Make the best PB&J

My wife puts butter on her bread first. I think she’s nuts. Might be a Yankee thing.

Double decker peanut butter and jelly. Three pieces of Wonder white bread. Peter Pan peanut butter on two of the pieces. Welch’s grape jelly on each side of the third piece. Asssemble and cut on an angle. Delicious.

Double decker peanut butter and jelly. Three pieces of Wonder white bread. Peter Pan peanut butter on two of the pieces. Welch’s grape jelly on each side of the third piece. Asssemble and cut on an angle. Delicious.

Dang, forgot about Welch’s jelly. This, however, is a no-go.

70A35F7B-BCE9-4933-A73F-C066DA8B9673.jpeg

Brownberry 14 grain bread. Jif Extra Crunchy, Traverse city cherry jalapeno preserves.

For me, I’d go with Sara Lee artesano honey wheat bread (so soft and chewy), raspberry preserves (especially the homemade my wife made with fresh picked raspberries 👌) and jif crunchy pb. Oh and with a glass of 2% milk

This but I'll substitute blackberries (y)

Love PPJ.

My 3 favs

1) King’s Hawaiian Sliced White ( a light toast), creamy Peanut butter, Bacon Jam .

2) King’s Hawaiian Sliced White ( a light toast), creamy Peanut butter, seedless strawberry jam

3) King’s Hawaiian Sliced White, creamy Jif Peanut butter, grape jam, wildflower raw honey drizzle ( Cold milk or if feel darning, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Imperial Milk Stout)

I did try a creamy peanut butter with a coarse grind of salted cashews with grape jam, pretty darn good.

And glass of cold milk

Triple decker. Middle piece of bread had PB on both sides and jelly on outer bread.

Peanut butter, bacon, banana, and honey is amazing but there is no jelly.
Need that protein to power those calves

My wife puts butter on her bread first. I think she’s nuts. Might be a Yankee thing.
Not a yankee thing that I know of. Only time I put butter on a PBJ is if I am grilling it.

Back