Just seeing how many members are from Nebraska... I'm from west central Nebraska
I used to live in North Platte and played around there a lot. Been almost a couple years now though. @IceyShanks is in the eastern part. We had a guy from Scottsbluff for a while. Where do you play?

I'm from North Platte I normally play lake Maloney, Indian Meadows, arrowhead Meadows, and Wildhorse
Nice! Great to have you here man. Welcome to THP!

Yeah I used play all those places. We were members at a River's Edge, but my family had a house on Maloney for a long time (across from 18th tee) and it's a little longer so I played there a lot. A shame what happened to Iron Eagle. I didn't know about that until I visited this summer. That was a good one to get out on during the winter when weather allowed. No temporary pins. Otherwise you have to walk Indian Meadows.

I'm one of a few here who constantly sing Wild Horse's praises. That place is awesome. Had we stayed we were going to do a membership that next year there too. I love that course.

Not sure if there's anyone else on here from that exact area right now. Wasn't when I lived there. It's a bit of an island with some stuff. Like equipment!! That's how I found this place. Was hard to get my hands on clubs to try and get feedback from people using them. And then there turned out to be a lot more to this place than I planned!

:welcome:
Grew up north of Grand Island, now live in Lincoln.

You going to do any winter SIM stuff at Maloney, @Flynfish816 ?

Ya I plan on it at some point I've never played on a sim... It's pretty cool we finally got one here in town
It is. They had just got it going the winter before I moved. That area needed something like that. They are/were a Callaway club, so I'm hoping they've brought in more clubs to try or fit for people now that they have a couple monitors.

Drove through North Platte twice in the last week on the way to and from South Dakota. Always want to stop at this little course we pass on 83 just south of Stapleton, Augusta Winds. The sand hills look like they could make for some fun golf.

Welcome to THP!

Drove through North Platte twice in the last week on the way to and from South Dakota. Always want to stop at this little course we pass on 83 just south of Stapleton, Augusta Winds. The sand hills look like they could make for some fun golf.

Welcome to THP!
Never played there but I plan to in the spring herd it's a hidden little gem...
Thanks for the welcome

It is. They had just got it going the winter before I moved. That area needed something like that. They are/were a Callaway club, so I'm hoping they've brought in more clubs to try or fit for people now that they have a couple monitors.
Last time I talked to Will a few weeks back he's pretty dead set on Callaway but I agree some other brands would be awesome

Omaha hacker here. Spend most of my rounds between Stone Creek, Indian Creek and Tiburon. When I can't get out in play you can find me at 0135 in the morning at G fairways.

I am a NE golfer thru marriage if that counts! I get to go to Hastings and York and Polk! but I also get to go to Wildhorse and Landman soon!

I am a NE golfer thru marriage if that counts! I get to go to Hastings and York and Polk! but I also get to go to Wildhorse and Landman soon!
I've heard good things about Wildhorse, that's one I need to get to someday. I also need to play Tatanka this year.

Landmand is such a fun course, I bet you'll really enjoy it. Well, maybe not so much if it's windy. That's a tough course in the wind.

I've heard good things about Wildhorse, that's one I need to get to someday. I also need to play Tatanka this year.

Landmand is such a fun course, I bet you'll really enjoy it. Well, maybe not so much if it's windy. That's a tough course in the wind.
Wild horse is my favorite public course in NE that I’ve been to. Go at least twice a year. Also a beast if it’s windy as there are no trees. Its wide open and a blast if you get a nice day.

I’m a Grand Island hack who plays at Jackrabbit Run mostly. Glad to meet y’all!!

I live in Omaha. Belong to Ashland Golf Club for 28 years but also play all the public Omaha courses.

I love landmand, as i say that typing on my laptop with the course layout as my background and drinking from my landmand tumbler. I have one for sure tee time there this year in July with a buddy, and I'm going to try and sign up for the golfers journal event out there. Otherwise I might try and pick off a random day or two our there. When I played it in September there wasn't much wind, really hope when I'm there in July its not too windy of a day.

I live in Omaha. Belong to Ashland Golf Club for 28 years but also play all the public Omaha courses.
The GM there is one of my favorite guys in golf.

I’m a Grand Island hack who plays at Jackrabbit Run mostly. Glad to meet y’all!!
When I was in school at UNK (although it was still Kearney State then) we used to treat ourselves whenever we could and go play there. It was just called GI muni then, mid 80‘s. Always in such good shape with exceptional greens. Fond memories of that course.

I love landmand, as i say that typing on my laptop with the course layout as my background and drinking from my landmand tumbler. I have one for sure tee time there this year in July with a buddy, and I'm going to try and sign up for the golfers journal event out there. Otherwise I might try and pick off a random day or two our there. When I played it in September there wasn't much wind, really hope when I'm there in July its not too windy of a day.
I lucked out with the wind when I was there too. I can't imagine how difficult it could be in the wind, especially on a couple of those greens. When a course adjusts their hole handicaps based on the wind direction you know it can cause some serious damage!

Excited to be bringing at least two THP Experiences to Nebraska this year and we know more are coming.

Back