Mcdonalds blender to the face. Deserved or not?

The world would be a better place if more people got hit in the face with a blender.

I said it. :p

I couldn't agree more. We have become a soft, litigious, entitled society. The woman and the employee are both in the wrong. If one of my kids threw food at an employee like that and got a scar on their face because of it, I certainly wouldn't press charges. The scar would be a good reminder to not act like such a fool next time. I have a couple of scars and a chronic knee issue that have all taught me lessons.:)

Over $1M for sure. Just wait.
You think? I was thinking I'd love to have these facts as a defense attorney. Not that they bar her recovery of course, but you could sure must the waters.

And to think I got in huge crap back when I worked at KFC for refusing to give a thief the money in the register.

I guess the real question here is what constitutes a violent act? If someone throws a cold big mac at me I'm pissed off, but in no way am I in any danger. This lady is gonna get PAID.

And to think I got in huge crap back when I worked at KFC for refusing to give a thief the money in the register.

I guess the real question here is what constitutes a violent act? If someone throws a cold big mac at me I'm pissed off, but in no way am I in any danger. This lady is gonna get PAID.
That's funny. I had something similar happen when I was 17, but it had to do with restraining a shoplifter.

It's such a soft society nowadays. Unfortunately, this woman will get paid, and probably paid well for this. Settled out of court of course. Free happy meals fo life y'all!

Yeah, I didn't like that... but at the same time, 20+ minutes? We all have a tipping point. The fact that four kids are sitting in the car and she even waited that long is surprising.

My wife? She'd be on the phone with McDonalds. She's a fireball. No food throwing though.

My wife is an expert at those phone calls and letters. I can't count how many Travel credit vouchers we've received from Delta Airlines from their screw-ups, lol! We will be getting one from our flight from Florida this last Sunday I'm sure.

It was a different time but in 1989 I got in a little bit of trouble for tackling a guy in the parking lot who had stolen a car amp off our demo wall when I worked at Best Buy. We restrained him until the cops came but corporate HR scolded me. He had been busted 6 other times for robbery.

You think? I was thinking I'd love to have these facts as a defense attorney. Not that they bar her recovery of course, but you could sure must the waters.
I tend to agree. Self defense as an affirmative defense. McD's will claim throwing the blender wasn't in the furtherance of their interests (i.e., not liable). She will get paid but I might think an amount that's a multiple of a nuisance settlement rather than a big payday.

I tend to agree. Self defense as an affirmative defense. McD's will claim throwing the blender wasn't in the furtherance of their interests (i.e., not liable). She will get paid but I might think an amount that's a multiple of a nuisance settlement rather than a big payday.
I'd like to see what her meds are. Surgery for the face, but probably not much else. ER and hospital bills. No long term stuff, no permanent disability.

I think I’d take a blender to the face of it meant getting a million bucks. I’d draw the line at a hot pot of coffee.

A manager at a Taco Bell in town got doused with gas and set on fire this evening.

I'd rather have the blender to the face.

A manager at a Taco Bell in town got doused with gas and set on fire this evening.

I'd rather have the blender to the face.

The stories that come out of Florida...

Coming from a restaurant life i get her being frustrated with the waiting and being ignored. It sucks, it happens, some people will avoid confrontation at all costs. But.....the minute someone wants to get rowdy or physical and get upset when you get more in return than you’d ever expect is given their due. No different if you run your mouth and push the wrong person and they rare back and knock you down. Don’t get cocky and cry when you get whipped

I’ve got some great stories best shared over some cocktails that involve situations just like this and a lot more like it.

She got what she deserved. my question is this, why was there a blender behind the counter? I mean it was a household blender, what tasty item are they making with that? Oh and.....

xFzi3Rnhdp8tM4JTA

ron.gif

BREAKING NEWS!! McDonald's spokesman Ronald broke his silence on the matter. "Don't bring a happy meal to a blender fight"

I’m curious who released this video, I assume McDonald’s as it is from their security camera. If so, I wouldn’t have called the release the smartest move to do.

Despite the customer’s behaviour, the blender toss went over the line. I can see this costing McDonald’s a chunk of cash and loss of job for manager and maybe employee who released video. I would think the out of court settlement will include some provision for the public embarrassment by releasing the video.

I’m no lawyer but customer service 101 teaches you how to handle these situations. The whole situation is just plain poor customer service.

I think she crossed the line but the broken face is too much.

Lol and how stupid. My local McD’s has forgotten about me sitting in the “hey I’m waiting” line many times. I’d expect someone to lay me out (if they could) for throwing crap at them. Ridiculous.

I don’t know what she said but even as a service manager you don’t throw stuff at anyone. Just dumb. I don’t run a fast food restaurant but I’ve grabbed an elbow and led someone out “whispering” in their ear. Worst case was someone threw my head into a door jam. They were and had been stealing from me for a long time. I just reacted and laid that person out. Huge difference though. That was a “woman” and I had a bigger than me (hard to think) guy slam my head into the corner of that door.

I don’t know what to think. I can’t read lips.

This lady's going to be getting a big payday I'd reckon.

I think the question would be, is getting a blender the the face worth it? I suppose it

depends on the dollar amount.

Ffffffff man.

I just damn near died in a car crash. I’d take 12.00 and I’d settle it. **** happens. Just stupid thinking people thinking there is a payday around every corner. If someone would have Walking Dead style blended her eye into her skull, maybe??!?

Honestly anyone that’s worked any form of retail in a management capacity for more than a couple years, they’ve had worse than that done to them. I had my head smashed into a metal door corner. Did I b*tch? No. I kicked that f’ers ass and held him down until the cops got there, lol. Unprovoked it’s inexcusable. If taken out of context, (I’m not saying it is) it happens.

As in the above example,
No question it inflicted serious damage. But lethal?
Let me ask you this. If I slap your family. Are you allowed to use major force despite not any real harm taking place outside of a small slap?
While I am not comparing those two things, or in any way condoning the behavior of throwing a blender, no violence of any action occurs, until this lady provoked it, right?

Should she get a windfall because of that? Being made whole I can see. But a windfall for provoking violence with violence? The news pieces, showing her wounds, etc are all setup by her representation to make sure this goes away quickly with a check.

I once chunked a golf ball at you, and you didn’t throw a blender at me thank goodness. Of course I’d have been shocked if you had a blender in your cart.... or perhaps not:)

I know! It's just one of the many awesome features!

I do the same thing, as evidenced by above. I just never know what I’m going to respond to. I read a thread and see something I want to respond to, and I respond to it. Some threads, no responses. Some threads lots of responses.

But I will keep it in mind for sure.

Back