Longest Tenured Equipment

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
As we move into a new year, with all the pending releases, I am curious what piece of equipment has been in your bag the longest, how long you have had it and why it is so important to your game.

My Taylormade RAC 58* wedge, from around 2010. It was the first nice wedge I ever had, and I've gotten so used to it I can't give it up!

Taylor Made M1 2017 since October of 2017. It is being on the market for a player to be named later. Everything else was purchased in 2019.

My putter. Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2, been in the bag since 2014.

Callaway XHot Pro 5 wood. Has easily been in my bag for 6 years. Typically use it 4- 6 times per round so it is very important to my bag. Have tried to replace it several times but have not found anything yet that equals or exceeds the performance I get from it.

I just upgraded almost my entire bag so the clubs I've had the longest are my Nike Vapor Flex 5 wood (I really enjoy how easy it feels to swing. Feeling confident with a fairway isn't the easiest so the fact that I do, makes it hard to take it out) and my Nike Method Origin B2-01 putter (I love the look and feel. Can't justify getting something else when those are the two things that make me like it. That's pretty much why we use the putter we do). I've had them both for about two and a half years.

Putter. Scotty Future 6M dual balanced since 2017.

It would have been a Epic 7W, was there almost 2 years. All new gear now, but I expect it to be there for a long time.

I don't have anything I didn't purchase within the past year.

Granted, almost all of it was used, with the exception of the wedges, but going to try and keep most of this bag at least for the next couple of years.

Apex 4 hybrid. Got it at the 2015 Grandaddy and I just haven't found the one to replace it. Plus I damn love that club. I use it in so many different ways, including around the green.

2013 Squareback Scotty Cameron putter hard to get rid of I putt so well with it... It has had many challengers but none have dethroned it as of yet!

For the first time. I do not have anything older than about 8 months. I turned over my whole bag last year.

Apex 4 hybrid. Got it at the 2015 Grandaddy and I just haven't found the one to replace it. Plus I damn love that club. I use it in so many different ways, including around the green.

Such a solid club.. It actually just left my bag in favor of the 2019 version of the same club. Got it for a steal on CPO but if the new one doesn't behave, I will be back to old Trusty.

TaylorMade Burner HT 5 wood. I think it came out in around 2009? It has been in out of the bag several times, but always makes its way back in. That club is a beast!!

Such a solid club.. It actually just left my bag in favor of the 2019 version of the same club. Got it for a steal on CPO but if the new one doesn't behave, I will be back to old Trusty.

I almost made that jump, but it started to whine when it saw me go to CPO haha

Callaway X2 Hot 2Deep from about 8(?) years ago. I own lots of 3 woods and mini drivers including TM M5, Epic SZ, TM orignal one, Cobra F8, etc. None of them can match the length and accuracy of my old Callaway.

Until October it would have been my Titleist 503h that is now 13 years old. I hit it twice on my round in Florida last week and both shots hit the green from 210+ yards out.

My Vokey 60. Been in the bag since 2012/13 maybe? Basically my bunker and long grass club. Still works, haven’t found the need to replace anything besides the grip on it.

Everything is new now thanks to THP, Ben Hogan, and Budget Golf!

My irons have been in the bag for 14 months. The rest of the clubs are all 1-3 months old.

My CF16 irons are my longest tenured, bought them in April 2018. Re shafted last spring so I'll be keeping them again this year unless something crazy occurs.

My Taylormade Ghost Spider putter I got in 2011. It is the most important club in my bag because over the last 9 years, I have tried many other putters, but none have felt or performed for me as well as the Ghost.

Taylor Made Burner Superfast 2.0 hybrids. Been in the bag for close to 5 years. Replaced my long irons because they hit the ball high and land it softly on the green. Easy to hit straight for me. I doubt they will ever come out of the bag.

Back