Looking to play with THPers while in Raleigh/Pinehurst

BuffaloPlunger

2024 GolfTEC Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Finally booked my trip to Pinehurst and I will have some free time in the afternoon of 2/9 and 2/10 where I’m hoping to play with some THPers. @pumbaa said he’s in. Timing might be a little tight but a 1:30-2:00 tee time on either day should work

Might be a little tight with daylight if the round is slow. I could be interested. Do you know what course?

Might be a little tight with daylight if the round is slow. I could be interested. Do you know what course?
Not set on anything in particular. Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, Pine Needles, Southern Pines and Mid South were what I was thinking but I’m open to anywhere

If you’re playing #2, just as heads up: you’ll be playing off of mats on all the par 3’s and in the perceived landing zones for the US Open.

If you’re playing #2, just as heads up: you’ll be playing off of mats on all the par 3’s and in the perceived landing zones for the US Open.
Appreciate the heads up!

I'm in it's only a 2 hour drive.

So, you booked your trip. Is this a guys trip and you are thinking of going out with THP'ers for extra rounds or did you happen to do a stay-and-play somewhere (Pinehurst resort or elsewhere)?

Just trying to get an idea of what all you are planning while here.

I am a member at Pinehurst and as such, I have not played many of the surrounding courses (since my membership gives me plenty of options for play). I do have that Friday off from work and could possibly join you or try to help book a course at Pinehurst (2, 4 and 8 are always hard to get onto as a member).

Also, I did help create a Google Doc for those who are planning to visit if it helps at all:

Not set on anything in particular. Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, Pine Needles, Southern Pines and Mid South were what I was thinking but I’m open to anywhere
I'm local so my suggestion would be for you to play the course you are most wanting to play. I am an hour away in Holly Springs and will throw my course as an option, though I'm guess you are wanting to play one of the courses in Pinehurst/Southern Pines.
So, you booked your trip. Is this a guys trip and you are thinking of going out with THP'ers for extra rounds or did you happen to do a stay-and-play somewhere (Pinehurst resort or elsewhere)?

I am a member at Pinehurst and as such, I have not played many of the surrounding courses (since my membership gives me plenty of options for play). I do have that Friday off from work and could possibly join you or try to help book a course at Pinehurst (2, 4 and 8 are always hard to get onto as a member).

Also, I did help create a Google Doc for those who are planning to visit if it helps at all:

Possibly In

I'm local so my suggestion would be for you to play the course you are most wanting to play. I am an hour away in Holly Springs and will throw my course as an option, though I'm guess you are wanting to play one of the courses in Pinehurst/Southern Pines.

Im open to your course on that Friday as it might be easiest with the time my flight gets in. Either that or Tobacco Road if others want to join that would be coming from Charlotte.

As for Saturday, I’m open to other suggestions. One of the other Pinehurst courses (possibly 3) could work well since it’s near No.4. Mid Pines or Pine Needles would work too.

Thoughts?

Pinehurst courses 1-5 are all based at the main clubhouse. 6, 7, 8, 9 and soon 10 are all "off campus" as my wife likes to say.

#3 is a fun course and can play as tough as #2 on some days. #1 is a gentle introduction to Pinehurst and Donald Ross design.

Im open to your course on that Friday as it might be easiest with the time my flight gets in. Either that or Tobacco Road if others want to join that would be coming from Charlotte.

As for Saturday, I’m open to other suggestions. One of the other Pinehurst courses (possibly 3) could work well since it’s near No.4. Mid Pines or Pine Needles would work too.

Thoughts?
I'm happy to do either one. Will do whatever everyone wants to do. Open to anything. Just checked: Tobacco Road is about $110 for the 9th. Last tee time they have available is. Our winter rates our $70.

I'm happy to do either one. Will do whatever everyone wants to do. Open to anything. Just checked: Tobacco Road is about $110 for the 9th. Last tee time they have available is. Our winter rates our $70.
Okay, I could probably make the 12:36 time at Tobacco Road.

@pumbaa @e1iterate @outlawx and @SVonhof what days would you guys be interested in playing? I think we have it narrowed down 12 oaks, Tobacco Road and another Pinehurst course

I would be down for playing TR (if there is space), as I have not played there yet. I know it gets up well over $200 in the summer months.

When we get closer, I can see if I can book one of the Pinehurst courses (I cannot book this far out) for Saturday.

I would be down for playing TR (if there is space), as I have not played there yet. I know it gets up well over $200 in the summer months.

When we get closer, I can see if I can book one of the Pinehurst courses (I cannot book this far out) for Saturday.
Okay, TR it is. My flight lands at about 10:15 so I should be able to make the 12:36 tee time though I’ll be coming in hot.

@pumbaa @Jeff Spicoli @outlawx and @e1iterate let me know if you’re good with that and I will make the tee time

No rush as there’s still plenty of time

Pinehurst courses 1-5 are all based at the main clubhouse. 6, 7, 8, 9 and soon 10 are all "off campus" as my wife likes to say.

#3 is a fun course and can play as tough as #2 on some days. #1 is a gentle introduction to Pinehurst and Donald Ross design.
3 is the shortest punch in the mouth you will ever play for 18 holes. My God is that a fun course.

3 is the shortest punch in the mouth you will ever play for 18 holes. My God is that a fun course.
That’s what I’ve heard! I’d love to play it if the time works out

Back