leader setting up a lot of our putting games and making sure we were where we needed to be, always making sure everyone was included.

1715179936126.png
1715180032803.png1715180058588.png
1715180230199.png

Matcha Latte: We were paired with them for our first 18, couldn't ask for two better guys to open up the course with us. We were last off on the first day and we were all learning the course together, so while we were working our way through the course we simply had a blast. @t-dray was able to knock out something like half of the putting competition wins, in addition to being a great guy he can absolutely putt when the pressure is on. @wazzubrew is the other half of that team, he's one of the most hilarious people I've met when talking about one liners for others golf game. He had us just rolling with laughter time and time again on the putting surface.

1715180409227.png
1715180653930.png1715180705150.png

Packing Chowdah: The man I got stuck in the parking garage with @Mikey D - it was not on anyone's bingo card to be stuck for 30 minutes in a 3 story parking garage in Roanoke. That was just one of the craziest pre-check in experiences we had. He was on almost all of the Happy Hours I was on, getting to know him was awesome such a solid guy, really smart and deliberate with the golf game, taking advantage of what was available when it was out there especially that first day. @lambeau now - we've golfed together 3 or 4 times so it's just like talking to another long time friend and golf buddy, we already have plans to have another round later this year, I can't get enough of him. The questions that were asked to the Bag Boy team were great and really thought out as well, he really took the time to get in and know the gear they sell to be able to ask specific questions. The matching embroidery on the shirts was also awesome, one of the last things we talked about going into that final round.

1715180829496.png1715180843320.png

I can only attach 20 files at a time, we'll finish off the groups down below.

I didn’t what? Miss anything ? I don’t think so but I want to read back through. As a participant it’s hard to keep up with the thread as it’s moving a million miles an hour. Lol
It’s truly an impossible task to try and keep up and post

Aqua Men: We played a total of two rounds with them, a pre-event round and the final send off round. If you're reading this and you didn't follow along with the thread, I'm hoping that there are random pictures of their tee's throughout all of the posts. They were everywhere, to say they left a mark at Ballyhack is an understatement. They had tee's in place that tee's didn't belong, can't question it - it just is what it is. Two guys with a shoe game almost as strong at Touring Purple these two were present all the time. From asking questions to being part of every activity that happened; so much fun to be around. I got to experience their golf first hand and it was impressive. @ttucliffhanger is a beast with the driver going for green's was never out of the question for him. @Nashtyone brought a lot of great perspective and industry conversation during our talks with Bag Boy, being able to listen to the back and forth was very enlightening.

1715181900164.png
1715181940912.png1715182030110.png
1715182079224.png1715182160150.png

Smoked Charcuterie: Cabin 14 mates, the driver of the Man Van and guys that can play some golf. @LSMO is a guy who can just straight up play some golf. During the rain out, outside of the front of the cabin just telling stories and enjoying the environment. He's played with or around so many good people, so many great golf stories were shared during that rain storm. One heck of a nice guy with one heck of a swing. He was putting in some work and trying to shock the world with what might have been the upset of a lifetime. Absolutely had THP worried about their coins for a bit there. @kiwichris is also a hoot, another person you wanted to hang out with during or after a round, the night putting with him was hilarious. I've also never seen one person burn so many edges while putting, it's his superpower; but when that gets straightened out it's going to be a dangerous game to contend with.

1715182580540.png1715182594242.png
1715182720055.png

Touring Purple: Everyone says it, and it's true for everyone but @Bus was the best cartner one could ask for. We joked a lot on the second day that he only had two jobs, to drive and to drive. We played his ball probably 90% of our tee shots and he was solid the entire time, I couldn't have asked to be put in a better position time after time while trying to get through the hardest course either of us have ever played. He was always talking about ways we can make this experience the follow of a lifetime. We're talking the custom shoes, surprise swag, THP Bingo Bus brought it all. Anytime I needed a hand up, whether it was busy at work before the event or a rough hole he was always there with a helping hand.

1715183015934.png1715183048362.png
1715183086040.png1715183149808.png1715183192189.png
1715183232849.png

Attachments

• 1715182134437.png
    1715182134437.png
    139 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Before I get to go back and start reading through the last 6 thousand plus posts I want to just put out some initial thoughts on my experience. I'm sure there will be more replies and responses as I read through them.

