Need Help Selecting a New Hybrid

No one makes hybrids like Tour Edge Exotics. In the years you are looking at:
2018 CBX,
2019 CBX 919, EXS,
2020 EXS 220, EXS Pro
By the way, I just ordered a new 16* CBX 919, with Project X Even Flow Blue 85 shaft for $100. I think original retail was $250, good deals can always be found on previous year models, new or used. :drinks:

Callaway Big Bertha hybrid 2019. The stock shaft is UST Recoil.
These are bombers. If you are looking for more of an iron replacement I recommend Callaway Apex ‘19s. First time I have loved a hybrid since the RazrX.

I played an Adams Pro Hybrid forever and recently switched to the Tour Edge EXS 220 #2 Hybrid with a Smoke Black Shaft. Everything you could want in a Hybrid, the thing is a beast. Just ask @Jman.

What kind of distance does the #2 give you? Could you share driver / 3wood/ hybrid distances? what is the next club in your set?

What kind of distance does the #2 give you? Could you share driver / 3wood/ hybrid distances? what is the next club in your set?
Also, interested in that feedback

Based off my Arccos data:

Driver: Range = 257-292 yards, Smart Distance = 273 yards (122 shots)
3 wood: Range = 229-251 yards, Smart Distance = 241 yards (Only 8 shots with this the entire year)
#2 Hybrid: Range = 214-243 yards, Smart Distance = 229 yards. (19 shots)

My next club after the 2 Hybrid is my 4 Iron.

4 iron: Range = 215-249 yards, Smart Distance = 233 yards. (52 shots)

EXS 220 is probably the most complete hybrid out there right now. I have zero issues saying that.

He could get the Atmos Blue to.match his driver in the 818's as well.
This was gonna be my suggestion. Seems like a good place to start anyways.

Need some assistance or guidance with picking a new hybrid. I am open to anything in the past three years, so doesn't have to be brand new.

A little bit about me, I have a low 90 Driver SS and was recently fitted @ CC for the new Mizuno ST200 with Atmos Blue 6r shaft and the T300s (5-gw) with the Nippon 950 gh shafts. I am currently hitting the Adams Idea Hybrid with Bassara shaft, but don't care for the shaft and head combo any longer.

Anyone have any recommendations of where to start to look?

Thanks in advance.

a couple of quick questions.

1. do you want distance or specific yardage gapping?
2. What spot in the bag are you trying to fill?
3. any preferences on what you see at address?

right now Cobra and Callaway have some great hybrids that run the spectrum of distance clubs or specific iron replacements. I would start there.

As I'm sure you know, getting fit by a fitter like CC is best. However, most of us don't have unlimited funds, so hopeful this is helpful.

My driver SS is same as yours and I have a very consistent swing with a high smash factor. Other characteristics of our two swings? Who knows? Anyway, I got fit for a hybrid at Club Champion just three weeks ago. They fit me to a Ping G410 with the Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 75 Regular shaft. Second choice was the Callaway Mavrik with the same shaft. The Mavrik launches higher with comparible lofts. The Ping G410 has a more penetrating flight and had total distance of about 10 extra yards. I shape shots, so the Ping gave me more flexibility. I could hit draws with descent angles of about 30 degrees for running it up on the green. Fades gave me a 45-50 degree angle of descent. Perfect for holding greens.

Finally, I've been fit for a driver twice in recent years. The first time I was fitted for a Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Red 6 stiff shaft. Most recently, a Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 60g Flex-R.

Hopefully, that is helpful.

It partly depends on whether you want your hybrid to be an iron replacement or more of a distance club, like a fairway wood.

It partly depends on whether you want your hybrid to be an iron replacement or more of a distance club, like a fairway wood.

good point. I am looking for something with consistent distance. something that would be reliable on longer par 3s. So more of an iron replacement.

looking to gap between my 19 degree 5 wood and my 5 iron

Ben Hogan's offerings are highly regarded here... and @Jman speaking about the Tour Edge offerings... he's one of the club testers here and he's tested a lot of hybrids I believe and he gives great and completely honest reviews. In other words, if the club doesn't work for him, he says so... check out the reviews on Ben Hogan (and their direct to consumer business model which may mean low prices) and their try before you buy program... but don't forget to check out Tour Edge... they've got the same technology as the big names at very reasonable prices.

Try the new cobra.... seriously it’s a beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back