CONTEST Live Update Thread: Shaft Up #3 with UST Mamiya

The rattle was my biggest concern as well. Shaft looks good and it doesn’t have any cracks. I think the adapter just needs pulled, shaft cleanses, and replaced

Quick update already. Local guy that does some club work said he could fix it. I’ll take it to him Thursday and see what happens. He said “sometimes the adapters separate from the ferrule and that’s the rattle noise.” Learning as I go. Heart broken with hope.

The rattle was my biggest concern as well. Shaft looks good and it doesn’t have any cracks. I think the adapter just needs pulled, shaft cleanses, and replaced
Rattles happen all of the time. Easy fix and normally just a piece of epoxy

Quick update: took it to the local shop. Guy peddles but said he would take a look. He thinks epoxy on the ferrule loosened and we pushed it back up. We agreed to take it apart and redo it if it continues. The rattle was from the screw coming loose in the adapter. We tightened it up (I hadn’t adjusted it) and the rattle disappeared. I’ll keep an eye on it.

he went on to ask about the shaft and “how in the hell does someone end up in a shaft like that?” I explained the forum and events. Didn’t seem to believe me. I told him I was fit by a wizard in a bucket hat.

Rattles happen all of the time. Easy fix and normally just a piece of epoxy
After my recent run of bad luck I was afraid to take any chances. Seems fixed for now.

Quick update and question:

I had the sleeve and ferrule reset. The driver was excellent with no issues on a cold day with really hard range balls. The sleeve didn't move and all was well.

The ferrule slide down just a little. Is this worth having it all removed and redone, keep pushing it up, or put a small amount of super glue on it and push it up till it dries?

Quick update and question:

I had the sleeve and ferrule reset. The driver was excellent with no issues on a cold day with really hard range balls. The sleeve didn't move and all was well.

The ferrule slide down just a little. Is this worth having it all removed and redone, keep pushing it up, or put a small amount of super glue on it and push it up till it dries?
I would do the latter. Ferrules slide from time to time

I would do the latter. Ferrules slide from time to time
Thanks... I've had a few shafts break over the years and I'm kinda fond of this one. It brings me great pleasure to watch a couple of the 65 year old guys try to prove they are still 30

Quick update. Sim session Saturday. Launch is hanging around 10-12 degrees and back spin holding well at 2600 range. Only issue is I’m playing a slight push. Each drive within 25yds of center target line. I like the 8 degree setting. Play it or experiment with the draw setting to see if I can move it back more towards center?

Quick update. Sim session Saturday. Launch is hanging around 10-12 degrees and back spin holding well at 2600 range. Only issue is I’m playing a slight push. Each drive within 25yds of center target line. I like the 8 degree setting. Play it or experiment with the draw setting to see if I can move it back more towards center?
If it’s me I’d play it outside. I struggle swinging my normal driver swing indoors so a little right on the sim is usually good outside. Maybe a little outdoor range session first before tinkering. If I’m playing indoors I’m definitely using the D setting. For me it’s all about doing the least amount of damage to my swing when indoors.

You may want to update the shaft thread or driver thread

Back