• Total voters

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
As some of you know, LDax & I have Covid, and I’m looking for a Masters to watch to make me feel better.

I love ‘86, but I watched it so many times, so it is out. I’ve come up with 2 choices for maximum enjoyment, and I want y’all to vote.

2004- “Is it his time? Yes!! At long last!!!” Phil wins his first Green Jacket.

2011- Low Key Personal Favorite- Schwartzel birdies in from 15 to steal a Green Jacket. Great Leader board with one epic collapse.

What say you?

Can't stand Phil so I'm going 2011

• Staff
  • Staff
It looks like 2004 is going to win in a landslide, so I’ve already fired it up.

Some early thoughts:

What I love is Lanny Watkins says you absolutely can’t put it into the trees on the left side of 1, Phil immediately hits it there and then puts it on the green from there.

Kurt Triplett started the day just 4 back & leaves a good birdie chance like 7 ft short on the 3rd then missed the par putt. Oh Kurt.

Chris DiMarco’s preshot routine is more annoying than I remembered.

• Staff
Langer with a birdie- birdie start, announcer commenting on his age even here in 2004.

• Staff
Langer is sponsored by Top Flight, I wonder which one of their 2004 offerings did he play with at this Masters?

Speith Creek.

Tiger’s comeback is a great one to watch too.

Where they put the pin on 4 is sick, just 3 yards on.

Langer is definitely anchoring this broomstick putter, not sure if it was legal in 2004.

Looks like KJ Choi has graphite shafts in his irons, not word from the announcers dogging him for it.

The answer is Phil..

Looks like KJ Choi has graphite shafts in his irons, not word from the announcers dogging him for it.
They were yellow too!! Or was it orange… 🤔🤔

The announcers compare DiMarco’s swing to Palmer’s… He hits a horrid shot, I think, Arnie would never.

Phil’s bunker game is so good back then.

They look light orange.
I know they were MFS apache shafts. 115 gram. :ROFLMAO: Is it weird I can remember the shaft and not the color??

Isn't there about a zillion better choices than these 2 Masters?

Snedaker just finished at +12 , 2nd low amateur. He was 18 years old, they said he has a bright future here. 4 years later, he finishes T3.

I know they were MFS apache shafts. 115 gram. :ROFLMAO: Is it weird I can remember the shaft and not the color??
That is nuts that you remember the shaft, I’m surprised the Lanny isn’t losing his mind about shaft selection.

Paul Casey has played some good golf this Masters. Looks super young here.

Vijay birdies 9 for a 32 on the front, 1st appearance on the telecast.

Back