Looking For Alternative Iron Shafts Other Than UST Mamiya Recoils

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Now that my golf season is pretty much done now here in Chicago I'm looking forward to next year and some new iron shafts in one of my sets of irons. I have the same Recoil shafts in both sets right now so I'm looking for alternatives to the Recoil ES 780 SW F4 shafts I'm using right now. So what are some good alternatives. I'm probably looking at reshafting the the Cobra FT irons. Just looking right now as I've got along winter to think on this. So suggest away THP. :)

If you like graphite, may I suggest Steelfiber

If you like shafts that are steel but have graphite VSS similarities I would recommend TT Elevate

So many options though

If you like graphite, may I suggest Steelfiber

If you like shafts that are steel but have graphite VSS similarities I would recommend TT Elevate

So many options though

I've already been doing some looking at Aerotech shafts. Even talked to a club fitter yesterday at the local golf shop I frequent and Aerotech was at the top of his list.

I love my Recoil Protos, but the alternative I have been testing are Kinetixx Ballistic iron shafts.

Good review here.

I've already been doing some looking at Aerotech shafts. Even talked to a club fitter yesterday at the local golf shop I frequent and Aerotech was at the top of his list.

Are you committed to graphite?

I love my Recoil Protos, but the alternative I have been testing are Kinetixx Ballistic iron shafts.

Good review here.

Thanks, JB. I'll check them out. 👍

Steelfiber is a good option for sure and keep an eye out for the new lightweight steel Dynamic Gold 85's - currently Japan market only but getting rave reviews.

Not sure what your launch is, but if you're higher spin PX Catalyst is legit too

Launch angle for me right now is Mid. I never have had a very high launch with my irons.

Have been digging the Steelfiber i110CW to i95CW change up. I'm kinda "all in" on the Aerotechs right now, but the Recoil Protos have my eye.
I haven't looked around much. Once you drop coin on a set of graphite, well.... ;)
It was nice to be able to stay in the same family of shafts and move in weight and flex. Been around a long time, and they have other profiles too than just the i series.

I'm just into graphite, period. Its the most advanced tech with the most reasons to play it for your body and game. (y)

Which tip size do you need for the Cobras?

Maybe try the recoil 95 series, awesome feel and performance. Steel fiber performs but, IMO, feel awful.

I also like @OITW elevate suggestion, those feel great, the tech is legit.

Have been digging the Steelfiber i110CW to i95CW change up. I'm kinda "all in" on the Aerotechs right now, but the Recoil Protos have my eye.
I haven't looked around much. Once you drop coin on a set of graphite, well.... ;)
It was nice to be able to stay in the same family of shafts and move in weight and flex. Been around a long time, and they have other profiles too than just the i series.

I'm just into graphite, period. Its the most advanced tech with the most reasons to play it for your body and game. (y)

I might be wrong but I think it is .370 if that's correct.

If you have forged tec it's a parallel tip

also @Tenputt has some great aerotech knowledge

I've also been looking at the MCA Tensei Blue AV shafts a bit also.

+1 on steelfibers. I have 2 sets now with them and like them quite a bit

I have catalyst 80 in one length forged tech and they launch high. That should be an easy demo since they were the stock graphite option

True Temper bought them and I asked my clubmaker about flex - because Aerotechs tend to run firm to flex - flex has not changed whereas Recoils tend to run true to flex (as much as there are similarities)

If you want something in Constant Weight, try Accra. They were all bought by True Temper. I played an Accra i80 and enjoyed it. Now I'm moving up to Accra Constant Weight in 95g. The have a 4 inch tip so flex is easily attained.

True Temper bought them and I asked my clubmaker about flex - because Aerotechs tend to run firm to flex - flex has not changed whereas Recoils tend to run true to flex (as much as there are similarities)

If you want something in Constant Weight, try Accra. They were all bought by True Temper. I played an Accra i80 and enjoyed it. Now I'm moving up to Accra Constant Weight in 95g. The have a 4 inch tip so flex is easily attained.

Thx, I will check Accra out latter tonight. 👍

I went down this same path, wondering about alternatives to recoil shafts. Around here, it is simply not possible to test many graphite options, particularly in flexes and weights that work for me. After hitting a bunch of steel shafts and comparing to my current recoils, I decided to be happy and stick with what is working.

Good luck in your search.

i adore catalyst

recoil are very good too

Back