Looking for good time

Hey all,

New here, just looking to chat about all things golf. I played years ago, then had 3 kids and am just returning and getting into things again. Does anyone have any ideas about how to redevelop lost skills? I felt like I had a good short game but now I feel like I have no feel for distance on chips and pitches at all - some falling well short some flying over the greens..!

Thanks

Roobs
Welcome to THP. There is no secret formula, but a good head start is to spend 2 hours a day on THP, followed by 90 minutes of practice.

Just kidding - only spend an hour per day here.

Seriously, though, nothing beats reps. Even if it's only 10 swings per day, the feel and distance control will come back. It's no different than for guys like me who only get to golf 7 months of the year - the first few weeks are pretty tough, but it eventually falls back into place.

Welcome to THP! I’ll second the comment about checking the swing tips section!

Welcome Roobs! I'm with everyone else here, just get out there and it will all come back to you.

Welcome to THP

Thanks all! Having a poke around THP it looks a great place to be for all things golf!!

I have a tee off time for what will be a soaking wet 9 holes in a couple or hours. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all,

New here, just looking to chat about all things golf. I played years ago, then had 3 kids and am just returning and getting into things again. Does anyone have any ideas about how to redevelop lost skills? I felt like I had a good short game but now I feel like I have no feel for distance on chips and pitches at all - some falling well short some flying over the greens..!

Thanks

Roobs

There's a ton of good, free content on YouTube, 18 Birdies, etc. that I found helpful. I did the same thing as you. It's a slow grind to get everything back together, but it's getting there!

Welcome to THP. I must say I laughed at the title of your thread!!

At first I thought this was a romantic craigslist ad posted In the wrong place lol. Welcome to THP, a great place to reinvigorate that love for golf.

Welcome to THP! After that long of a layoff I can only offer to be patient and have fun. Skills will come back and the more you work at it, the quicker you’ll get a feel for your game.

Welcome to THP

Back