Losing golf balls.

On the newbie friendly course I play, I'll usually lose 2 per round.

At the uber hard course I played, I think I lost 9 on that single round.

Definitely course dependent here as well. My home course is designed in a way that anything outside of 3-5 yards off the fairway is a native area full of snakes, spiders, and scorpions. Needless to say, most people I bring there end up losing quite a few more balls than they were planning for.

I have managed to get it down to about a 1 lost ball per round average there, and I do much better at courses that allow for you to search.

That is brutal man. And that is a lot of balls. Almost every hole in my home course has a combination of water or tall grass on either side. Then we have trees as well, so mistakes are punished severely. On a very bad day, I can easily lose 10+ balls.

I also go all tin cup when rounds don't count and start dropping balls until I make the shot I know I can make. There have been multiple times I've been sitting 230 out and needed to clear water at 18 knowing I can put the 4h onto the green in two and go through 1/2 dozen balls until I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also go all tin cup when rounds don't count and start dropping balls until I make the shot I know I can make. There have been multiple times I've been sitting 230 out and needed to clear water at 18 knowing I can put the 4h onto the green in two and go through 1/2 dozen balls until I do.

Living vicariously through a long hitting lefty here, but do you attempt to carry that creek and get on #10 from the tee to try and eagle it sometimes Tim? It's probably into the wind most days and a very dangerous target but it seems like you'd have the length. If so what do you hit? I've only played your course a couple times and I obviously have to layup and wedge on. That approach has some pucker factor to it even with a wedge.

Living vicariously through a long hitting lefty here but do you attempt to carry that creek and get on #10 from the tee sometimes Tim? It's probably into the wind most days and a very dangerous target but it seems like you'd have the length. If so what do you hit?

Very rarely. Honestly there is too much risk and not enough reward for attempting to drive the green. Every time that I will land on the green it's usually with a Threewood or a long hybrid. Neither one has a stopping power to stay on the green hand since it slopes towards the Creek I will often roll off the green into the creek. I find it better to just hit my six iron To the left of the fairway bunker and leave myself with a 70 yard or so pitch - much more birdies and at worst par on most days.

Back