MGI Zip Navigator AT, All Terrain Electric Golf Cart Bundle

1. The remote is not really big, but there is a spot for it right below the handle, I was sticking it on my belt at first and the started putting it in the clip under handle and just not "clicking" it in when i made a shot, It was too easy to start that habit and its just fine.

2. Cant say if it will fit in your car with two bags since you do not say what kind of car it is, and really, i'm not going to run out and find one and measure. I will however say, that FOLDED DIMENSIONS (INVERTED REAR WHEELS): 27.55' x 18.5' x 16.5' INCHES. You can take the back tires off in 10 seconds or less.

3. one click of the back tires on each side and its a push cart.

4. I have used a Staff bag on mine with no issues. With all my gear, and a couple of gatorades. Not sure how much beer it takes to play 18 holes, I don't imbibe. But i bet it will carry a 12 pack with no issues.

Four q's

1. The remote looks a bit big. Is it bulky if you keep it in your pocket?
2. The trunk of my car is smaller than I would like. Two golf bags fit diagonally without drivers and if I really stuff things in there I can get 3 but it will barely close. I suspect I won't be able to fit 2 bags and the Zip. Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking for travel purposes since I've been trying to play new courses in the N.E. area.
3. How hard is it to push around if the battery dies?
4. How does it handle weight? I have a beautiful leather staff bag formerly from Padraig Harrington that's stunning and I'd love to be able to use it on course but it's significantly heavier than my Taylormade FlexTech Crossover. Can the Zip handle the staff bag with a 12-pack and my usual assortment of stuff? I'll never hear the end of it if the Zip doesn't carry the beers instead of my buddies.

I'm on the edge of getting a push cart or this bad boy and need a few more good excuses to splurge:ROFLMAO:

1) Perhaps but I made a modification so I don't put it in my pocket or use the lock feature. I attached a quick release from my Garmin GPS dog collar so when I don't leave the remote on the cart, I clip it back near my left hip where it's not in the way and there's no chance of accidentally hitting a control button.

2) Don't know what to say and don't know what car you're driving. If it's a small sports car then yeah, you might be challenged in transporting it but I'm sure the folded dimensions are available on line.

3) The battery won't die. After 18 holes, mine still reads fully charged. If there was a malfunction, the wheels can be locked into a free-wheeling groove and the cart pushes fairly easily.

4) Mine is loaded down with a large cart bag, a ton of gear and balls as well as the cooler attachment I made full of drinks and block ice. Weight is simply no issue at all. I think you could just about ride the darned thing if it had a seat! I've enjoyed bringing along and handing out icy cold drinks to my buds. Here's my rig and again, the weight has been no issue at all.

Xj4zXBz.jpg

This machine has been life changing. My new normal is to freely walk along like a tour pro with a caddy. I can't recommend it highly enough.

1) Perhaps but I made a modification so I don't put it in my pocket or use the lock feature. I attached a quick release from my Garmin GPS dog collar so when I don't leave the remote on the cart, I clip it back near my left hip where it's not in the way and there's no chance of accidentally hitting a control button.

2) Don't know what to say and don't know what car you're driving. If it's a small sports car then yeah, you might be challenged in transporting it but I'm sure the folded dimensions are available on line.

3) The battery won't die. After 18 holes, mine still reads fully charged. If there was a malfunction, the wheels can be locked into a free-wheeling groove and the cart pushes fairly easily.

4) Mine is loaded down with a large cart bag, a ton of gear and balls as well as the cooler attachment I made full of drinks and block ice. Weight is simply no issue at all. I think you could just about ride the darned thing if it had a seat! I've enjoyed bringing along and handing out icy cold drinks to my buds. Here's my rig and again, the weight has been no issue at all.

Xj4zXBz.jpg

This machine has been life changing. My new normal is to freely walk along like a tour pro with a caddy. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I pulled the trigger. Worst comes to worst I'll return it. Costco is awesome with that. I looked up the dimensions and it turns out that it folds down smaller than the push carts I've been looking at. Solves that problem. I get the 36 holes thing but I guess I was also thinking along the lines of malfunctions. The what if scenario. I know it has the dual channels for the wheels, but I guess it was more a question of how hard is it to lug around the 30+ lbs or so or does it free-wheel decently.

