Local Tampa area golf course gets torn up by vandals

rjb01camaross

Reaction score
Handicap
Idiots! Hope they are caught soon and justice is served.

Seems to be a growing trend. Sux that people are this ignorant and disrespectful

Yeah, that location is sadly prime for this stuff.
Terrible shame.

That is awful. Hopefully they catch the guys.

What is wrong with people?

Gotta be the death penalty for these guys, right?

My home club's 7th green was torn up back in Nov. by a mustang. Almost ended up in a greenside bunker by the looks of the tire marks. Unfortunately, they got away without any leads. The course put up new fencing by the holes near the streets to try and prevent this moving forward.

Glad to hear the car flipped and some id may be left behind. Big time A$$holes.

It looks like someone did the same thing to the 10th fairway at Babe Zaharias recently too. Rocky Point is not exactly a fine golf course, but it sucks that it just got worse due to vandals. Somebody doesn't like the municipal courses in Tampa!

Unless the truck was stolen since it flipped over and they left it there I would figure they would catch the people no problem.

Whats with Hillsborough County? I was just watching some Cops or "Locked up" show over the weekend and was joking with my wife that it seems like this show is always there.

It looks like someone did the same thing to the 10th fairway at Babe Zaharias recently too. Rocky Point is not exactly a fine golf course, but it sucks that it just got worse due to vandals. Somebody doesn't like the municipal courses in Tampa!

I didn't know about Babe getting hit to, that's terrible. I guess Rogers Park is next based on this trend sadly. Maybe it's an employee that was fired since both courses are owned by the TSA. If Rogers Park is next that would be hard to overlook since they are so far apart and all the same ownership.

I didn't know about Babe getting hit to, that's terrible. I guess Rogers Park is next based on this trend sadly. Maybe it's an employee that was fired since both courses are owned by the TSA. If Rogers Park is next that would be hard to overlook since they are so far apart and all the same ownership.

Rogers would be tough one. A lot more bollards protecting the course perimeter, and there is only one way in and one way out of that area. To top it all off, that water treatment plant next to it has some big time security.

I have never understood vandals. I can understand the motivation between out crimes. But damaging property for no apparent reason has never made any sense to me. We had people going into a golf course I'm one of the areas I worked, they were digging up grass on the greens. It was terrible.

That sucks. Hopefully the course don't have to cover the cost themselves. Sounds like some teens need some better parenting to me, without starting too much.

Back