Need help, please.

roberts9

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking to buy a good set of used Clubs til taxes next year. I was wondering if anyone here played the Nike CCI Forged Irons or Mizuno MX-23's. My handicap isnt the lowest but I'm very consistent with my swing. I can't decide between the two and just need some input. Thanks and God Bless.

I've only played the Mizuno's and I liked them very much. (just for a few shots on the range though)

I believe the Nikes fall into the GE category with virtually no offset and a very thin topline. The Mizunos should be much more forgiving if that's what your looking for. But as I said, haven't had a chance to play them both.

Last edited:
Bothj are good irons, but both are very different irons. The Mizunos are going to have a little bit more in the forgiveness category. I would tell you that if you are looking for irons on a budget, there are other sets you could buy new right now for even less money such as Nickent 4DX. You could get full technology of a 2009 golf club from one of the best club makers in the last 4 decades of golf for less than the price of those since Nickent is no longer.

I have the CCI's and I can attest to the fact that they are great clubs, but not for everyone. You can work the ball but if you are a little off, watch out. I really like the thin top line and no offset (I draw/hook the ball) so they work for me. But I'd wager to say unless you shoot in the 70s/low 80s go with something more forgiving.

edit - Yeah what JB said ;)

Back