Music on the course

I prefer music on the course to be coming from the mockingbird in the tree above me.

I like music on the course but played my last couple rounds without and enjoyed it.

Still can’t say that in all my rounds I’ve ever experienced that on a course, yet it’s always the example given here on the internet.
I can say routinely when I play a course with a few parallel holes or greens near tees, I hear other groups music. Not 2 fairways away, that is true.

Of course, on the internet everyone has the music turned down to a barely audible level when another group is within 50 yards. At least that is the example I always read.

I can say routinely when I play a course with a few parallel holes or greens near tees, I hear other groups music. Not 2 fairways away, that is true.

Of course, on the internet everyone has the music turned down to a barely audible level when another group is within 50 yards. At least that is the example I always read.
Funny, the internet always tells me it’s a giant frat party in every single group that ever plays music on the course. At least that’s the example I always read. ;)

I have assume there are a lot people playing music and I never hear it. Most are keeping it down out of courtesy for others. At the same time, there’s always that one or two groups who are either unaware or simply don’t care.

To me, it’s not much different than people playing slower than I like to play. Like it or not, that’s public golf. Nobody is sticking a gun to my head and forcing me to play.

I didn't like it when it became common culture a few years back. Didn't hate it. I just didn't like it.

But Wednesday skins is a party night, and the weekly music and higher energy of the day got me into it. I now carry a JBL Charge 3 with me and will listen to music most rounds. I listen at low volume, and I targeted the Charge 3 because even at very low levels, subtle bass can be detected. So, it doesn't sound as tinny as many other speakers at low levels.

My partner today had music on in his cart, but the speaker was up under the roof and the volume was such that you could only hear it in the cart.

I really enjoyed it as it wasn't a part of the golf shot at all, plus his choice of SiriusXM Deep Tracks was on point.

I dislike music that others can hear or when playing the ball.

I'm not a fan.

Like many have said, music is fine as long as the volume is manageable. If I play by myself and remember, I’ll listen … most times I can’t be bothered bringing a speaker. It’s nice that people ask the others in the group about it too. We actually get phone calls in the pro shop about groups with music too loud so we have to go out there. Some people, especially at our course, think they are the only ones in the world.
Current condition of society.
And before anyone says it’s always been this way, it hasn’t. History didn’t begin the day you were born, as my Grandfather used to say.

I prefer music on the course to be coming from the mockingbird in the tree above me.
Or chipmunks laughing at my poor shot…..

I quite enjoy music. Haven't played it myself for a bit because I am too lazy to recharge the box. Don't care if others are and don't particularly care about genre. I dislike country and ACD-Screech, Guns and Raucousness...but am fine with hearing them. I have heard Hawaiian reggae (did not even know that was a genre), K-pop, classical...usually from other groups but sometimes mine...and the usual suspects and it is all good. Nice ambience and often adds a light bit of enjoyment to the round.

I don’t care for it. I’ve actually had to ask a cart that I got paired with to turn it down (note that I didn’t ask them to turn it off). They weren’t very good and were complimentary of my game. I was giving them tips and they ended up turning the music off and concentrating on their game and did much better. This instance is purely anecdotal but for ME, I play/concentrate better with no music.

Love it

The guys I was paired with today were playing 90s rap on low and I kind of like it.. I don’t even like rap. What is happening to me?

I’m ok with music. I couldn’t really care less what they play. But what I hate is when it abruptly changes when ive addressed my ball. That shouldn’t happen.
I feel it’s a papa woods to baby Tiger tactic. But I’m no Tiger.

Music is a good time.

I appreciate some don't like it. When I'm with a crowd that does like it, music comes on.

Highly recommend playing a round listening to 36 Chambers or Liquid Swords.

Late last year me and my group played a full 18 listening to Wu-Tang Forever. We were the only ones on the course lol

I think of the early solos Ironman is the strongest throughout but i always liked Ghostface

The guys I was paired with today were playing 90s rap on low and I kind of like it.. I don’t even like rap. What is happening to me?

if you only listened to rap after like 2005 that's why you hate rap LOL....It mostly sucked.

No music on the course for me please. I enjoy music but it's not essential at all times. Plus it often interferes with the playlist in my head.

I think music on the course is just another part of the cap on backwards, shirt tail out, joggers, generally ill mannered approach that to me identifies someone as having no respect for the game. It seems as if golf should change to comply with their standards as opposed to adhering to the general rules of comportment and traditions that have made golf what it is. If you want music why not just go to Top Golf eat some wings, get sh_tfaced, generally act like a jerk and convince yourself that you are a golfer!

I think music on the course is just another part of the cap on backwards, shirt tail out, joggers, generally ill mannered approach that to me identifies someone as having no respect for the game. It seems as if golf should change to comply with their standards as opposed to adhering to the general rules of comportment and traditions that have made golf what it is. If you want music why not just go to Top Golf eat some wings, get sh_tfaced, generally act like a jerk and convince yourself that you are a golfer!
Funny, I’m literally on the course right now listening to music with my cap forwards my shirt tucked in and wearing shorts, not joggers. I’ve also done my share to help prepare the course as I played the entire round. You know what they say about assuming…..

Depends on who I'm paired with and my method of transport.. if I'm walking I'll play music.. if I'm riding with some older folks I generally don't even ask and play without music

Sometimes those old guys are super funner anyways so it's cool to chat and goof with them

Music playing and having conversations on the course with others in your group are not mutually exclusive things.

The thing I like most about threads like these is that they help me be less of a crotchety old ****, because I realize how much I don’t like crotchety old ****s. 🤣

I have a small speaker on my back that's really only loud enough for me to hear it when I'm walking and hitting. If I take more than 5 steps from my bag, its no longer discernible.

Back