Hot or cold

• Total voters
I had a couple of posts quoted and ready to go, but eventually didn't feel like diving into all of this "sturm und drang"!

Just how much diagreement can there be about maple syrup! Think about that!

My definition of real maple syrup is it coming from a tree.

but I’ve placed it in 55 gallon drums too.
When I think of "real", this pops to mind:
1667526588969.png
Grocery store syrup? Not the same. "Fancy" syrup, in a nice glass bottle, never had it lol.

When I think of "real", this pops to mind:
View attachment 9133187
Grocery store syrup? Not the same. "Fancy" syrup, in a nice glass bottle, never had it lol.
BEACAC17-9DCF-4A72-B370-0B7F0ADEBEF2.jpeg7A57ED1B-A9BA-438B-A8EB-A819954C1C69.jpegF4688F7A-1FD7-4D3B-909A-50A1B73ACC31.jpeg

if you think that last photo is weak… you are very very mistaken on what is great maple syrup.

Hot is better, but who's putting in that effort? I usually use it out of the fridge 😬
Ok.. who also keeps syrup in the fridge?

If you put syrup in the fridge you are a psychopath
But this is how I was raised. Have I been led astray, again?

Correct answer 🤝. I don’t want it hot, or cold, I just want it.
This is correct. Why are we arguing over something so delicious?

This is correct. Why are we arguing over something so delicious?
If this is an argument the LIv thread is a bare knicker fist fight by comparison. Lol

So you want maple syrup hot even though it comes out of the maple cold? You need to be more in tune with nature.

Definitely not cold but either hot or room temperature.

I enjoy it more hot, but usually just have it at room temp.

Warm.

You forgot one, warm. The 100% maple syrup we used is always warm, not hot or cold. Cold syrup is just to darn dense and too hot, well is too hot, ya gots to have it just right ;)

My wife keeps it in the fridge. She's from northern NY, so I assumed that's just what you do with real maple syrup.

Hot. Must be hot.

warm is great but room temp isn't going to stop me from eating some delicious pancakes, waffles or french toast

Hot if possible

Back