@Bag Boy - they were absolutely amazing, they brought marketing and sales teams and a transparent response to every question. We peppered them with questions for 2 days and 2 nights and they were always more than willing to share anything. There's a new model / version of the Quad coming out later this year with some upgrades, getting into some growing segments with some new and exciting products and accessories. The history we heard was unbelievable, I am so excited to go back through the thread and see what great pictures they took. When I was asked to get a picture of my custom shoes and their custom bag with all of the matching swag I was absolutely elated. I may have texted my wife and made a joke about becoming a leg model - we'll see how well I performed my role. The swag was unreal, from getting the ZTF ahead of time to getting iced after dinner and everything in between. Every time I turned around at the event they were doing something else special, handing out cigars with lighters, to a very timely umbrella, custom scorecards or taking memories with photo's and video.

View attachment 9265262View attachment 9265274
THP with @JB and @GolferGal - this experience was amazing, the menu that was selected was out of this world. They put something in those pancakes that makes them some of the best I've ever had. Both nights the dinners were in a class of their own, it's not just the star of the show either; the sides are so well planned and picked out. I didn't get a chance to talk to JB much during the event, with so much going on we said the nice to see you again's and chatted for a minute. With that being said, the whole experience was amazing, you cannot pinpoint anything that was missing - when we were rained out, there were alternate things to do, we were kept on a great schedule, but there was always enough time to get together with break out groups and get to know each other better. We were asked to pick up the pace once, and by the end of the round we were starting the hole right as the group behind us left and second day we were a few minutes ahead of pace. I took 539 pictures at this event, I could share them all and they are all because of you two.

View attachment 9265264
View attachment 9265267

Onto the teams for me.

View attachment 9265271

Dynamic Duo with Craig and Perry from @Bag Boy . I didn't get to play any holes of golf with them, but I know I asked a large number of questions to them, both from the forum and from myself. I had the privledge of sitting next to Perry during the meat sweats dinner, he asked if I was the forum spokesperson because I kept saying "Perry, another question from the forum..." hah They were wonderful during the night putting, they won their own contest two days in a row. Those two are putting sticks! Craig's company and industry knowledge that he was sharing was unbelievable and Perry's ability to answer any question we asked him about products was equally incredible. I'm sure there are a lot of posts with answers to questions asked in here (again, I'll be going back through - this is just my initial thoughts before I get into the thread) because they were very open and honest about everything.

View attachment 9265272View attachment 9265273

First in in (in) Fun: We only got to play a couple holes with them because our alt shot was rained out. The first thing that you notice with them is that they are absolutely a riot on the course. Right off the bat, we went into the back 9 and @JB put a shot up and high and @ddec needed the range finder, so JB tossed it to him from 20 feet away, Ddec catches it and yells "athlete", moments later he takes a (very short) hop that probably got him 3 inches vertically off the ground and JB yells back at him "Yeah, real athletic Dean". It only got better from there, anyone that's played with these two can attest to that fact the ribbing and the one liners are pro level.

View attachment 9265277View attachment 9265279
View attachment 9265280View attachment 9265281

Anime Gods: These guys, what can you say about them other than they are both amazing and unbelievable people. I didn't get a chance to play with them until Bonus Golf happened and even then it was only a few holes but we spent good time together with night putting and those few holes. @xThor sat next to me for the first dinner, and we talked about everything ranging from life to golf. Such an open and genuine person and talking about what he went through the last couple of years to build back up to the game where it is now. He's known as an infectious force on the forum for his ever lasting smile and big heart and that was showcased the whole event. The man can swing a club (and take a divot). @Muchmore was everything he was touted to be, and (forgive the pun) much more. From the hair to the golf game he was our de facto clubhouse leader setting up a lot of our putting games and making sure we were where we needed to be, always making sure everyone was included.

View attachment 9265285
View attachment 9265287View attachment 9265288
View attachment 9265290

Matcha Latte: We were paired with them for our first 18, couldn't ask for two better guys to open up the course with us. We were last off on the first day and we were all learning the course together, so while we were working our way through the course we simply had a blast. @t-dray was able to knock out something like half of the putting competition wins, in addition to being a great guy he can absolutely putt when the pressure is on. @wazzubrew is the other half of that team, he's one of the most hilarious people I've met when talking about one liners for others golf game. He had us just rolling with laughter time and time again on the putting surface.

View attachment 9265294
View attachment 9265296View attachment 9265298

Packing Chowdah: The man I got stuck in the parking garage with @Mikey D - it was not on anyone's bingo card to be stuck for 30 minutes in a 3 story parking garage in Roanoke. That was just one of the craziest pre-check in experiences we had. He was on almost all of the Happy Hours I was on, getting to know him was awesome such a solid guy, really smart and deliberate with the golf game, taking advantage of what was available when it was out there especially that first day. @lambeau now - we've golfed together 3 or 4 times so it's just like talking to another long time friend and golf buddy, we already have plans to have another round later this year, I can't get enough of him. The questions that were asked to the Bag Boy team were great and really thought out as well, he really took the time to get in and know the gear they sell to be able to ask specific questions. The matching embroidery on the shirts was also awesome, one of the last things we talked about going into that final round.

