Most Forgiving Irons You Would Play

CB style, like Apex CB, Titleist 150, JPX 923 Tours, stuff like that.

Once the style gets into the Pro, T200 style they have too much offset and too thick of a topline for me

With the right shafts, I’d have no problem playing Cobra T Rails or any of the Cleveland all hybrid sets or any other OEMs all hybrid sets. Played several of the Cleveland sets over the years. As to why, they’re just stupid easy to hit high and straight.

I haven’t seen a lot of the new stuff in person, but I did see last years Paradym irons and they looked okay.

I played the Apex ‘19 irons and really liked them, and currently have the Forged TecX in my bag. So something around those would be good for me.

I’m not a fan of how hybrids look so those types are definitely out.

If it would truly help me score better, there is virtually no limit to what I would play. However, the “more to the story” is how to define “forgiving.” I view forgiving as whatever club design will mitigate our misses. That can be different for different people. That having been said, I could easily play a Cobra Darkspeed, Srixon ZX4, a Titleist T350 or something similar, if it truly helped me score better.

I'll play anything until the offset gets to be too much It’s all about the offset.

100% right now I want maximum forgiveness and minimum offset. It seems like manufacturers have figured this out with the player distance irons. I might end up back in something.

I would absolutely play something like ZX4.Cant wait until the next set of the DCBs come out.

I've played the AeroJet and previous lines in like the 5-7 range with some success. I think I could play the full set of those but like where the Forged Tec is at. I feel like I make use of the forgiveness but do wonder sometimes if more spin would be "more forgiving" for me.

I think about this a lot. I can use a lot of help. But I’m realizing that I’m vain.

Thankfully companies are packing a ton of forgiveness into pretty irons.

I have the combo set of Titleist T350/T200s and would have not issue of playing a full set of T350s

Apex DCBs have been in the bag for a while. Thinking of the JPX 923 forged or the HMP. Tired of waiting tor the Apex DCB remake. These DCBs will be moving, taking up residence in the cottage bag. I still absolutely love them but its like the 7 year itch, I'm getting itchy and Callaway isnt putting out.

I am seriously thinking about ditching my OG T200s and putting a set of MKII ZX4s in the bag.

Srixon did a great job of making them not look like shovels, and I'm at the point in my golf career that I need some help, both in height and distance. Another contender would be the new T300 series, but I would probably go with the ZX4s first choice.

The answer should be something like the Launcher XLs - I played a stupid good round with the Altitudes and once of their successors, but more likely it would be something like the AI Smoke or G430 on account of the ego.

I like the size and shape of players style CB irons. Most forgiving would be a set that blends that shape with performance to match the same or similar visual. I don't care much to play larger iron heads.

Back