I saw the posts about the GPS slot, very nicely done with a solid setup. I also like the idea of the little cooler and I'm sure it helps keep the center of gravity low. One of the reviews I hunted down online had the tester riding it as a joke--- so, yes, you can!

I pulled the trigger. Worst comes to worst I'll return it. Costco is awesome with that. I looked up the dimensions and it turns out that it folds down smaller than the push carts I've been looking at. Solves that problem. I get the 36 holes thing but I guess I was also thinking along the lines of malfunctions. The what if scenario. I know it has the dual channels for the wheels, but I guess it was more a question of how hard is it to lug around the 30+ lbs or so or does it free-wheel decently.

I saw the posts about the GPS slot, very nicely done with a solid setup. I also like the idea of the little cooler and I'm sure it helps keep the center of gravity low. One of the reviews I hunted down online had the tester riding it as a joke--- so, yes, you can!

So pleased for you. I await your review but I already know that you're going to be amazed!

I got mine through Costco also, but its not going back...lol

Anyone have a tough time cleaning this thing? I don't think I've ever tracked so much dirt and clippings in my car. I'm lucky I had a brush in the trunk.

Anyone have a tough time cleaning this thing? I don't think I've ever tracked so much dirt and clippings in my car. I'm lucky I had a brush in the trunk.

If it is really dirty or I have goose **** on the wheels, I take it to the back shop and spray it down. Have to be careful not to get too much water on the battery connection.

I keep a hand brush in the back of the truck. I clean it off a bit before i put it in. When get home it goes straight in the garage unless i have to use a wet brush on the tires.

Just an occasional wipe down with a damp cloth seems to work for me.

Yes, especially after early morning wet rounds. I usually carefully spray it down avoiding electronics area and then use microfiber cloth soaked in Simple Green. I have also tried some products to renew the black plastic that gets dull looking. Some of it works but tends to attract dust/dirt too easily the next time out. On AT I sometimes remove the front wheels to clean. Always looking for tips for easier methods to clean and keep clean.

Yes, especially after early morning wet rounds. I usually carefully spray it down avoiding electronics area and then use microfiber cloth soaked in Simple Green. I have also tried some products to renew the black plastic that gets dull looking. Some of it works but tends to attract dust/dirt too easily the next time out. On AT I sometimes remove the front wheels to clean. Always looking for tips for easier methods to clean and keep clean.

A long bristle brush was good to get the major grass off the wheels and base. The rest came off with a quick wipe down after it dried off. I saw someone use an Ikea bag for their clicgear I think it would work perfectly since the bag MGI provides is near useless.

Sadly, I think this buggy is getting returned. I played a full 18 at Bethpage Green (runs parallel/ around the Black) and it performed admirably. Some thoughts:

- no issues with hills up or down. I put it through extreme testing on one hill/elevated tee box that literally had a sign telling people to walk around it (steep). It wheelied for a bit on the safety wheel and kept going. I made it halfway up when it finally struggled because the wheels were alternately slipping and catching which pitched the whole thing side to side. A simple finger or two tilting the handlebars forward kept it moving along and upright just fine. Zero issues on the way down, just make sure you're at a low speed and it will regulate itself.
- Weight is no issue. Loaded it full of extra clubs, balls, and drinks to see just how packed out I could get my bag and it didn't even hesitate.
- Tracking and range is PHENOMENAL. Easily over 100y and it was just as responsive.
- Storage isn't as bad as I expected. It folds down pretty nicely although I'm not a huge fan of the two front wheels that dangle around and don't lock in place. The MGI bag they give you with the buggy is a throw-away.
- Battery is excellent. It's still showing a full charge after 27 holes. Not sure how, but it is.
- Stand bags are not your friend. I had to constantly readjust mine for peace of mind. I also am not a huge fan of the adjustment mechanism on the top strap. It doesn't inspire confidence that your bag is locked in. No adjustment on the bottom strap is a bit of an oversight as well. There were a few occasions where an errant dip in the grass caused the bag to shift enough to pop out.
- Be careful parking it on a hill. I left it on a cart path intentionally an few times and caught it slipping down the slope twice.