View attachment 9265300View attachment 9265301

A picture is worth a thousand words, so needless to say you said a lot during this event! Well done!

It was said in person, it'll be said on the forum by every member that was able to attend but such an experience doesn't come easily and it doesn't come without so many people. For everyone who had a hand in it, from the bottom of my heart thank you for that opportunity to attend. I'm not going to tag anyone in fear of forgetting someone, but if you were there for me at any point over the last 5 months I'm talking directly to you! From the moment of random selection while I was at Wisconsin Dells for my wife's birthday and the only reason I knew was the text from @Thrillbilly Jim because I didn't have my phone on me so I don't get THP tags but I got the message from him and I had to stop what I was doing to see what exactly happened. No one deserves these, no one understands them until you've been there but they are golf-life altering experiences that create life long friendships. To everyone who followed along and posted during the event. I had to turn off all notifications because they were flying through, but I promise that as much as I was trying to keep up and I'm sure that I missed something I'll be going back to read everything. I'm an advocate for all of it, it's not possible without the forum but the forum isn't possible without all of you.

Now for you Ballyhack, you fickle mistress of a golf course.

You know you're here when you're here.
1715183831822.png

No better place to wake up.
1715183961810.png

You cannot be upset with this as your view after breakfast.
1715183748935.png

We were told this is just over an acre in size. 18th green.
1715183867817.png

They used to just be out there, roaming around - back in the day, according to our caddie, there was a warning to not hit the goats.

1715183926866.png

Your bunkers are serious business.
1715184012503.png

A little perspective on the forced carry to the green from 4.
1715184082675.png

The fairways are immaculate.
1715184112089.png

Leaving with memories for a lifetime.
1715184188985.png

Last edited:
Finally home. Checked on the progress on the house and oh man a lot happened while I was out. So happy with how it’s going to look. Now to wait for the rain to die down to unload the truck.

Finally all caught up and wanted to thank @Bag Boy for such a great time and amazing products. They are a super fun group with great products every one needs to try out. @kiwichris and myself tried to bring it home but first in fun had a good day! Everything was awesome, night putting, dinners, fire pit talks, cigars on the front porch! Couldn’t have asked for a better group to do this with! Ballyhack definitely won this round but overall happy with our performance!

What can I say? Did you expect anything else?

I was looking at the scorecard last night on my flight. I want to say my gross score yesterday was 85-86, my memory was foggy on one or two. I had a lot of bogey net par going on. But a lot of that was because we were able to have a ball in the fairway on practically every hole. I think 8 was the only FW that we both missed. If I had to play my own ball tee to green t would have been noticeably higher. Took me a bit to get the tee game going...hell I topped it off one. Went in the hazard right on 4, and blew one way right off of 5 as well. If we had to play my drive on 8...it was going to be on in the heavy rough on the back hill off the 9th tee. All of those would have added significantly more strokes to the scorecard and put me in places where scrambling would have been pretty difficult. Thankfully driver got figured out finding fairways the rest of the way in and I don't think I missed a fairway from 9-18. To the point on some where JB could save a swing here and there.
Would you have taken 3w off the tee for positioning thinking back ?

on which hole?
Just in general on some of the holes where driver got you in trouble or had a tighter landing area.

Still trying to collect my thoughts and will post once I can get to a computer. Too much to type from a phone. Just saying this. I am beyond blessed to have been around the people I was around and the place I was at for the last few days. Words can’t really describe how much it warms my heart.

Did anyone get a total count on lost Balls? Sorry to rub Salt in a wound. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
  • On Fire
Reactions: Bus

View attachment 9265262View attachment 9265274

View attachment 9265264
View attachment 9265267

Onto the teams for me.

View attachment 9265271

View attachment 9265272View attachment 9265273

View attachment 9265277View attachment 9265279
View attachment 9265280View attachment 9265281

View attachment 9265285
View attachment 9265287View attachment 9265288
View attachment 9265290

View attachment 9265294
View attachment 9265296View attachment 9265298

View attachment 9265300View attachment 9265301

Fantastic writing @Daluteh . And done in one day. I'd be like "Ummm Thanks". I'm a man of many words.

Back