Votes: 15 19.2%
  • "X"

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Soft

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Feel

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
All the above, marketers use these and other terms to appeal to consumers sad sense that some device will improve their game. I suggest that consumers stop consuming devices and start consuming experiences.

Any variation of the word "forgiving". Unless it's included in a paragraph explaining what/why/how it's just a word meant to trick ignorant golfers who don't know any better.

Iconic..

Distance, and I don't think it's even close. Everything these days seems to be longer-er and farther-er and distancey-er. Based on marketing, you would think everyone is Bryson at their local muni.
I've been playing for 35 years. If every claim of "increased distance" from balls, clubs, grips, tees, gloves and shoes were true over those years, I'd be hitting 9,367,539 yard drives by now.

Distance ,,,, by a looooonnnnggg way

Surprised I’ve carried round all these superfluous clubs , over the years ,with all the distance I’ve gained !,,

Some beautifully captured phrases above make me laugh , if they applied some level of definitive measurement , for the average golfer ie; this club goes x metres more for same force and strike applied we would have something to reference.
Otherwise it’s just hype and shiny pages and enticing words...

Now I should distance myself from this,, 😳😏

I went with "Tour" although "Tour" and "Pro" could have easily been combined. My write-in choice is MOI, hands down the most overused term in the last few years.

Anything that PXG say?

I'm confused that "longer" and "straighter" didn't make the list.
Because I don't know of any products with longer or straighter in the name. 🤷‍♂️

Spin? :LOL:

Forgiveness/Forgiving.

If a club is that forgiving, I should never miss a fairway, hit every shot flush and never feel the sting in my hands. That club has yet to be created.

Forgiveness/Forgiving.

If a club is that forgiving, I should never miss a fairway, hit every shot flush and never feel the sting in my hands. That club has yet to be created.
A club that could fix my inconsistencies and make me hit straight shots every time wouldn't be a club, it would be a magic wand!

"Tour" is a good one. As in the Ping Tour shaft. Is anyone on the tour using it? I seriously doubt it.

Back