Overall it's just a bit too much of an expense to justify. I can literally buy a brand new driver (not needed), the Bettinardi I've been eyeing (not needed), and a really nice push cart for the same price. It's great not to have to carry especially after playing 18 earlier that day, but for now I think I can manage without it. Nice little product, but I can put the cash elsewhere!

A long bristle brush was good to get the major grass off the wheels and base. The rest came off with a quick wipe down after it dried off. I saw someone use an Ikea bag for their clicgear I think it would work perfectly since the bag MGI provides is near useless.

Sadly, I think this buggy is getting returned. I played a full 18 at Bethpage Green (runs parallel/ around the Black) and it performed admirably. Some thoughts:

- no issues with hills up or down. I put it through extreme testing on one hill/elevated tee box that literally had a sign telling people to walk around it (steep). It wheelied for a bit on the safety wheel and kept going. I made it halfway up when it finally struggled because the wheels were alternately slipping and catching which pitched the whole thing side to side. A simple finger or two tilting the handlebars forward kept it moving along and upright just fine. Zero issues on the way down, just make sure you're at a low speed and it will regulate itself.
- Weight is no issue. Loaded it full of extra clubs, balls, and drinks to see just how packed out I could get my bag and it didn't even hesitate.
- Tracking and range is PHENOMENAL. Easily over 100y and it was just as responsive.
- Storage isn't as bad as I expected. It folds down pretty nicely although I'm not a huge fan of the two front wheels that dangle around and don't lock in place. The MGI bag they give you with the buggy is a throw-away.
- Battery is excellent. It's still showing a full charge after 27 holes. Not sure how, but it is.
- Stand bags are not your friend. I had to constantly readjust mine for peace of mind. I also am not a huge fan of the adjustment mechanism on the top strap. It doesn't inspire confidence that your bag is locked in. No adjustment on the bottom strap is a bit of an oversight as well. There were a few occasions where an errant dip in the grass caused the bag to shift enough to pop out.
- Be careful parking it on a hill. I left it on a cart path intentionally an few times and caught it slipping down the slope twice.

Overall it's just a bit too much of an expense to justify. I can literally buy a brand new driver (not needed), the Bettinardi I've been eyeing (not needed), and a really nice push cart for the same price. It's great not to have to carry especially after playing 18 earlier that day, but for now I think I can manage without it. Nice little product, but I can put the cash elsewhere!

I also am not a huge fan of the adjustment mechanism on the top strap. It doesn't inspire confidence that your bag is locked in. No adjustment on the bottom strap is a bit of an oversight as well. There were a few occasions where an errant dip in the grass caused the bag to shift enough to pop out.

Agreed that the strap system leaves much to be desired. I solved all of it by using a pair of zip ties each round. The handle slot at the top of my Sun Mountain c-130 straps smartly to the hole in the support housing. zip, zip and it rides securely the entire round wth no chance of shifting.

Last edited:
I also am not a huge fan of the adjustment mechanism on the top strap. It doesn't inspire confidence that your bag is locked in. No adjustment on the bottom strap is a bit of an oversight as well. There were a few occasions where an errant dip in the grass caused the bag to shift enough to pop out.

Agreed that the strap system leaves much to be desired. I solved all of it by using a pair of zip ties each round. The handle slot at the top of my Sun Mountain c-130 straps smartly to the hole in the support housing. zip, zip and it rides securely the entire round wth no chance of shifting.
Nice thinking. I can probably get this to work really well with the staff bag I have but then I'm absolutely nuking any semblance of portability. I'd likely need to put it in my back seat instead of the trunk.

Love this more and more every time i go play. Even in the Texas heat, walking 18 is not an issue, I am not pushing, pulling just strolling along behind the cart that carry all my stuff

Last edited:
In order to reduce wheelieing, I placed a 5lb lead brick in the bottom front pocket of my Sun Mountain cart bag. It made a big difference but I was worried that it may wear out the bottom of the bag so this week I painted it and bolted it underneath the frame in the front. It's now permanently attached. My Zip almost never does a wheelie now.

