Longest Drive Off The Tee To Reach The Green

I *think* I've driven a green or two that may be longer but I can't specifically remember the holes.

The one I can recall is the 4th hole of the Barefoot Love course in North Myrtle Beach, the one with the faux ruins.

294 yards on the card from the back tees we'd played. Slightly uphill if memory serves, my buddy said at the time that it played a bit over 300 yards. In fairness, I can't recall specifically so there may have been a helping breeze.

Technically, it was a missed green as I put it inches into the fringe back of the green.

But I'm counting it, dernit.

Short 250 yd uphill par 4. I drove it 244 yds just past the fringe. Measured with my Bushnell. Rear pin location. Had a long long putt. Three putted.

I disagree... swinging harder than you need to, lack of knowledge, and lack of control both physically and mentally are what cause long drives to go hand in hand with losing balls. I have no problem admitting all those things are flaws in my game. There are plenty of people with better game than my own that hit it further, and straighter on a consistent basis.

Yeah yeah, if you wanna get all technical, lol. My half swing is a normal persons swing. It feels weird.

I don’t leave the last piece of chicken on the table and that applies to my golf swing too.

This past year was the only time my long game has hurt me and it wasn’t due to me swinging all out. It was due to illness and medication issues. Prior to that I would lose some balls with bad swings but I generally hit it long and kept it in play. Maybe not FW all the time but out of trouble 90% of the time. This last year I couldn’t do either, hit it long nor keep it in play. In a very limited sample it was just a bad year.

But I generally agree with you, except for some, they only know how to swing one way. It’s worked well for me until last year but there was a lot going on off the course.

295 yds on the scorecard, about 10 yrs ago, playing behind a very slow foursome (acting like it was their first time golfing). They were on the green putting and our group decided to tee off because nobody would drive the green. I had a good drive, went to find the ball over a slight ridge about 260ish from the tee box. Nothing there. Went to the green, found the divot, and the ball off the backside of the green in the rough. It landed short of the pin and shot through their group :oops:. We waited for them to finish the hole the rest of the round.

207 :sneaky:

I've hit a par 3 with my drive, I think it played about 245!

I’ve never driven a green. I came close once. It had the distance, but was about 10 yards left of the green. That hole was about 270 yards from an elevated tee box. Since I gave up the driver a few years ago I haven’t even come close.

285 to 25 ft past the hole on a short par 4 at our local executive. Made the eagle putt too. I’m a newer player still shooting around 100 so was very excited about it

I've done it twice. Guess I like "ridge" courses.

Cypress Ridge #7, Played about 240. Made eagle here sinking about a 15 foot putt.

1579933605352.png

Shadow Ridge #3, Played about 260. Tap in birdie on this one but it was more fun because it was with a bunch of THPers.
page1image4864

Back