Make a Prediction on your ‘21 Driver

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
Obviously, there are many of us who like to try equipment. Without trying, seeing or even knowing what some of the releases will be, let’s hear your honest predictions regarding what driver most likely will spend the majority of time in your bag for ‘21. Obviously, it can be an older model or one of the new, yet to be introduced drivers (If predicting something new, you can simply say something like “Callaway’s new Sub Zero model.).

callaway epic speed, or titleist tsi2. or maybe ping g425. if the callaway is close, it’s getting my $$$.

I’ll probably stay with either the 917d2 or cobra f8. Maybe I’d I can find a good deal on a 410 or upgrades titleist or cobra. Not much else really catches my fancy.

Shy of winning one or being selected to test, it’ll be the same Morley crew that saw time this year. Mainly an F8+. I like it but need a shaft swap. I have the shaft just need to put in the adapter.

B21 in 21

The Mavrik Max has been a very good driver for me in 2020, but I am interested in doing a full driver fitting early next year. The B21 and TSi are both on my mind to see how they play out.

I plan on sticking with the Cobra F9 paired up with my custom shaft from Project X. I only got in two rounds with that pairing at the end last year, but it performed famously.

i don't see moving from the EXS220...my game doesn't warrant a driver upgrade at this point.

I'll stick with my Taylor Made M2

can't see hitting anything $350 better

unless I win one somehow ;)

I’ll most likely keep the Titleist TSi3, however I will definitely try the new TM and Ping drivers.

I think the most likely to be in the bag is my current driver, Cobra F9 (Morgan Cup edition!). I have been hitting it really well, better than any previous driver that is for sure.

I do plan on doing some testing early in '21 to see if there is anything better for me. I expect to test all the major releases, but I will probably favor the Ping 425 and Cobra RAD out of the gate. I have never got a long well with Callaway drivers for some reason, and Titleist woods gave me nightmares about 15 years ago. I haven't gotten over that yet!

I really want to give the Mavrik Max a fair shake. The Tsi's are making that extremely difficult. Titleist seems to have made an unbelievable club this year.

Already ordered it. Hogan Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavrik SubZero
I have that dialed in and with something new coming at the end of 2021, I will spend some money elsewhere in the bag. Maybe a new Driving iron or 60

I might finally decommission my old 10.5 (stock stiff) TM R580 (yeah, i know!) My buddies tease me about being a "cheap skate" But in reality, it is still the most fun to hit, and most controllable driver I have ever owned and still competitive distance wise as any 2020 models I have tested.

The wife and I have only 9 more payments on our house and we are putting every additional penny into finishing them off, so I might hold off in 2021.

I really do like the TM Sim, Hogan GS53, and Cobra Speedzone drivers........ and would be happy with any of them.

I’m guessing it will be the TSi2 driver (should it ever actually be built and ship to me).

Alternatives:
Thinking the Ping G425 Max has a shot or possibly the Cally Epic Max

I’d guess Epic Max or Speed.
Titleist TSi2 will get a chance

I’m pretty happy with my EF at the moment. I’m also not one to buy until I can get a deal. That said I’d like to try the Ping LST model.

Speedzone Xtreme will be my '21 driver.

Probably the driver in my signature. Possibly the Hogan GS53 Max if curiosity gets the better of me.

My guess is it will be a toss up between my Cobra speedzone and the new Callaway Epic lineup ( probably SZ equivalent ) when it gets released.

The standard Mavrik will be in my bag all year. I brought in a Max and Sub Zero to make sure it was the best for me and the Standard was the clear cut winner. If I find a deal on a Mavrik Triple Diamond I will give it a shot.

Back