Marijuana On The Course

Do you know why some people buy weed? Damn, they mix it up with **** like cocaine. This happens when they don't feel high from pure substance.
Strangest 1st post ever???

When I'm retired and no longer subject to testing I very well may take a bong rip for fun before teeing off...who knows, Carl Spackler may have been on to something.

Do you know why some people buy weed? Damn, they mix it up with **** like cocaine. This happens when they don't feel high from pure substance.

So people buy weed because they want the cocaine that it’s mixed with?? I’m no scientist, but I feel like there are easier ways to scratch that itch?

No, No one buys weed for the cocaine.
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Today's weed isn't like the weed of my college days. If it was the weed of my college days, fine. A mild buzz probably wouldn't do much to affect my game other than relaxing me a bit. But this new stuff would have me zoning out watching the heat waves coming off the green after one hit. I'll stick with a Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Today's weed isn't like the weed of my college days. If it was the weed of my college days, fine. A mild buzz probably wouldn't do much to affect my game other than relaxing me a bit. But this new stuff would have me zoning out watching the heat waves coming off the green after one hit. I'll stick with a Mike's Hard Lemonade.
You do realize there are sometimes better ways.
they have 5mg edibles that won't make you zone out. just saying.
You are right it's not like the old days, It's better. You can shape the experience by choice of product.
Terpene profiles are much more important than total THC content in reality but too many people just shop the THC content.

I play on weekdays where most of the guys I play with are older, retired ex steel workers and blue collar guys. Legal pot is available just across 2 nearby state borders less than an hour away, but not legal in my state. I’ve been surprised by the number of these guys who regularly light up on the course. I’m seeing a lot more guys who smoke on the course than drink. My game is difficult enough as it is and playing under the influence doesn’t help at all. Even with as many guys using I never smell anything from other groups. I barely notice when the guys I’m playing with are using.

Back in the day, when I could beat my buddy readily, he found a way to level the playing field. If he got me high on the way to the course, I could not play as well as usual. A can or two of swing oil doesn't hurt, especially on the back nine, but no Mary Jane for me. Here in Ohio we are allowed to buy Delta 8 gummies. On occasion I will cut one in half and enjoy.

Interesting throwback thread to read. I grew up in southern Iowa where industrial hemp (“ditch weed”) was grown to make cloth, rope, cordage, canvas, etc. during WWI and II. Since most of the hemp grown was the male MJ plant, it had very low to negligible THC levels. To this day, there are humongous wild stands along ditches and railroad right-of-ways. My dad said that during the 1920s/30s/40s on the farm, they used to pick it, dry it, and smoke it since tobacco was in short supply. Dad said Grandma TLuke was always mellow and in good spirits. 😅 And when I was in school in the 60s/early 70s, we would laugh our arses off over the kids from the west and east coasts crossing through Iowa thinking they struck the mother lode. As far as legalization, it’s up to the voters. It’s one area where I welcome Federal/State intrusive noses to control THC levels and purity. There’s some serious sh$t from the far east, southeast Asia, and Mexico that ain’t your grandpa’s weed. I will go now and put on my bell bottoms, love beads, and listen to “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” ✌️

Back in the 70s and 80s I played with a bunch of smokers that would pull out joints as well as other things for the head in the first fairway. If you started winning holes they'd really try to get you bent. Stuff never made me play bad, hell I developed a reputation of it making me play even better.

Today's stuff makes me want to hide under the bed. :oops:

I've smoked/eaten pounds over the years, so I'm ambivalent to what anyone does on the golf course. Just don't be slow or endanger the rest of us. It is entertaining tho: couple of guys do a number say on 4, and they buy out the snack bar at the turn. lol

In MA it is legal and I never smell it on the course. and yes today's stuff is much more powerful than the grass in the 1980's. One hit and I am more than good, but I am a lightweight when it comes to that

In MA it is legal and I never smell it on the course. and yes today's stuff is much more powerful than the grass in the 1980's. One hit and I am more than good, but I am a lightweight when it comes to that
The Irony is that I can smoke every other hole and play but If I tried to Drink every other hole I would be done by the turn.

So here it’s illegal , and I’ve never , ever had a drug of any sort. Don’t see the need to .
on course not sure l could see a valid reason to take or smoke , it’s a game to relax and enjoy ? Surely it’s not that stressful ? Lol

You do realize there are sometimes better ways.
they have 5mg edibles that won't make you zone out. just saying.
You are right it's not like the old days, It's better. You can shape the experience by choice of product.
Terpene profiles are much more important than total THC content in reality but too many people just shop the THC content.

I'd grown weed the last couple of years but decided not to this year. The seeds a friend gave me a few years ago were potent compared to the stuff I smoked in the 70's, but mild compared to some of the strains available today.

I realized this when my nephew gave me some clones (clippings that grow roots and become new plants) of a particularly potent strain. Everything was different about the buzz - not just how strong it was but in the way I was able to focus and how much energy I had.

For me, it all comes down to trying to remain mentally sharp -both in the present and as I age. Neither pot nor alcohol are going to help me in that regard. It's very rare and in very small doses when I do either and I have to know I'm not going out. It's irresponsible to drive a motor vehicle while under the influence of either, IMO.

The Irony is that I can smoke every other hole and play but If I tried to Drink every other hole I would be done by the turn.
Same here. I dont really drink much at all though.

Back