Marvel Studios’ Loki

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking forward to watching this! But I’m not big into the Marvel universe. Will this be an issue in following the show? Any thoughts or advice before I dive in?

I am so excited for it! I want to binge it though. As much as I want to watch it tonight I will hold off for this weekend.

Watched it tonight. Really good! Enjoyed it

They usually provide something like @Tywithay said they did. They think these things through. It's big money. So they'll probably give you enough to be able to follow it on its own, but there's always more to know/see. Ultimately, if it's any good, it should make your want to watch the rest of the Marvel stuff!

Reallllly excited for this one.

I watched it this afternoon. I didn't follow any of the promo stuff so I had no idea what to expect. It is going to be very good and I suspect leads to a major tie in to future movies just based on the first episode alone and knowing what movies are coming in the next couple of years. I think this will be better than Flacon and Winter Soldier but I'm not sure if it will be as good as Wandavision. it has a chance. I believe this series was originally scheduled to air first before Wandavision (I could be wrong) so maybe there is a possible tie in depending on where this goes.

Worth it to watch falcon and winter soldier first?

I watched it this afternoon. I didn't follow any of the promo stuff so I had no idea what to expect. It is going to be very good and I suspect leads to a major tie in to future movies just based on the first episode alone and knowing what movies are coming in the next couple of years. I think this will be better than Flacon and Winter Soldier but I'm not sure if it will be as good as Wandavision. it has a chance. I believe this series was originally scheduled to air first before Wandavision (I could be wrong) so maybe there is a possible tie in depending on where this goes.
I think its supposed to be the real introduction to the multiverse to set up for the next Dr Strange movie.

I am so excited for it! I want to binge it though. As much as I want to watch it tonight I will hold off for this weekend.
I try to wait for these to play out, then watch them all at once.

I think its supposed to be the real introduction to the multiverse to set up for the next Dr Strange movie.
That’s what it appears. I didn’t want to say too much but it becomes pretty obvious in this episode that it seems that is where it is headed.

Really enjoyed the first episode. Think it is well written with a lot of world building for the TVA. Having incredibly charming leads in Hiddleston and Wilson really helps, but then they have some other actors that are really good (Eugene Cordero is so funny).

I have seen all the marvel movies and shows at least once (including all of Agents of shield and even the first couple episodes of Inhumans) and I think you could get a good idea without watching them but there are fun details for those that have.

This plus Wandavision I think are going to lead into what phase 4 is with multiverse of madness and Spiderman No way Home. Don't think it is a coincidence that a multiverse is being discussed and we have seen J Jonah Jameson from previous spider-man franchises and will be seeing doc oc and Electro also from previous Spider-Man iterations....

Worth it to watch falcon and winter soldier first?
Doesn't tie in at all to Loki. At least it didn't at all in the first episode. Falcon and Winter soldier was a good series, but Loki didn't tie in.

Doesn't tie in at all to Loki. At least it didn't at all in the first episode. Falcon and Winter soldier was a good series, but Loki didn't tie in.
Loki is essentially set in 2012, too, assuming the start and end will be at the same place on the timeline after everything is said and done.

The real question is will we get one of these:

Still only going to get one episode. Disney is releasing one a week, on Wednesdays.

Another Marvel thing? I don't mean to sound edgy or anything, but I'm over anything and everything Marvel for now. It was right around when Thermos or whatever the name of Grape Ape went and just vaporized half of everyone... I stopped there and haven't seen any since. Thermos and Capt Marvel being all girl power "watch this boys" kind of turned me off of the universe... and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 being lame only added to my Marvel exhaustion.

But I hope y'all enjoy the Loki thing. Tv show or movie...(y)(y)

I enjoyed the first episode. Will be interesting where this one goes after watching the other two series.

Another Marvel thing? I don't mean to sound edgy or anything, but I'm over anything and everything Marvel for now. It was right around when Thermos or whatever the name of Grape Ape went and just vaporized half of everyone... I stopped there and haven't seen any since. Thermos and Capt Marvel being all girl power "watch this boys" kind of turned me off of the universe... and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 being lame only added to my Marvel exhaustion.

But I hope y'all enjoy the Loki thing. Tv show or movie...(y)(y)

I liked it but me and my wife were plenty confused. We have enjoyed all the Marvel stuff on Disney and look forward to more.

The retro sci fi set and artwork for those panning shots were amazing. I absolutely love that vibe.
The plot and the build, I have a lot of general marvel things to catch up on, but it blends nicely into the MCU as usual. Curious to see where it goes!

Finally watched the first episode. Highly entertaining! Wife wasn’t as into it, but I didn’t feel like I was missing anything having very little knowledge of the Marvel universe. Will definitely be watching new episodes each week.

Episode 4 turned things up abruptly. Wow. Looking forward to last couple episodes.

The people at Marvel really know how to do the whimsical comic book universe. The three TV shows Wandavision, FAWS, and Loki have all been very good and it’s like watching an extended version of a stand-alone movie. Loki has been fun and I am curious how this will all tie up and then run into the movieverse coming over the next couple of years.

Back