Make the best PB&J

lukemartin93

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Coming off of the grilled cheese extravaganza and just making my daughter a Pb&j, I was thinking what’s the best Pb&j?

Which bread, peanut butter, and jelly/jam/preserves?

For me, I’d go with Sara Lee artesano honey wheat bread (so soft and chewy), raspberry preserves (especially the homemade my wife made with fresh picked raspberries 👌) and jif crunchy pb. Oh and with a glass of 2% milk

For me, I’d go with Sara Lee artesano honey wheat bread (so soft and chewy), raspberry preserves (especially the homemade my wife made with fresh picked raspberries 👌) and jif crunchy pb. Oh and with a glass of 2% milk
Combine your grilled cheese inspiration, and after you make the PB&J, put it in a pan and make it a Grilled PB&J. You're welcome.

Triple decker. Middle piece of bread had PB on both sides and jelly on outer bread.

Peanut butter, bacon, banana, and honey is amazing but there is no jelly.

Triple decker. Middle piece of bread had PB on both sides and jelly on outer bread.

Peanut butter, bacon, banana, and honey is amazing but there is no jelly.
Triple decker is a power move

I make a lot of jelly and jam, so am kind of a snob with that, and for peanut butter I like Jif. 🤷‍♂️

Big fan of this bread:

1711555203326.png

Also, my wife is insistent on it and puts peanut butter on both pieces of bread, and I’d have to agree. Keeps the bread less soggy imo

Combine your grilled cheese inspiration, and after you make the PB&J, put it in a pan and make it a Grilled PB&J. You're welcome.
This is accurate, we use our panini a lot for grilled PB&whatever we're feeling.

You guys picky about jelly?

I"m probably too basic for this thread. Just give me Jif creamy, grape jelly (Welches or Smuckers) and Sunbeam white bread. Maybe toast it a little if I'm feeling froggy.

Especially if crunchy peanut butter. The dog is my best friend when I make a triple decker
The only way to do it

Baby Hat GIF

I"m probably too basic for this thread. Just give me Jif creamy, grape jelly (Welches or Smuckers) and Sunbeam white bread. Maybe toast it a little if I'm feeling froggy.
There’s something about the basics. Why fix something that’s not broke!

Not really... but for the golf course honey is typically my go-to over jelly
Hmm hot honey could be an interesting addition too 🤔

You guys picky about jelly?
Preserves guy myself. I like strawberry the most. I also really like an apple jam.

Jelly: fruit juice + sugar

Jam: chopped or pureed fruit + sugar

Chutney: chopped or pureed fruit + sugar + vinegar + spices

Preserves: whole fruit or fruit chunks + sugar

Marmalade: whole citrus (either chopped or left intact) + sugar

Compote: whole fruit or fruit chunks + sugar (but usually eaten immediately, not preserved)

Preserves guy myself. I like strawberry the most. I also really like an apple jam.

Compote: whole fruit or fruit chunks + sugar (but usually eaten immediately, not preserved)
Well this is super helpful. Don’t know how many times I’ve wondered the differences but was too lazy to google it 😅

Umm how long and how hot? Do you spray it with cooking spray or anything?
I’ve found that around 340° for about 3-4 minutes is best spritz of Avo oil

So does this mean most jams and preserves are interchangeable? I

Wonder White Bread, Jiffy creamy PB and Smuckers Strawberry jelly

Back