Most expensive round of golf

At Cape Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs in New Zealand I went off since I didn't know if I would ever be back. They really give it to you with that non resident rate.

$400/round x2
$50/cart x2
$50/club rental x2
$50/food&drink x2
$200/pro shop x2

Total was about $750 for me and you can add that for my wife as well. A solid $1500 round... Twice. It was our honeymoon so it just got lumped in but it stung a little.

I did however use all the available clubhouse amenities to clean up after as we had to drive 6 hours to our next lodging location.

Would do again if given the chance.

I don't play a tone of expensive courses unless I find some sort of deal. I think it cost me $310 to play Torrey South with the guys from the 2017 THCE event the Saturday after (250 green fee, 40 booking fee, 20 for the cart.) And Edgewood in Tahoe was 300 bucks. Those prices are a once a year thing for me. I'll usually try to keep it under $100/round.

What's the most a single round of 18 has ever cost you? Greens, caddie, drinks, replacing damaged cart, e.t.c.
I played Montego Bay, Jamaica, Cinnamon Hill course $150 a day, plus $75 for a caddie, a $20 dollar one way cab ride & $30-40 for food and drinks. It ended up costing me $250-275 a day for 5 days. Luckily, the rest of the vacation was all expense paid and a Christmas gift.

Ocean Course at Hokuala, Kauai, Hawaii. $180 for the round and cart. $45 for the the rental clubs. food/drinks I don't count because I would have spent more anyway. THe $30 for a course logo hat. The rest of the vacation was not too expensive. add this round of golf was a bonus since my travel partner (non-golfer) flew home 8 hours before I did.

Right around $100. Once the kids are a little older, I'll start knocking off some bucket list courses and I'm sure it will double or more.

Harbour Town was $275 plus another $120 for the caddie when I played it a few years ago. Whistling Straights was about the same when I played it more than a decade ago but now it's up to over $400 plus caddie fees and tip.

Pebble Beach. $525 + $100 for caddie + tip. Oh yeah, and a $1,200 room in the lodge for a guaranteed tee time.

Never dreamed I'd spend that much money for a round of golf.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Worth every penny?
I would do it all over again. They offer carts, but most likely will be cart path. Take advantage and walk that course.

$399 for Pebble Beach. Was worth every penny. The $45 I spent for a cigar and gatorade... maybe not.

$120 out at the Dunes in Maui Lani. Surprisingly good course and a good price for Hawaii golf. That was green fees, cart, and clubs.

Tables weren't very nice that trip eh? ;)
They have been worse. I was out there for a conference and came over to the mirage after the conference to play shadow on Friday. that one night stay was so expensive. But my host was awesome as usual and it was nice playing with him.

Pebble Beach 12 years ago.
$450 for the round.

I think round, cart, and rentals in Mexico was around $250 Canadian.

Have had more expensive golf weekends, but that's the most on a single round.

$450 for round of golf at Pebble Beach. After all was said & done I think I spent close to $750 with merchandise.
View attachment 8922295
Yeah, I was in that neighborhood even without a lot of merchandise in the pro shop. The only way I could get a tee time was to stay at the Inn. So, all in, I think that was my most expensive one round of golf.

Walking Pinehurst with a Caddie in a few days, figured it was part of the experience.

Need to get to Pebble someday.
Oh now that is going to be awesome. Have fun and soak it all in. Still kicking myself for not playing any of those courses when I was in college down there.

I have not paid more than a hundred or so for a round. That will be changing this sat as i will be in LA and we are playing Pelican Hill and i have no idea of the cost.

Yeah, I was in that neighborhood even without a lot of merchandise in the pro shop. The only way I could get a tee time was to stay at the Inn. So, all in, I think that was my most expensive one round of golf.
I was lucky enough to get a tee time without staying at the Resort. Not sure if times have changed & it's now required.

I actually had a thread on my round there at Pebble...I need to dig that up and relive some memories.

$400 all in for a round on Torrey South with my dad a few years ago.

As others have stated, the privilege to play Pebble Beach was the most expensive tee time I have ever made. Have done it twice and I will do it again. Amazing course!

Took my son and son in law to plantation in Maui. Don’t want to know what green fees and rentals clubs were. Worth it once. They are on their own next time lol

I dont remember specifically how much but when I played Harbour Town it was close to 300.00 with the forecaddie tip.

Regular round, I think was 99.00 at Longaberger (now Virtues).

I paid 100.00 to play in a charity scramble for Hospice on a local CC that I wouldn’t normally be able to access. It’s a nice course but not worth $100.00 a round, I just don’t have an “in” to play it.

I have no idea what the guest fees were when I played Muirfield Village 20ish years ago when the CEO of my company invited me to play it with him, as he paid them, but I’m sure it was probably more than what I’ve paid.

Back