Need new wedge shafts?

Dr.Deuss

Reaction score
Handicap
Just ordered my new set of irons with KBS Tour X shafts, and now I'm thinking I should step up my wedges to the KBS wedge, or HI-REV shaft in X-stiff. Right now I have the stock DG wedge shafts, but feel i need to match them with the 130g of my iron shafts. Any thoughts or advice?

Great links Hawk. A ton of good info there.

Thanks Hawk, both of those covered a lot of the issues I've been thinking about. I feel I could benefit from a bit lower launch with my wedges. I've read before about going a little softer in the wedges, but I think that OEM variation that was mentioned, i.e S200 all the way up to S400 can create quite a grey area. I've thought about the DG Spinner, and as I mentioned the KBS wedge shafts. I guess it's jus a bit more difficult to have these options available to try out at the course. Any way to determine what OEM flex happens to be in my clubs?

Thanks Hawk, both of those covered a lot of the issues I've been thinking about. I feel I could benefit from a bit lower launch with my wedges. I've read before about going a little softer in the wedges, but I think that OEM variation that was mentioned, i.e S200 all the way up to S400 can create quite a grey area. I've thought about the DG Spinner, and as I mentioned the KBS wedge shafts. I guess it's jus a bit more difficult to have these options available to try out at the course. Any way to determine what OEM flex happens to be in my clubs?

You can have clubs frequency tested at most golf shops including Golfsmith.

If it's the stock shaft in the Cally's, I believe it is basically an S300.

It's not a perfect answer, but could you demo some other wedges that come stock with the Hi-Revs or Spinners?

That's what I figured was in it, and my Mizuno wedge simply says DG Wedge. Next time I'm at the course I'll try a few with the Spinner in it and see how those are. I know I'm not swinging as fast with the wedges, even on a full approach, as I am with everything else. I do think however that I'm giving up quite a bit with my 52 and 56 on distance for full shots. I play 52* to about 100-110 yds, 56* to 75-85 on full swings. I think I should be able to hit a full 56 to 100 yds at least.

Good luck man. I'm a big fan of the Spinners. I like the weight and they seem to do what they advertise.

Huge fan of the spinner shafts.
TapAhoy!

Most wedge heads are extremely similar, with the small outliers of something like the Callaway Jaws. Go find a wedge with the Spinner or any other shaft you want to try and give 'em a whack!

I have been using the KBS Hi-Rev shafts in my wedges for the past few weeks and so far they are incredible. Love the feel and performance.

Glad to hear, how did you decide on Stiff instead of maybe one notch down?

That's a good point. I sometimes get it in my head that each club is vastly different, but am coming to learn more and more how much the shaft plays a role.

my recommendation is the hi-rev in stiff. the feel is impecable and they are similar weight to your iron shafts. also, i feel like having a slightly weaker shaft in your wedges will allow you to play different shots instead of having to muscle the touchy shots with an x-stiff. i honestly regret switching to s400s compared to the hi-rev.

You might like the tour concepts that are in the 588s (spelled that c0ncept at first bad habit lol) I have found that they felt much better then the spinners did for me

Who makes those?

Back