Live Update Thread: THP Shaft Up Grand Finale

Great catching up. UST knocked this out of the park and cool to dive into the next thread announcing that Shaft Up will return in 2018. The flat bill hats are awesome, the COOL shaft design looks sleek.

Glad everyone had a great time.

30144d569da1434594a72e44c6a4c244.jpg

Channeling my inner JB on the course this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30144d569da1434594a72e44c6a4c244.jpg

Channeling my inner JB on the course this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. You have to complain about slow play and have two drivers in the bag too

Did they do 1st tee feeds? If so do you have a link, I am not sure I ever saw them.
We should have... I finally smoked a drive at a THP event... we needed documentation or PhillyV, Jrod, and Matt Wood will never believe it.

I had a Monster pre round this morning, the course was empty so I couldn't complain about slow play, but I did have 2 drivers in the bag. So 2 out of 3 ain't bad. ;-)

I can't believe a week has passed already, what a great weekend it was though!

Man! What a year it's been with THP and UST Mamiya, I can't even fathom how I've been as fortunate as I have been in 2017, but I feel absolutely blessed. It all started out with an Albatross Club membership and an email for entry into #ShaftUp 1 and it's taken me from never being fit to having the best in the biz fit me for my whole bag now.

During my trip to UST HQ we were fit for irons and wedges, which I absolutely love and feel like I could keep them in my bag forever. When I got back home after the trip UST was kind enough to send me an Attas 6Star to try out and review also. Then I sent a FW and hybrid down to Danny for some more UST goodness. Then the C300 with the Attas Coool at the Grand Finale, I mean, craziness. I'm set up with a full bag of weapons heading into 2018 and I'm excited beyond words to see where I can take my game with some work in my end, the tools are there and waiting.

Now on to the actual recap of the Grand Finale, I'll spare you all every little detail, most of it is in the thread. This trip was ALL about the FUN. It was just a bunch of friends, hanging out, having drinks, talking about what we're all passionate about, and I loved every second of it. I'll be friends with everyone that was there for a very long time.

So just a couple stories that maybe weren't in the thread. The first, Mike or e1iterate touched on it in his video, but CHIGGER BOY!!! I just couldn't help but laugh at times, I saw a couple flying around me, but I don't know if I ever got bit. Mike on the other hand was pummeled by them, holy chit was he ever. I felt terrible about it after a while because he literally had what looked to be a boil on his knee. It was actually effecting him physically where he was having trouble putting pressure on his leg at times. When he mentioned having to back off the tee box twice because of the bugs, it was just too much for JB and I to hold back any longer, we were dying laughing at that point.

The second was when we first arrived at Callaway Gardens, Danny dropped us off at our cabin, and he headed over to he and JB's to shoot a little content. We settled in and shortly after we get a message from Danny to head on over. When we get there and walk in they're still putting the content together, but we see four C300 drivers lined up against the wall and they were pretty! As we're checking them out though, we're listening to what JB and Danny are putting together. It was the announcement video of #ShaftUp returning for 2018!!! We were pumped for everyone to have the opportunity to take part in 2018, but at the same time proud I think that we played a small part in that. The funny part though is everyone that's familiar with Danny's tech talk videos knows there's always outtakes at the beginning, it was awesome seeing those happen IRL. It was hard not to try to make him laugh just so we could see more, but he was doing a pretty good job of that by himself. LOL!

The golf was the golf, we were all pretty much out of season in our areas, so we didn't set the courses on fire. But I can honestly and easily say they were some of the most fun rounds I've ever taken part of. I hit bad shots, a lot of them honestly, but the mood was set to just have fun and we certainly accomplished that. My rounds were played with JB, Danny, Mike, and Jourdan. I had only played with Danny previously and it's been well documented that he's an absolute blast to share a round of golf with and he's a STICK. Dude never plays and just stripes it and throws darts hole after hole. JB, is easily one of the most fun people I've played golf with. It's constant jokes, many at my expense, but he takes the shots back as well as he gives them. Don't let him fool you either, he's a playa! It was great to have him out there enjoying the game we all love! Mike and Jourdan were both fantastic cart partners and huge parts of making it such a great weekend. I could go on and on about these two for a while, just know if you have a chance to play a round of golf with them, DO IT! I'll
definitely be hanging out with these guys in the coming year, we're all already putting together a reunion plan.

Justin, my #ShaftUp 1 brother and roomie for the weekend. We were really hoping throughout the year that somehow we could both make it to the Grand Finale, we did. We've chatted since we found out we were both going to Dallas and what we've taken part of this year couldn't happen to a better guy. His bag and game have improved like nothing I've seen before, it's crazy! It was great seeing him again also and I'm hoping we get to hang as much in 2018 as we did in 2017.

Callaway Gardens was a fantastic venue for this event, big props on that decision, it really set the tone and mood for the weekend. It was secluded and private, yet convenient when there. The meals were so good, the local beer was so so good (Jourdan just so happens to be my beer brother:D), and the settings and the restaurants were perfect for conversation and laughs.

Can't leave out Clayton or Rallo either, they were missed by us all and I hope to take a round in with each of them this year. Both of them are great guys. The poker chip from Clayton was awesome and something I'll always have in bag, thank you brother.

I want to go back and do it all over again, I miss it already, so much...thanks to everyone that was there and made it what it was, special.

Back