YXhq3Cy.jpg

LNem8dq.jpg

kAaRnXu.jpg

In order to reduce wheelieing, I placed a 5lb lead brick in the bottom front pocket of my Sun Mountain cart bag. It made a big difference but I was worried that it may wear out the bottom of the bag so this week I painted it and bolted it underneath the frame in the front. It's now permanently attached. My Zip almost never does a wheelie now.

YXhq3Cy.jpg

LNem8dq.jpg

kAaRnXu.jpg
That is pretty good thinking. Do you have any concerns about the extra weight on the front wheels supports?

YXhq3Cy.jpg

LNem8dq.jpg

kAaRnXu.jpg

I have considered adding a "weight" to mine. I love the cooler box idea from @NEhomer as i can see the lower center of gravity helping in this issue

I have considered adding a "weight" to mine. I love the cooler box idea from @NEhomer as i can see the lower center of gravity helping in this issue

Oh absolutely. When I have the cooler with drinks and block ice low and centered in combination with the counterweight. It's particulalry grounded and doesn't wheelie even on very steep grades.

Got another happy Kaddymart customer here! It was delivered yesterday with 2 miles on it. I took it out for quick 9 holes this afternoon. It was a lot of fun! It was as close as I've ever been to having a real caddy...if that makes sense.

Two friends that I frequently play with have recently bought this model.

I played alongside one of the guys a week ago, shortly after another heavy rain, and the trolley performed very well in the wet grass. I was highly impressed with the unit and how well it handled the terrain of our course, especially since I was pushing my ClicGear up and down the steep, wet hills.

The other guy was out late yesterday, along with his wife, test driving his new trolley and getting accustomed to its features, the remote control, etc. They had just walked some of the more up/down holes on our course and said there had been no problems with stability, due to the stabilizer wheels on the back side of the trolley. They then showed me "it can even do wheelies," lol.

They showed me the remote control and explained its simplicity, then let me test drive it for a few minutes. I must say, it's pretty darn sweet. I can see how one of these would be a huge relief to my shoulders when walking 18 or more.

I still haven't seen a Motocaddy unit at our course but hope to find one somewhere to see/test before pulling the trigger on an electric trolley.

Two friends that I frequently play with have recently bought this model.

I played alongside one of the guys a week ago, shortly after another heavy rain, and the trolley performed very well in the wet grass. I was highly impressed with the unit and how well it handled the terrain of our course, especially since I was pushing my ClicGear up and down the steep, wet hills.

The other guy was out late yesterday, along with his wife, test driving his new trolley and getting accustomed to its features, the remote control, etc. They had just walked some of the more up/down holes on our course and said there had been no problems with stability, due to the stabilizer wheels on the back side of the trolley. They then showed me "it can even do wheelies," lol.

They showed me the remote control and explained its simplicity, then let me test drive it for a few minutes. I must say, it's pretty darn sweet. I can see how one of these would be a huge relief to my shoulders when walking 18 or more.

I still haven't seen a Motocaddy unit at our course but hope to find one somewhere to see/test before pulling the trigger on an electric trolley.
Pretty cool that you where able to play with it a few minutes and kinda have a hands on idea. With the Budget Golf deal good until the end off the year it seems like this will be the way to go.
Would love to have a Stewart Q follow, but that is huge $$'s

Pretty cool that you where able to play with it a few minutes and kinda have a hands on idea. With the Budget Golf deal good until the end off the year it seems like this will be the way to go.
Would love to have a Stewart Q follow, but that is huge $$'s
We had the Club Car version of a follow cart at the club this summer for testing. That thing was so aggravating that it killed my desire for a follow cart. I’m sure the Stewart Q is WAY better but, thankfully, I’m no longer tempted to spend even more.

My good buddy just bought a Zip and loves it. Truly, from all I've read, I don't think you could go wrong with the Moto or the Zip. They're practically identical.

Hey in the Moto thread some folks are reporting that they've had issues with their cart randomly stopping. I've never had anything like that happen with my Zip.

Has anyone else had issues like that?

Back