It’s looking like the Warriors cement a dynasty, with 6 finals appearances and 4 rings in 8 years. Heck of a run.

Best shooter ever
I would argue Drazin Petrovic was the best pure shooter I ever saw in the NBA , but Steph is something else when he’s hot

I would argue Drazin Petrovic was the best pure shooter I ever saw in the NBA , but Steph is something else when he’s hot

Petrovic was something else..fun to watch. Dam shame he was taken early. Nets had something building w/ him, Kenny Anderson, and my man DC

Well technically it’s a comeback quarter.

How good has Horford been this quarter?

Congrats GS, heck of a series

When they move the ball they are fantastic. When they isolate and just play one on one they are terrible. No in between

Once again the turnovers didn’t help either.

Boom LFG Dubs!!!! What a great win and series.

I've seen some of the futures as far as the 2022-2023 season. The oddsmakers like the following. They are in order as far as lowest odds listed first:

Warriors
Celtics
Nets
Clippers
Bucks
Suns

I don't wager on basketball, but I'm not surprised by this listing. I haven't looked into it enough to see the odds on the Heat, Sixers, Grizzlies and Mavs.

It’s looking like the Warriors cement a dynasty, with 6 finals appearances and 4 rings in 8 years. Heck of a run.

The run isn't over either.

I've seen some of the futures as far as the 2022-2023 season. The oddsmakers like the following. They are in order as far as lowest odds listed first:

Warriors
Celtics
Nets
Clippers
Bucks
Suns

I don't wager on basketball, but I'm not surprised by this listing. I haven't looked into it enough to see the odds on the Heat, Sixers, Grizzlies and Mavs.
I would move the Nets down. Any team depending on Kyrie is not a safe bet. I would move the Bucks up to the third spot. If Middleton had been able to play, the Bucks may well have been playing in the Finals and Giannis would have been a matchup nightmare for Golden State. Neither Wiggins nor Draymond can match his size.

If the Kahwi comes back healthy, the Clips could be the best team in the league. The Nuggets could be right there, too, if they have everybody back healthy.

The run isn't over either.
Age is what will catch the Warriors soon. It seems pretty clear that Thompson will not ever be what he once was. Steph is 34. Draymond is showing his age at times. Maybe another year or two, but the window is closing, imho.

I would move the Nets down. Any team depending on Kyrie is not a safe bet. I would move the Bucks up to the third spot. If Middleton had been able to play, the Bucks may well have been playing in the Finals and Giannis would have been a matchup nightmare for Golden State. Neither Wiggins nor Draymond can match his size.

If the Kahwi comes back healthy, the Clips could be the best team in the league. The Nuggets could be right there, too, if they have everybody back healthy.

I just get a kick out of the fact that they already have odds (I don't bet on sports other than an occasional bet on horse racing).

The Sixers have no flexibility.

1655482580474.png

I just get a kick out of the fact that they already have odds (I don't bet on sports other than an occasional bet on horse racing).
Yeah, no kidding. I saw the ESPN article this morning an thought, “WTH, they just crowned a champion last night and we already are picking the next one?” They obviously are much smarter than I am. We still have the Summer with trades, free agency, players still rehabbing from injury, etc.

I was talking to an NBA exec who pointed out that no team is ever the same team the following season, even if the roster stays intact. Players age overnight sometimes. Team chemistry changes when players go home and ruminate all summer about their roles. It’s laughable to be picking a favorite. I guess it’s all just entertainment.

And on a side note…

Danny Ainge, the team president of my Utah Jazz, was at the game last night sporting Celtics gear.

Yup, I guess they're just trying to package him in a deal.
I don’t understand how that works, unless his contract is expiring this next year or the Sixers have some draft picks to throw in.

I don’t understand how that works, unless his contract is expiring this next year or the Sixers have some draft picks to throw in.
Yup they're discussing a package with the 23rd pick apparently.

Correct. Expiring contract. He's a UFA after the 22-23 season.

Age is what will catch the Warriors soon. It seems pretty clear that Thompson will not ever be what he once was. Steph is 34. Draymond is showing his age at times. Maybe another year or two, but the window is closing, imho.
I agree. I love the Warriors - but, I think we have seen the last title for this group of 3 (Curry, Thompson & Green). I could actually see them moving on from Green. All 3 of them are very vulnerable to injuries. But... what a run!!!

Back