Makefield Putters

kiwichris

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Heard an ad for these on PGA Tour radio, apparently took a most innovative award at this year's PGA show.

Interesting look.

Not a big fan of the looks, but customizable neck and weighting system is pretty cool.

Will pass on the brick on a stick..

Will pass on the brick on a stick..
I just saw the weight kit. Wow. I think I’d go insane. I’d be constantly tinkering with it. Seems like you’d need to get a professional fitting with something like this.

They were founded not too far from me, the 2023 PGA Professional Champion used one, they are an interesting putter. Reminds me of LAB (not performance wise), a really different look with it’s own technology story.

They were founded not too far from me, the 2023 PGA Professional Champion used one, they are an interesting putter. Reminds me of LAB (not performance wise), a really different look with it’s own technology story.
Have you ever tried one?

Have you ever tried one?
Not on the course, but I have rolled it in my shop, I’m good friends with one of the guys involved with the design so I have no excuse to not try it other than I am a blade guy and they are most definitely not blade putters. Solid feel and starting to get more popular around here, in a bunch of higher end private club shops in the Philly/Jersey region.

Interesting looks, price seems a bit high to compete at that price point seems it would be hard for a smaller company

Love all the options to tinker with, but damn they are ugly.

Woof, bowl of soup ugly.

1706115589878.gif

All those saying "ugly" - curious why are you saying that. These look like every other putter out there to me. I actually think, based on the pics on a green, that they look decent - clean black with simple lines. Better than a lot of others.

I mean - how are these 2 that much different?

1706118670640.png1706118745782.png

Attachments

• 1706118744389.png
    1706118744389.png
    662.8 KB · Views: 2
All those saying "ugly" - curious why are you saying that. These look like every other putter out there to me. I actually think, based on the pics on a green, that they look decent - clean black with simple lines. Better than a lot of others.

I mean - how are these 2 that much different?

View attachment 9238214View attachment 9238215
Respectfully, to me, they don’t look alike, and spider is also pretty pretty pretty ugly.

Respectfully, to me, they don’t look alike, and spider is also pretty pretty pretty ugly.
Wasn't implying Spider and this one look alike - simply that there are putters out there that some people go all Swifty on them.

This is mine - uglyish; but I make everything, so all my 'pretty' putters are in the closet.

1706119780149.png1706119795247.png

But you call this one "freakin gorgeous": https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/edel-golf-–-array-putters.8959245/post-12086817

Seriously - what makes that gorgeous and these ones ugly? Do you like straight lines as opposed to rounding? Top downs look?
Went on a hunt for that one.

First, I have long been known to roll ugly putters, no issue with that at all. I rolled the T-Frame from Cleveland for years as well as every spider iteration that's come across the market, and both of those designs are pretty darn ugly. I dont have to like the look of something for it to be a good putter or to put it in the bag.

Second, on these, I dont like the rounded edges. I think it's a bad look and not something that I prefer. I typically like a putter with sharp edges and clean lines, which is why the Edel to me, is freaking gorgeous.

Went on a hunt for that one.

First, I have long been known to roll ugly putters, no issue with that at all. I rolled the T-Frame from Cleveland for years as well as every spider iteration that's come across the market, and both of those designs are pretty darn ugly. I dont have to like the look of something for it to be a good putter or to put it in the bag.

Second, on these, I dont like the rounded edges. I think it's a bad look and not something that I prefer. I typically like a putter with sharp edges and clean lines, which is why the Edel to me, is freaking gorgeous.

I figured lines/sharp edges would be the main factor. I am similar...from art to putters...the sharper edges appeal more to me. I played Ping Sxx irons for years and never was able to enjoy other brands that were so rounded.

They certainly offer unlimited weighting options, but they are butt ugly.
The website lists the standard head weight of these putters to be approximately 380 grams. I could not find any information about the lightest possible head weight available.

Wasn't implying Spider and this one look alike - simply that there are putters out there that some people go all Swifty on them.

This is mine - uglyish; but I make everything, so all my 'pretty' putters are in the closet.

View attachment 9238220View attachment 9238221
If i had an ugly putter that worked I’d use it too! I’m afraid a lot of people don’t get fit (including me, but I’m hoping to fix that) and won’t get past the look.

I figured lines/sharp edges would be the main factor. I am similar...from art to putters...the sharper edges appeal more to me. I played Ping Sxx irons for years and never was able to enjoy other brands that were so rounded.
That's what kept me from putting GI irons in the bag for so long, as well. I loved the clean lines of the Bridgestone irons I played for years that I was hesitant to switch it up.

I've learned to really not care about aesthetics anymore. We talked about it in the LAB putter thread, I think they are ATROCIOUS looking, but if it works well it would be in the bag in a minute. Currently rolling a Jailbird, there is nothing pretty about that putter in it's versa form, at all, but there it sits in the bag and drops the putts when I need it to. If it works, it works, regardless of what it looks like.

If i had an ugly putter that worked I’d use it too! I’m afraid a lot of people don’t get fit (including me, but I’m hoping to fix that) and won’t get past the look.
9 times out of 10, it's always about the look. It's a hard thing to overcome. I get it though, we want something visually pleasing when we spend money on it.

But you call this one "freakin gorgeous": https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/edel-golf-–-array-putters.8959245/post-12086817

Seriously - what makes that gorgeous and these ones ugly? Do you like straight lines as opposed to rounding? Top downs look?
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the look of that Edel putter. I'm curious if folks like it because it is Edel vs some no-name brand. But then again everyone has their preferences. I don't exactly like the look of these putters, but I don't care so much about aesthetics. I just want something that gets the ball in the hole in the least amount of strokes.

They look like they're ready to plug into the back of a PC like a serial cable.

Back