Mizuno Releasing JPX 921 Irons: Full Preview

Great write up, and DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG These look awesome and then some!!!!! I wonder if they would consider a bag of tacos trade for a set? Can't wait to see them in person

Very well written @Molten lots of good info. Amazing looking irons, and I could see myself going back to Hot Metal irons again with this lineup.

Busy Monday with product release! Loved this writeup: answered my questions about what is new in the 921 lineup. Forged looks like a sweet spot. The shorter length toe to heel is what I wanted to see. I plan to hit these as soon as available with a local fitter.

Boy those HMP's are calling to me.

Great information on the homepage this morning.. Very well written articles!

Man those look incredible. Great write-up!

921 Preview is rad, very rad ... doesn't suck.

Hope the stock graphite is more than Recoil 95.

Love the look of the 921 Tours and the subtle changes!

These look really good. Great photography too! I would love to see some pictures from the players eye.
A combo with the forged and tour could be cool.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Here are some at address

Awesome preview Gary! Must try the 921 Forged!

So from what I've read, and the early drawings/sketches I've seen, the 921 Forged still has the milled cavity slot behind the lower face. Looks like they added badging to cover/hide the slot???? Gives it a nice look, but I wonder if there was any other purpose for it.

The hot metal pros have my attention. This has been the year of iron buying for me, so I don’t see a reason to stop now. Hopefully I can get my hands on them soon to give them a try.

Sexy. Very Sexy.

Love this tidbit from the article:
"The Hot Metal Pro irons come stock with the Project X LZ Black 5.5 shaft "

That's a good fit for me.

So from what I've read, and the early drawings/sketches I've seen, the 921 Forged still has the milled cavity slot behind the lower face. Looks like they added badging to cover/hide the slot???? Gives it a nice look, but I wonder if there was any other purpose for it.

They backmilled the 919F, too. They mill out the sole to thin the face in the 4-7i and then replace the sole by some magical means. The badge is there for the 919F and they've kept it for the 921 - it did not get in the way - it can be bent, but I had no issues with it. When it was really muddy, a little bit of mud would gather at the top. A brush removed it. A good place to adjust swingweight if wanted.

They backmilled the 919F, too. They mill out the sole to thin the face in the 4-7i and then replace the sole by some magical means. The badge is there for the 919F and they've kept it for the 921 - it did not get in the way - it can be bent, but I had no issues with it. When it was really muddy, a little bit of mud would gather at the top. A brush removed it. A good place to adjust swingweight if wanted.
What I'm seeing is that it looks like the 921 badging is covering that slot though, the badging doesn't cover it in the 919, the slot is open. I like the look of the new badging, just wonder if there is any other purpose for it besides appearance.

JPX_919_Forged_7__66781.1535477091.jpg
1Forged-1024x692.jpg

The hot metal pros have my attention. This has been the year of iron buying for me, so I don’t see a reason to stop now. Hopefully I can get my hands on them soon to give them a try.
If one set is good, all the sets is better. I think some Hot Metal (pro or otherwise) would be great for your game.

If one set is good, all the sets is better. I think some Hot Metal (pro or otherwise) would be great for your game.

The Hot Metal Pro is a very big sleeper in this line.

The Hot Metal Pro is a very big sleeper in this line.
God knows I want to hit them and give them a fair shot at the bag.

God knows I want to hit them and give them a fair shot at the bag.
Are you thinking these should be longer even though the lofts seem the same as last year?

Are you thinking these should be longer even though the lofts seem the same as last year?
Tough to say in the abstract. Likely a bit longer due to a few of the changes but I'm really guessing they are a lot more forgiving as far as ball speed retention goes.

Sounds like the Forged are getting the most advances despite their more compact size. Love the minimal offset, although that top line is a bit intimidating.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 2.24.45 PM.png

Sounds like the Forged are getting the most advances despite their more compact size. Love the minimal offset, although that top line is a bit intimidating.

View attachment 8957258

Im not sure if you read @Molten incredible preview on the home page (link in first post), but he leads with that and explains why.

I am sure the Forged is nice, but it's going to have to be light years ahead of the HMP for an extra $400. I can see a set of HMP 4-GW and ES 54, 58 being ordered very soon if Ping doesn't bring their "A" game, quick!

Back