Losing golf balls.

Usually 1 a round on my home course. On a new course 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd probably say I lose on average about 1-2 per round. I'll go rounds without losing any, but then I also have a few where my swing is off or I am trying to play overly aggressive where I will lose a couple.

I have no problem with it as I way prefer having the performance of a premium ball over choosing a cheap option I don't mind losing.

On good days, I don't lose any balls. Most days I seem to lose 1-3. I have lost balls in play because of how long the rough has been allowed to grow out recently, and because I sometimes take my eye off the ball if I don't like the shot I just made.

On the upside.....sometimes I find a ball or two per round.....and if I'm real lucky....it's a VOLVIK! Because those loud color balls are just cool, IMHO. So, that becomes my "lucky" ball and I keep it superstitiously in hope that my golf game will improve. lol

Normally 3-4 per round. Because I really like the CS Truvis, I nearly always get them via lostgolfballs.com. No sense paying full price for a ball that on average lasts 4 holes.

Losing golf balls.

If I'm playing my league course, probably 1 over 10 rounds. On courses with some water, heather, etc, probably 4-5. Have really worked on keeping the ball in play.

I probably average 1.5 per round. Today I lost 3, round before zero. Round before that lost 2... so I think over the long haul it is somewhere between 1-2 per round.

If I am playing well over those 10 rounds, maybe 5 balls lost. If bad? The number will be much much higher.

How do I cope with losing expensive balls? I just don't play expensive balls tbh. Usually in the $25 - $30 per dozen range.

Not sure how many I average losing over ten rounds. Sometimes I can go 2-3 rounds and not lose a ball, next time out might lose 4. I play CS** and ProV1X, don't worry about losing them any more, just part of the game.

My home course, on a weekend, maybe a ball per round. During the week, maybe 2-3 per round. I don't know why I have more trouble during the week but it just goes that way.

Well let's see here. I've gone through I think 24 dozen Snell MTBs this year. I play a lot of golf and my home course has native grass lining both sides of the rough so a shot right or left has approximately 0% of being found.

When I play Glen Echo which is an old tree lined course I only lose a ball if we just cannot find it sitting in the rough.

Depends on the course. If I'm at the local muni's for 10 rounds I might lose 2-3 balls. If I'm in the jungle I could easily lose 50+ balls in 10 rounds.

I am going to say on average 1 ball ... I play cheap balls, there was a time when I would only use, used balls. I have a place that sells them on the internet relatively close.

I'm averaging less than 1 ball/round lately but like others have mentioned, it's totally dependent on the course. I play my home course almost exclusively and it's not one that is full of hazards. There's water on #2 and sometimes I'll dunk one off the tee (on a real bad day, 2) and we have a couple of OB spots I'll sometimes find. In Aug/Sept, they let the rough grow out and if you're not hitting straight, you'll lose one in the deep Bermuda. That's especially frustrating because you see right where it went and then cant find it.

It 100% depends upon the course and the conditions. Yesterday I lost four balls, two on #1, but I hit the ball beautifully, giving myself birdie putts on 11 of the 15 holes I didn't lose a ball off the tee. As well as I played yesterday there's almost zero chance I could've possibly lost a ball at many of the courses I frequent. Millwood (naming it since dozens of THPers have played it) is just a tight course with rough that's normally very penal. But this summer we've had abnormally good rains and balls even a yard or three off the fairway simply disappeared in it yesterday. I'm not sure how to put an average on how many balls I lose as I shuffle up a lot of courses and they're all so different in that regard. It's definitely too many, but it doesn't impact my choice in golf balls. I just look at lost balls as an expected cost of playing golf. I usually find more than I lose anyway, sometimes even gamers.

Well Im averaging 3 penalties a round.

So for 10 rounds thats 30 penalties, of which Id say 27 or 28 are lost balls into the water or the nasty heather we have

Well let's see here. I've gone through I think 24 dozen Snell MTBs this year. I play a lot of golf and my home course has native grass lining both sides of the rough so a shot right or left has approximately 0% of being found.

