Looking For Testers: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid

Comment below and answer these 3 questions.
1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? Cobra 3-4 hybrid 18.5 degree
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good). I’m very interested in the super hybrid concept. I’m interested to see how workable it is with respect to the spin zones. Can I tighten up my butter cut and still return to my stock draw. Especially off of the fairway.
3. What is your shaft flex? I play with a stiff flex.

I’m really excited for this opportunity, and look forward to providing technical and practical feedback on a daily basis to all of you

I would replace my 5h and my 5 wood giving me another spot for a wedge!

all the technology wrapped into one makes this really interesting and i would love to try it

stiff flex

another great opportunity!

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? Callaway Apex 21 3 iron
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good). I’m interested to see how the self-customization helps with attacking par 5’s, especially after a slightly off-fairway tee shot.
3. What is your shaft flex? I play a 6.0 rifle shaft

What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing?

I currently only am carrying a 3 wood I had been starting to look into hybrids and would love to test this.
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good)

I would love to test them because as an 18 handicap and someone who has only relied on a 3 wood and irons it would be fun to give a hybrid a shot and see what type of advantages or help with my game something like this could provide.

3. What is your shaft flex?

I’m an extra stuff to stiff flex shaft

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing?
  • This club would be replacing my 3-hybrid

2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good)
  • The jailbreak technology is my main draw to this club. I recently acquired an EPIC Max LS and found that the new face technology allows me to be super consistent with strike. Would love to have that consistency in a hybrid club!

• Stiff flex

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? My King OS 4 hybrid, or possible my King F8 5wd
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good) The tech packed into this thing is intriguing.
3. What is your shaft flex? I use Regular flex shafts

1. it would gap my 3 wood and 4 hybrid
2. I need something to help me reach the green when it’s around 200 yards out. 3 wood goes 215 and 4 hybrid goes 185. The distance from this thing sounds perfect for me as I have had a ton of success swinging easy and this looks like it will give me easy distance with the driver tech out in it.
3. I am regular flex

1. This would be replacing a Mavrik pro 3 hybrid, or my 2019 Apex 4 Iron
2. The steelfiber shaft as well as the jailbreak blades for even more speed makes this a potentially great fit in the 3 hybrid spot, instead of playing a 5 wood.
3. X flex.

1.would replace a ping g400 5 wood
2.to test the control of a super hybrid compared to a standard hybrid / wood
3.stiff

18* replacing my 3H.

I what I have read about the technology in this hybrid

Stiff Flex

I would be replacing a 3hybird gbb epic hybrid with a project x stiff shaft.

I am most looking forward to the jail break technology and the way the club just looks like it will get the ball in the air. Pick me pick me 🤣

replacing the 3 wood rouge in my bad now,

would love to test to see if they actually give me more then 240 I hit my 3 wood now and see if they’re are as forgiving as the rouge woods

Finally flex would be stiff.

Assuming the same 21° loft, this could potentially directly replace my Big Bertha 21° hybrid and also an Epic Flash 5W opening up a slot for another wedge.

Given that I all too often am hitting those two clubs (4H and 5W) into greens on long par 4's, the potential for added distance and especially spin could really help my scores.

Light (senior) or Regular

1. It would be replacing my Callaway XR speed 5 wood
2. Have been looking to replace my 5 wood with something that will have a slightly lower ball flight and the technology in the new epic line is very impressive. Would love to give them a swing!
3. Stiff flex

1. This would be replacing my 21 degree Callaway X Forged UT, so would love to try the Super Hybrid in a 21 degree.

2. I love the idea of an easy to hit, powerful hybrid, without the left bias. The jailbreak AI face and tungsten should be a big help with forgiveness too. While I enjoy my UT especially off the tee, it is harder to hit off the deck than I would prefer.

3. Stiff

It would replace my 2/3 hybrid I currently have, I sometimes use a driving iron but I have been intrigued about getting Callaway’s last seasons hybrid

I have the new Callaway Max LS driver and the whole range is pure!

The new hybrid been getting major love from the reviewers and I’m interested to see how it sits, loved the look of the Apex.

I use an X flex

probably my 3 iron or just an added club

Honestly I’d just like to win and my clubs are from the 70’s so it would be nice to replace something

Regular

1. Titleist tsi3 20* would go on the shelf
2. All the tech in this hybrid has me really curious to see if it would I would see a noticeable difference in performance from all hybrids I have played. Too be honest I have gotten similar performance out of a few different ones that I had in the bag. The price has me intrigued as well, it just has to perform doesn’t it?
3. Stiff flex

This one is going to be heavily read….get ready to get your review game on!

This one is going to be heavily read….get ready to get your review game on!
Both reviews!! The 16,18 vs a fairway, and the higher lofts vs the hybrids. I'm anxious to read both.

While I love free equipment, I already have a Super H in 20 degree that I have set at 22 with draw bias.
I bought it used from PGA Superstore about a year ago and couldn't hit it for chit.
I ordered a shaft to match my other clubs and got the correct adapter and fitted it to the club. It fills the gap perfectly between my Irons and woods and played a big roll today in a club tournament 5th place finish 3 strokes off the lead.
Once it was dialed in, it is one of the irreplaceable clubs in the bag.
YMMV but feel free to PM with any Q's.

I would be most definitely interested in taking the Epic fair way wood for a season! I enjoy a round at least once a week! I’m looking to replace my Adams tight lies fairway wood and my Tittlest 3 iron! Reg Flex, I’m 51 now and need all the help I can get! Thanks

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? Would replace either my 3H or my 3W, depending on how this club plays.
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good). I love the idea that this might help fight against the hook tendency (that I have with my existing 3H, but hearing about all the technology in this club makes me think it could perhaps serve in place of my 3w. Side note— my enter bag is Callaway EXCEPT for my 3W, which is another reason i kind of WANT this to replace my 3w
3. What is your shaft flex? stiff (lefty)

I would love to try out one of these new hybrids! I could go for either the 21 or 24 degree - replacing either my 7 wood or my current 5 hybrid. I would enjoy seeing how the jailbreak technology comes across in a hybrid. I would go with a senior shaft.

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? Callaway Apex 21 3 iron
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good). I’m interested to see how the self-customization helps with attacking par 5’s, especially after a slightly off-fairway tee shot.
3. What is your shaft flex? I play a 6.0 rifle shaft

Back