Never Compromise Putter Review

fishymehta

Ahh... life is good
Reaction score
Handicap
14.0 OOB
Well, guys (and gals), I finally broke down and threw out my old putter, and bought a brand-new Never Compromise Gambler Royal. So, after rolling it for about a month, I figured I would do a nice little review for any THPers considering getting a new putter

Looks: 9.5/10
I personally love the Gambler scheme of the putter. It makes it unique, and the black/red theme really appeals to me. I love the attention to detail, especially on the hosel, where they stamp in each of the four suits in alternating black/red. The stamps across the bumpers remind you that the club means business though, clearly stating that this is a quality forged putter. At address, any designs are completely hidden from view, and you are left with a classy, glare-free head to stare down at. The only problem I really have with this putter is the grip. Although I love its classiness when I'm not lining up, I find it to be a little distracting while staring straight down during the putt.

Feel: 9/10
The feel of this club throughout the swing is outstanding. During the backstroke, you can feel the heavier putterhead, which kept me concentrating on making a smooth stroke and prevented any jitters that appears on lighter putters. During the forward stroke, the putter stayed true to the line easily, and again stressed a smooth tempo. At contact, the putter is soft yet supple. On a centered stroke, the ball felt like it had melted into the face, and the contact was extremely smooth. The only thing to be aware of is that the putter feels harsh on stroked that miss the center by more than 1/8 of an inch, and is very prone to twisting, so this is really focused toward better putters who can make a consistent stroke.

Overall: 9.25/10
The Gambler is an excellent putter although it isn't meant for everyone. If you are someone who prefers classic, plain putters, this is definitely not for you. If you enjoy standing out a bit, with an undistracting, unique theme that gets down to business, check it out. The feel is great for those who like soft contact, but still want to know that the ball made contact. Make sure you have a consistent stroke before using this putter, since it is not going to help you any on those mishits. Finally, make sure the Royal will work for you, since it has slightly different specs than most putters: 3º loft and 70º lie.

Great review! I'm so close to getting one right now. Is the lie flatter or more upright than most?

Nice review fishy, enjoy the new flatstick, it sounds like you have found a keeper.

Nice review always liked the looks of the Gambler.

Great review. I love Never Compromise putters and have a few of them. Still using a VooDoo that is probably 6 years old.

Back