Mizuno MP-5 - THP Review Thread

Out of curiosity how different would the MP 5 be from the older MP 68 irons?

Well the bad news and the ugly news.

I don't have any business swinging a Lamborghini model Mizuno MP-5.

Talk about ugly.

Hell. I couldn't even hit the MP-25 straight.

God bless all the Blade runners on THP. I can only sit on the side lines and drool.

The best looking Chromed out Bedazzled Jewelry on the golf club market.

I was so depressed I went on Ebay hoping to soften my pain with a frivolous purchase of golf accessories.

Big. Mistake. Won't you know it. The MP-5's have already landed on the market. In Excellent condition.

Pray for me. I must resist the pull of the sirens. But at close to 50% off retail, I am not sure how long can I hold out.

Please remind me. I am hopelessly in love with a club that will only break my heart.

I must resist....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

684cc1afcfe583934b3ffdc3dc38c712.jpg

825aded70acd14824a01067ca498d0d5.jpg

Resistance is futile

My new bedfellows 4-PW Mizuno MP -5 irons with the KBS Tour 120 Shafts.

I will be polishing chrome for a long time.

So you bought them? Or you already had them?
Just found them on my door steps after they had fallen off a truck.

You know what I'm saying Paulie

Pass the bread I ready to spread some butter....

Soft feel isn't even fair. But mishit it a hair and. BAM. The rattle snake will bit your hands off. Sharp precise vibration. Toey. Heel shot. A little bit of the low side.

BOM. Perfection. Precise straight. Dead on target. No tail.

Only could hit one out of every ten shots perfect. With a 9 Iron. But. Each one was pure joy.

Do they require a lot of practice. Your dam right they do.

Is the risk worth the rewards. You better believe.

No wonder Luke Donald is always smiling.

You couldn't wipe my smile off my face each time I hit the sweet spot.

Mizuno MP -5's.

Like climbing Everest. Worth every step. Inch by inch all the way to the top of Paradise.

Honeymoon period in full bloom.

Guess what. Even the pitching wedge can leave your fingers blistered and bruised.

Dam Blades require special permits to drive.

Hitting the 4 iron better and better every day. Don't have my usual distance but that may only be a matter of time.

Went to golf town tonight, had the guy tape up the 6 iron for me..

Love them, who wants to buy a almost like new set of 714ap2? They are going up on the market!

Flush after flush 6 iron! The feel is amazing. The PW is a little more rounded then I like but I could get a vokey to replace it.

I am a 0.2 hcp. Hit it long. Putting is my weakness. These are right up my alley.

Went to golf town tonight, had the guy tape up the 6 iron for me..

Love them, who wants to buy a almost like new set of 714ap2? They are going up on the market!

Flush after flush 6 iron! The feel is amazing. The PW is a little more rounded then I like but I could get a vokey to replace it.

I am a 0.2 hcp. Hit it long. Putting is my weakness. These are right up my alley.

Any comments on the forgiveness versus a MP-4 like blade. Mizuno claims Cavity Back Player's iron forgiveness. But I'm really not able to determine how true this claim might be.

Any comments on the forgiveness versus a MP-4 like blade. Mizuno claims Cavity Back Player's iron forgiveness. But I'm really not able to determine how true this claim might be.

i would say they are a little more forgiving then the mp4. They are both soft. I would say the mp5 feels a little softer due to the thicker muscle. I do prefer the look of the MP4 PW over the mp5 wedge. But that is minor.

Well done Dan. Another good review from you and I agree these are for the lower hdcp and while they are a bridge between CB and MB they are still a blade on forgiveness sense

The review was very well done indeed. Not to get all gushy, but Canadans writing is sheer talent. These blades are high on my list and this review validated a lot of what I saw and felt and heard with my tone with them. Not making it easy to set up a 2016 bag that is for sure.

Dan shining through again. We really are spoiled with the writing staff here on THP.

The lust for these is real! So pretty

Ap2 are possibly out the door today!

Mp5 coming down the pipe!

Quick question for those that have ordered the mp5 irons.

Are the NDMC mcc +4 grips an upcharge?

Ap2 are possibly out the door today!

Mp5 coming down the pipe!
I believe Santa has Already stuffed your Socks with a set

Happy Holidays

Just got fitted today and clubs are ordered!

Mp5
4-Pw
KBS C-Taper x ssx1
Blue/grey Multi Compound MCC +4 grips
2*
Can't wait!

all this and the clubs came to $952 CAD. (10% off all clubs at golftown right now)

if I wanted the same setup in the Titleist cb's it would run me over $2000 CAD.

Just got fitted today and clubs are ordered!

Mp5
4-Pw
KBS C-Taper x ssx1
Blue/grey Multi Compound MCC +4 grips
2*
Can't wait!

all this and the clubs came to $952 CAD. (10% off all clubs at golftown right now)

if I wanted the same setup in the Titleist cb's it would run me over $2000 CAD.

Got the love the exchange rate. Japanese products are at a all time low.

Let us know how much you enjoy them once they arrive in your bag.

What's the shipping time on these like? Especially for the Canadian guys? How long did you wait on your order to be delivered?

Your looking 2-3 weeks. Let the snow at golf Canada melt a little. Did you get these at the South store, as thats the flag ship store. Typically though, 10 business days... I am gonna trunk some of these too.

Back