When I play Glen Echo which is an old tree lined course I only lose a ball if we just cannot find it sitting in the rough.

That is brutal man. And that is a lot of balls. Almost every hole in my home course has a combination of water or tall grass on either side. Then we have trees as well, so mistakes are punished severely. On a very bad day, I can easily lose 10+ balls.

Well Im averaging 3 penalties a round.

So for 10 rounds thats 30 penalties, of which Id say 27 or 28 are lost balls into the water or the nasty heather we have

Strangely, for the last 3-4 rounds, I have averaged about 2-3 penalties a round as well with as many balls lost. Which seems strange because my score overall has been improving. I have gone from a 25 to almost a 20 handicap in the last couple of months (and trending lower) but it does not seem to have severely impacted the number of balls I lose .. ha ha.

I went from QST's to trying the Chrome Soft Truvis balls this weekend. The way they checked on the greens was slightly better for me but I lost 3 on Friday (over 27 holes) and 2 yesterday (over 18). It stings .. LOL.

I am kind of all over the place when it comes to losing balls. Yesterday I lost 5, 3 of which should have been easily found. Heck one of them was just off the fairway, but none of us could find it. Round before last I didn't lose any, but the round before that I lost 3. I actually went 50 plus holes and then 40 plus holes without losing a ball at all. I guess it just depends on when my all to frequent bad swing shows up.

At my course, when I have to look for my ball I usually find 2 keepers (Premium, ProV, TP5, CS etc..)

My biggest issue is keeping my bag light from round to round as the balls start to pile up!

I play a desert course, any ball ten yards left or right of edge of fairway is gone. So I lose more than I care to admit. Probably 3 a round, but lots of times I find 3 or 4 so it evens out.

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk

Probably average 2.5 penalties per round. Some are for having an unplayable, some because my ball is in the next town. Last 4 rounds my lost ball count is as follows. 1,5,2,3

Like others very course dependent for me. Like yesterday I lost 2 on a tight unforgiving track. Played 9 at the same place the week before and played all 9 with the same ball. I wish I had the time available to continue that round. It also depends on how I'm hitting it off the tee, if I'm spraying it the count can rise in a hurry. Last 10 rounds I would have to say 6.

As with others, it's kind of course dependent. I've lost as many as 1 dozen balls over 18 holes (yes, it was a very bad day), but I've also once used the same ball for three rounds. I suppose on average I will lose about 2-3 per round. Most of those are either in the water or somewhere where I just decide I'm not going to waste time looking for it. I've always said that the best divining rod in the world is a brand new Titleist.

I've almost always played less expensive balls. When I could no longer find Titleist X-Outs, I tried their Velocity. Got tired real quick of losing those, and switched to Top Flite XL, which were on sale at Golf Galaxy 2 for $20. This past weekend, I found the X-Outs at my local WallyWorld again, so I'm back to those for now ($9.96/dz). With the state of my game, there's really no point investing in ProVs.

I always wonder if some of the balls I have lost wouldn't have been lost if I had been using a better ball haha

Different course today and didn't lose a single ball (lost 4 yesterday despite hitting it better). I only came close to losing one today when I hooked it over an old civil war shooting wall off the tee. Were it not for this thread (lol), and being half way through the back nine on my same ball, I probably wouldn't have climbed over the stacked rocks to find it. It was still well in bounds but I made a mess of the hole trying a series of ever worsening 'hero shots' rather than just pitching it back in play over the wall.

Different course today and didn't lose a single ball (lost 4 yesterday despite hitting it better). I only came close to losing one today when I hooked it over an old civil war shooting wall off the tee. Were it not for this thread (lol), and being half way through the back nine on my same ball, I probably wouldn't have climbed over the stacked rocks to find it. It was still well in bounds but I made a mess of the hole trying a series of ever worsening 'hero shots' rather than just pitching it back in play over the wall.

That is what kind of makes me laugh at times too. I have had way worse rounds this year than what I did yesterday and not lost a single ball or lost fewer balls. Lost 3 yesterday but had my 3rd best round this year.

Back