Most Exclusive Course Played?

Either Champions Retreat or Augusta Country Club.

Here's the scorecard.
Somehow didn't see this. Yea, I went on line and saw the routing. It's funny this same question is being bantered on the website for our rating group. In that crowd I'm mid pack as to playing elite places. Ellerston sticks out as the most difficult play with best rating. Thanks sharing, this looks like a fabulous day out.

I have played Oakland Hills (N & S), Country Club Of Detroit & Detroit Golf Club, all venues for pro and major amateur tournaments. I have played quite a few other clubs that were absolutely stunning, just not as well known.

I got to play Kukio on the big island earlier this year at my brothers wedding. It was pretty awesome.

Short list, but savored each:
Quaker Ridge
Garden City Mens Club
Old Memorial
Old Palm Golf Club - perhaps my favorite just based on circumstances and the hookup

I am jealous. From that list I would say your most exclusive course was Crystal Downs. Mainly because it is somewhat in the middle of nowhere and locating a member to invite you is hard.
Crystal Downs is like 30 or 40 minutes from my house. I was told I could play round of golf there a few years back by someone who was working at the course. I declined. I'll never know how sincere or legitimate the offer was, but exclusive golf courses are not my cup of tee. He'd show me pictures of the course I'd tell him it looked like every other course I'd ever played. Would drive him insane.

From what I understand, requirements for becoming a member go far beyond how much money one has.

I’ve been lucky to play several really exclusive courses, Pine Valley, Oakmont, and Merion are my three favorites in the US.

None yet but in a few short weeks that will change 😁

Firestone CC
Oakland Hills
Dormie Club

Maybe The Broadmoor East or Indianwood (MI)? I think they've have hosted majors. There was an awesome course I used to play often in SA TX that hosted the PGA Championship but as I understand Pecan Valley no longer exists. I've played several other courses that hosted tour events. I've never spent a ton to play, I think Payne's Valley was probably the most expensive.

Last edited:
I feel like Haig Point for the Morgan Cup was pretty exclusive!

Although I think the most exclusive was probably Double Eagle in Ohio. Stumbled across an auction one day that apparently nobody else had seen and got a 3-some out there for a steal. Don't think there's many members (maybe 100?), and when we asked about what time we tee off, they just laughed and said "whenever you want, we never have more than a couple groups out here!" I also bumped into a pretty well-known political figure in the locker room too, which was pretty cool. Whole vibe was super chill and super laid back. I've played better courses, but not sure if I've been anywhere more exclusive.
Double Eagle would be my most exclusive as well. They were a client of mine in a prior life, they averaged 40 rounds a day on the course…

Played some other very nice and well known but not so exclusive courses: Ocean Course at Kiawah, Harbortown, Firestone CC, Canterbury CC come to mind.

I’ve played TPC Sawgrass and Dormie Club... but, those may not be your idea of exclusive.

The Sanctuary Golf Course in Castle Rock, CO

i wish i had actually been into golf the two times i played there. don't get me wrong, i had a great time both times but i think actually trying to play woulda made it even better.

Kukio on the Big Island.

Sometimes being nice to random strangers in first class on the flight pays off.

Kapalua
Oak Tree National

Preston Trail in Dallas
Preston Trail for me also. Cool to see all the members there.

Took this pic in the locker room DFCD507E-C836-4005-8A64-E885A78B8785.jpeg

Spanish Bay and Spyglass on same weekend... With Blown Back, thank the wife with her heavy luggage :banghead:

I was visiting Atlanta back in 2010 and had a chance to play East Lake. Here in Saskatoon, I've played Riverside GCC a couple of times, it's the most exclusive private course in the city.

Been lucky enough to play at a bunch of top notch and highly rated private and public courses over the years.

The most exclusive course that I’ve played is probably the Ohoopee Match Club in Cobbtown, GA.

Back