Mizuno JPX-EZ or Adams Idea?

Masonicus

Bunker Archaeologist
Reaction score
Handicap
OMG
So I am looking to retire my a12OS set and am trying to decide between Mizuno JPX-EZ or Adams Idea. I have no way to test these sets out so any feedback would be helpful.

I would also consider the Cleveland Altitude's. Most comparison's I've read between them and the Idea's have gone in favor of the Altitude's.

I'd pick the JPX EZ but I'm not a fan of either the ideas or altitudes, they just look clunky to me, I've hit them,but don't care for them, I want my irons to look like irons

Mizuno EZ without a doubt, they are so easy to hit and are long, i changed to a set earlier this season from AP2s and for me the game is now easier!!...although mine are for sale 4-GW as iv won a set of 850s....lol

New 850s deserve a look. I know on the 825s they were just as forgiving and IMO a better club than the ez

I was not a huge fan of either, and have both. If I had to choose between the two it would be the Adams and it wouldn't be close.

As far as Adams irons go the CB3s have treated me well.

I love my Mizzy EZs. For me the Adams were not even close. A couple that were real close were the Callaway Xhot and X2hots, and the Mizzy 800 HD. All provide me with very high launches and very forgiving across the face.

The problem a lot of folks have with the EZs is concerned the finish will not hold up. Has not been an issue for me. You can tell they are not new as with any club, but have a nice patina to them. If that is an issue or you just prefer a more chrome look try the Mizuno 800 HD. It is the precursor to the EZs, and very similar in most respects. You can also probably get a good deal on a set.

It's a quandary! My miss is always towards the toe making the idea set a strong contender but I'm not a fan of the cosmetics. I've heard good things about the large sweet spot on the JPX-EZ but the finish will wear and drive me nuts...leaning towards the Adams due to the lower price though.

I would also consider the Cleveland Altitude's. Most comparison's I've read between them and the Idea's have gone in favor of the Altitude's.

I tried my buddy's set of Altitudes, Loved the feel but I didn't get the same high launch I was getting from my a12OS set.

I tried my buddy's set of Altitudes, Loved the feel but I didn't get the same high launch I was getting from my a12OS set.
Interesting. Wad it off grass or mats out of curiosity.

Interesting. Wad it off grass or mats out of curiosity.

Grass. I am a picker not a digger though...don't know if that was a factor.

Grass. I am a picker not a digger though...don't know if that was a factor.

Could be. Reason I ask is that sometimes on mats, we have the ability to pinch the ball better or have better correction catching one heavy if that makes sense.

I'll probably keep my eyes peeled for an end of season sale and go with the ideas.

Hit the Ideas. I loved the hollow body transition club, but didn't like the hybrids at all. Those were deal breakers.

I play and prefer the Altitudes. I'm a picker, but have no issue with the graphite shafted ones.

A wild card is the second gen Razr HLs. They have the hollow transition irons like the Altitudes or Ideas. They also have better hybrids up at the top than the Ideas.

Back