Miyazaki C Kua 39R flex code 5212

thecolonel

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone got this or used before in a driver?

I've had a C Kua 39g (6424 flex code - in a Cleveland Launcher SL290) 5 years ago and was OK at the time. But I'm getting slower (82mph now, down from 89mph)

Concerned this shaft might be a bit too whippy? I'm not exactly famed for my ball striking skills but I'm a pretty straight hitter, and Boy do I need to be!Bit of a puller sometimes, neither slice nor draw, either straight or straight into left semi

Unfortunately I'm not able to try it first, it has no adapter and the shop don't seem to want to assist so I'd have to take the risk

Ideally looking to compare it to current shaft (Aldila Synergy 50R) but they don't do flex codes

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
9fbf053442c7f5fcebb9a5fd0ebbbbea.jpg

These are great shafts in my experience. While I have not tried this specific one I have had several others and enjoyed my time with them. Not sure what the price is but would not think they could be asking too much.

It's really easy to overthink the flex code, but I love that they have it on their shafts.

firmer in the handle is a smart play - probably fits a lot of golfers.. Then soft for the rest of the shaft is going to create that responsiveness and support launch for you, if that's what you're looking for.

Hard to say if it'll be better than the Synergy. What do you like or dislike about it?

It's really easy to overthink the flex code, but I love that they have it on their shafts.

firmer in the handle is a smart play - probably fits a lot of golfers.. Then soft for the rest of the shaft is going to create that responsiveness and support launch for you, if that's what you're looking for.

Hard to say if it'll be better than the Synergy. What do you like or dislike about it?
Good question. I should've said really

Just too many poor contact drives.

Actually the first time I got the club I played 9 holes with it and hated it!! Lots of heel strikes and awful ball flight.

But I gave it another go and I definitely improved and that's 2 years now! But last 6 months have been very poor.

Just don't think it's suits my ever slowing swing speed. Doesn't launch high enough. Yes, have adjusted lofts but doesn't make a huge difference

Softer shaft will launch higher. Should spin more , which should keep the ball straighter, and not want to dive out of the sky.

My big worry with going to a softer shaft is the left /pull shot

Anyone know of a website that compares one shaft with another??

Thanks

The Miyazaki model is a very good shaft, but in my experience the Aldila Synergy Regular is better in feel and performance than the Miyazaki from my driver experience. Aldila feels a bit softer and for me, launches a bit lower.

The Miyazaki model is a very good shaft, but in my experience the Aldila Synergy Regular is better in feel and performance than the Miyazaki from my driver experience. Aldila feels a bit softer and for me, launches a bit lower.
Tested today

I preferred the Miyazaki C kua R (5212) over the Aldila synergy 50R

Better ball flight, slightly higher
Better contact, ball stayed in air longer

To test it, I switched back to Aldila and the heel strikes came back

Would really appreciate feedback on COST of these shafts.

If these shafts were broken, what would the new replacement costs be?

I have a hunch the Aldila is more expensive?

All comments appreciated

Cheers

Back